Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Those 2 are Helenka (in green) and Todd ( in blue)! If you look at the backs of the chairs, the names are there!

I was just at BWI last week and asked about Carrie (who has the same coloring as Todd & Paul!) and was in the lobby with Todd in October! I was told by a reliable source that several of the chairs are currently at the "chair doctor".

Paul (who is missing part of one foot) has been offstage for quite some time. :(

As someone named Paul, that is a definite bummer! I have a picture of Paul’s name from the back, but it is from a few years ago.

So......our stay at Sugar Loaf...:drinking1

B1F4836C-9C34-40FE-9003-B50E02E53C0D.jpeg
B4679A7D-688A-4307-8678-64B76872A647.jpeg
Everyone knows this place is beautiful!
72C0783C-E815-49C7-A6B2-2C9642A85DAD.jpeg
CA6581FE-2C36-48ED-AAFF-60DA6A3BAC11.jpeg
Top pic is courtyard entrance, bottom is marina entrance.

7F7D5F68-D87E-4CCF-9330-DA8911738BB0.jpeg 6B487409-15AD-4B9A-B1F4-911127973DFD.jpeg
Service areas.

C1C2F5D9-0A18-43A2-A9EB-21A52B7B9F2B.jpeg
Soups here are just lovely, funny I’m not a big soup person at home but really love the tomato with plenty of fresh “real” croutons!!!

B37D247F-4739-4461-BE1C-9151935B0D38.jpeg 5873120B-F3FD-4958-8BC6-CF1F986C5967.jpeg
Plenty of snacks typically available!

Last edited:
So...we had some issues checking in, like we had our evening offerings before we were able to finally get to our room, we were told maintenance issues. It happens I understand. We had a standard room booked and did end up getting a 2nd floor deluxe. Really enjoyed the layout.

I like SL but on this trip I noticed this place was FULL, like multiple families at a time standing and waiting for tables I had noticed. This can happen many places as well, although here I do wish that there were some way of expanding the lounge seating areas and serving areas and had so hoped something may have been done with this years refurb.

I did have some frustrations with the manners of some guests here, I’m not Practically Perfect but I like to think so...lol, multiple times I had taken serving utensils to the cm’s and asked to be replaced because someone had dropped them on the floor and actually put it back on the counter......gross.

SL sold out is not my favorite, sorry if that’s harsh maybe it’s because there were several families that were there and I believe thought they were the only families there, at one point I actually got asked by one family if we could finish up so they could have our table when they already had multiple. I’m sorry but I can get defensive when I’m offended like many can understandably, hopefully, so I stood up and told him, I’m gonna be here as long as I like and I’ll take all of your tables.....:confused3 he didn’t think I was very nice.

I’m a real nice guy...:thumbsup2

We really enjoy the Grand and have lots of great memories, I just didn’t get that vibe this time and I believe much of it was just the volume of guests.

The cm’s I tip my hat as usual were working their tails off!!!

Oh I did get a chance to speak with one of the Chefs one night, he asked if I knew what the hottest thing in the culinary world was.....you know me the funny guy says chicken nuggets!!!!! He laughed and takes me over to the Mickey shaped sugar cubes also available in brown sugar now. :cool1:

Overall we did have some glitches I guess you could say but the Grand will always be just that, Grand.

I think I need to search out the secret low crowd times again because the weeks after Thanksgiving are not what they used to be.

Great pictures!! Thanks for sharing! What a cutie!

We saw a video today, seems like they now offer actual food during afternoon snack time. Did you experience that?

Thanks, your so nice!!!

The soups, breads, cookies, were all normal. I do believe some meats were out a few times. Then in the later afternoon like 2-4 I think was when the scones were available, like usual.

Last edited:
So...we had some issues checking in, like we had our evening offerings before we were able to finally get to our room, we were told maintenance issues. It happens I understand. We had a standard room booked and did end up getting a 2nd floor deluxe. Really enjoyed the layout.

I like SL but on this trip I noticed this place was FULL, like multiple families at a time standing and waiting for tables I had noticed. This can happen many places as well, although here I do wish that there were some way of expanding the lounge seating areas and serving areas and had so hoped something may have been done with this years refurb.

I did have some frustrations with the manners of some guests here, I’m not Practically Perfect but I like to think so...lol, multiple times I had taken serving utensils to the cm’s and asked to be replaced because someone had dropped them on the floor and actually put it back on the counter......gross.

SL sold out is not my favorite, sorry if that’s harsh maybe it’s because there were several families that were there and I believe thought they were the only families there, at one point I actually got asked by one family if we could finish up so they could have our table when they already had multiple. I’m sorry but I can get defensive when I’m offended like many can understandably, hopefully, so I stood up and told him, I’m gonna be here as long as I like and I’ll take all of your tables.....:confused3 he didn’t think I was very nice.

We really enjoy the Grand and have lots of great memories, I just didn’t get that vibe this time and I believe much of it was just the volume of guests.

Oh I did get a chance to speak with one of the Chefs one night, he asked if I knew what the hottest thing in the culinary world was.....you know me the funny guy says chicken nuggets!!!!! He laughed and takes me over to the Mickey shaped sugar cubes also available in brown sugar now. :cool1:

Overall we did have some glitches I guess you could say but the Grand will always be just that, Grand.

I think I need to search out the secret low crowd times again because the weeks after Thanksgiving are not what they used to be.

Ugh you’re making me nervous... but might be able to use this to convince DH to upgrade to RPC :ssst:

SL is typically nicer on a persons wallet, so that’s something I always consider. This was a first as far as the crowds at the lounge and also getting our room so late.

DH picked it for his upcoming 40th. Says he prefers SL for convince. I’d rather the ambiance of RPC. But I had my turn to pick last year, so I can’t really complain. :cool2:

Those 2 are Helenka (in green) and Todd ( in blue)! If you look at the backs of the chairs, the names are there!

I was just at BWI last week and asked about Carrie (who has the same coloring as Todd & Paul!) and was in the lobby with Todd in October! I was told by a reliable source that several of the chairs are currently at the "chair doctor".

Paul (who is missing part of one foot) has been offstage for quite some time. :(

Thanks! For every one of our trips it has been Todd and Paul. I never knew there were others. Love learning new stuff!

Thanks! For every one of our trips it has been Todd and Paul. I never knew there were others. Love learning new stuff!

Besides Carrie (who I mistakenly said has blue coloring - oops, she’s green!), there’s also Kiley and Alix. There’s 1 other whose name might be Nicki (or Nikki). It’s been so long, I’ve forgotten! :confused3

CMs switch out the chairs in the lobby occasionally and there are usually 2 others on display elsewhere (on lobby level in one of the resort room corridors). Not the case last week, but maybe they’ll be back after the Holidays.

Besides Carrie (who I mistakenly said has blue coloring - oops, she’s green!), there’s also Kiley and Alix. There’s 1 other whose name might be Nicki (or Nikki). It’s been so long, I’ve forgotten! :confused3

CMs switch out the chairs in the lobby occasionally and there are usually 2 others on display elsewhere (on lobby level in one of the resort room corridors). Not the case last week, but maybe they’ll be back after the Holidays.

Even creepier now knowing there are so many......:rotfl2:

So......our stay at Sugar Loaf...

Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing :flower3:.

Thanks for your review. Sorry about the glitches you encountered, but glad you had a great time overall :wizard:.

DH picked it for his upcoming 40th. Says he prefers SL for convince. I’d rather the ambiance of RPC.

SL is convenient (especially if you spend time at the courtyard pool), but RPC is so relaxing :cloud9:.

DH picked it for his upcoming 40th. Says he prefers SL for convince. I’d rather the ambiance of RPC. But I had my turn to pick last year, so I can’t really complain. :cool2:

We've only stayed in SL once and I thought it was just ok. I don't remember that it was overly busy, but I think knowing RPC is right there next to it made me feel sad (lol). BUT, I will say that DH and my 2 girls did like SL!! So I was happy that they were happy. Like we all say, it's a convenient building with perks of food/drinks. I'd stay there again someday, but it's just not up at the top with my favorites!

We've only stayed in SL once and I thought it was just ok. I don't remember that it was overly busy, but I think knowing RPC is right there next to it made me feel sad (lol). BUT, I will say that DH and my 2 girls did like SL!! So I was happy that they were happy. Like we all say, it's a convenient building with perks of food/drinks. I'd stay there again someday, but it's just not up at the top with my favorites!

I agree. It doesn’t compare to me at all. But just being at The Grand is enough for me.

Thanks for the review and pics!! Our stay at RPC was a few days after Thanksgiving and it indeed was also full. However, we must be on a different touring style than most because we usually lucked out with the times we chose to eat in the lounge and we always found a table. The food just kept coming out and several CMs commented RPC was completely full so they were sure to keep the food coming. Well....that night they had the Korean short ribs, we and one other family were there around 6:30ish and nobody else in sight!! Lots of fresh food and nobody to eat, so the CMs told us to please keep grabbing food and asked if we wanted plates for our room! DH was in heaven and said he felt like he was leaving my parents' house on a holiday (stuffed full and taking home leftovers - lol).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter