Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I am so worried and frustrated. My health is poor and hubby & I decided last year that we would make 2020 our GRAND Disney trip and do the things most important to us and then not worry what the future might hold!

In Sept 2020, I found a DVC Club AKL Jambo 1 bedroom that coordinated with the DVC Moonlight Magic DHS party. It was perfect! We could enjoy Club and only do one evening of a park in the form of a DVC party. We had never been able to do one, so perfect! I planned one dinner and a nice breakfast and the rest would be club, party or grab a lunch. I was really excited and the anticipation was keeping me moving forward on medical procedures I needed done. I heal better when looking forward and moving forward to my Happy Place!

Then in December I had a 2 week, 2 bedroom at BCV. The first week with our wee granddaughters who have never been to Disney and their parents, our son and his wife. Oh what a treat! And the second with a dear friend and her adult special needs daughter. We had so much fun sharing our Disney with them and decided to do it again this year!

Things were familiar and falling into place nicely! I had used all my points, banked and borrowed into 2021 but that was fine! This was my big hurrah!

Well Covid hit and I am devastated. Personally I have had 5 surgeries since May 13. I am finally home but weak as a puppy and my motivation to heal and get strong is fading day by day! So far only my ADR's for Sept have disappeared.

I understand right now there is no CLUB level at all but heart keeps hoping it will be back by Sept! It is hard to even think about Dec. I am afraid to ask my son if they are willing to try traveling by plane with their precious little ones. I am afraid of the answer! I think my friend will come any way but who knows.

Disney is my way to better and right now the road blocks have me down like never before. I can't even think through where this all may go. I know it is silly but I really just wanted a wonderful last trip! And no, it is not me to belly ache but here I am being an pessimist!

I am so worried and frustrated. My health is poor and hubby & I decided last year that we would make 2020 our GRAND Disney trip and do the things most important to us and then not worry what the future might hold!

In Sept 2020, I found a DVC Club AKL Jambo 1 bedroom that coordinated with the DVC Moonlight Magic DHS party. It was perfect! We could enjoy Club and only do one evening of a park in the form of a DVC party. We had never been able to do one, so perfect! I planned one dinner and a nice breakfast and the rest would be club, party or grab a lunch. I was really excited and the anticipation was keeping me moving forward on medical procedures I needed done. I heal better when looking forward and moving forward to my Happy Place!

Then in December I had a 2 week, 2 bedroom at BCV. The first week with our wee granddaughters who have never been to Disney and their parents, our son and his wife. Oh what a treat! And the second with a dear friend and her adult special needs daughter. We had so much fun sharing our Disney with them and decided to do it again this year!

Things were familiar and falling into place nicely! I had used all my points, banked and borrowed into 2021 but that was fine! This was my big hurrah!

Well Covid hit and I am devastated. Personally I have had 5 surgeries since May 13. I am finally home but weak as a puppy and my motivation to heal and get strong is fading day by day! So far only my ADR's for Sept have disappeared.

I understand right now there is no CLUB level at all but heart keeps hoping it will be back by Sept! It is hard to even think about Dec. I am afraid to ask my son if they are willing to try traveling by plane with their precious little ones. I am afraid of the answer! I think my friend will come any way but who knows.

Disney is my way to better and right now the road blocks have me down like never before. I can't even think through where this all may go. I know it is silly but I really just wanted a wonderful last trip! And no, it is not me to belly ache but here I am being an pessimist!
I don’t have any real knowledge of the future of CL and I also hope it gets back to some semblance of existence by September. I’m so sorry for all you are going through right now. I do so hope you get to take your special trips. Sending you healing thoughts 💗

When people say it’s just a vacation, they should read your post. My heart aches for you. I do think Disney will try and add CL back as quickly as they can, hopefully in time for you!

I know right !! I have never been to UO and I am a Potterhead. Why ? Because my husband is not into HP like I am. But $ to $ I think that UO is more expensive than WDW if staying onsite with CL.

I love WDW, strongly prefer it, but I definitely would give the value preference to UO. Guests at their hotels get in an hour early--and there are still few enough resorts that it means something (though they keep building more). Guests at their deluxe hotels, the ones that offer CL, also get Express Pass included in their stay. Depending on when you go, this pass costs $80-130 per person per day. It actually becomes cheaper to stay at a deluxe for my family than their value hotels if we wanted to buy Express Pass OOP. Imagine if the extra FP program was included with your CL stay. But you don't even have to stay CL at UO to get such a bonus, just at a deluxe.
I loved Express Pass so much that if we go to Disneyland Paris, we're definitely going to spring for their version of it (Magic Pass, I think).

Sigh. MDE still shows are BWI deluxe room as CL, but again, deluxe rooms only exist at CL at BWI. Still interested to see what kind of discount they'd give on the room of there's no CL in October, even though I now feel there's a 90% chance we're not going.
I saw our family doc on Friday and asked for his opinion on visiting theme parks in 2020. When he finished laughing, he listed all the things that the protocols can't prevent/control, why he'd be more comfortable with an adults-only trip than anything with kids, and then told me that even the idea of visiting a place with, say, 20,000 people in it was making his pulse race.

Probably not surprising or helpful, but I wanted to say that my room (CR CL) for August 20-23 is still showing up as CL. Of course, I also still have parkhopper option on my pass.

I don't blame Disney for proceeding cautiously - but I gotta say, if my niece was old enough to be into Harry Potter, I think we'd switch to UO ;).

Last edited:
I saw our family doc on Friday and asked for his opinion on visiting theme parks in 2020. When he finished laughing, he listed all the things that the protocols can't prevent/control, why he'd be more comfortable with an adults-only trip than anything with kids, and then told me that even the idea of visiting a place with, say, 20,000 people in it was making his pulse race.

I won't link it here because it's really off topic, but I saw where a reputable source had ranked activities based on risk assessment. Visiting theme parks got an 8 out of 10. Not surprising at all. I can't get my doc to give it a thumbs up either, and that's with no aggravating factors.

See I thought they’d likely do that too, but then I thought about the magic band locks in the elevators and outside the Hawaii building at Poly etc. If everyone’s CL reservation is downgraded to normal I see a comedy of magic band mishaps coming.

As for UO...never been there and until their new park opens with the Nintendo land it’s got nothing I’m interested in or can really do except Potter, and JKR seems intent to destroy any love I once had for those books every time she runs her mouth on Twitter. Even as Potterheads we could never justify the expense of popping over there on our trips and tbh...I’d still rather go to a restricted Disney. At least I won’t get motion sick there. (I can’t even watch Uni rides on YouTube)
According to my friend they can easily take those MB locks offline, I wouldn't worry too much about that portion, but in the beginning they are likely keeping room inventory low enough that they would only use those areas at a last resort for social distancing of rooms once they begin expanding how many guests they have at one time (and by that time it's even possible that CL would be back, but no one knows right now).

I also have a hard time with motion sickness at UO, it's horrible. We keep thinking we'll go over that as a second part of our Christmas trip since we canceled our cruise, but I just don't know. My oldest DD and I love the rides but get motion sick easy (her especially), my DH just doesn't love the asthetic (he's never been, just seen pictures and vlogs), and my youngest DD has sensory processing disorder and pretty much can't do most of the rides there. There are a few she can do, and many she can do but doesn't want to, so I don't know if it's worth it. I guess we'll see how far along in their opening process Disney is by our November trip and then make a decision.

Sigh. MDE still shows are BWI deluxe room as CL, but again, deluxe rooms only exist at CL at BWI. Still interested to see what kind of discount they'd give on the room of there's no CL in October, even though I now feel there's a 90% chance we're not going.
Our family doctor is actually a huge WDW fan, we were supposed to be there at the same time in late March, and I talked to him on Friday at my visit about it just to get his thoughts (that's not why I went, obviously). Bascially it poses no higher risk of going as going anywhere where there are any people: the grocery store, a park, the beach, pretty much anywhere anyone gathers. The parks are so massive that it's not like we'll be on top of each other, it's not like being a stadium or a building with that many people. As long as you wash your hands and follow procedures, don't touch your face, you have no more risk there than anywhere. He said he'd feel better being at Disney or Universal than at our local grocery store any day, at least they are going to be cleaning on a regular basis and enforcing masks (we live in an area where people are pretty much mostly not wearing masks because it's not mandatory). I trust his opinion because he knows the parks, goes multiple times a year, and is versed on all of their new safety measures. Of course the protocols can't control everything, the only thing that is fool proof is staying home and never leaving.

Our family doctor is actually a huge WDW fan, we were supposed to be there at the same time in late March, and I talked to him on Friday at my visit about it just to get his thoughts (that's not why I went, obviously). Bascially it poses no higher risk of going as going anywhere where there are any people: the grocery store, a park, the beach, pretty much anywhere anyone gathers. The parks are so massive that it's not like we'll be on top of each other, it's not like being a stadium or a building with that many people. As long as you wash your hands and follow procedures, don't touch your face, you have no more risk there than anywhere. He said he'd feel better being at Disney or Universal than at our local grocery store any day, at least they are going to be cleaning on a regular basis and enforcing masks (we live in an area where people are pretty much mostly not wearing masks because it's not mandatory). I trust his opinion because he knows the parks, goes multiple times a year, and is versed on all of their new safety measures. Of course the protocols can't control everything, the only thing that is fool proof is staying home and never leaving.
FINALLY! I love this post. So full of common sense. We're scheduled for early December, BWI deluxe club. I too feel that once things get rolling at Disney, they'll see what works and what doesn't. I see CL's coming back but with more CM control of items v.s. self serve. I'm cool with that, as long as I don't get the stink eye for wanting yet another beer:).

Thank you for this post. Obviously everyone has to do what's best for them but it's refreshing to know that even a medical person thinks that Disney is still possible, simply by following what I think are basically "no brainer" recommendations

FINALLY! I love this post. So full of common sense. We're scheduled for early December, BWI deluxe club. I too feel that once things get rolling at Disney, they'll see what works and what doesn't. I see CL's coming back but with more CM control of items v.s. self serve. I'm cool with that, as long as I don't get the stink eye for wanting yet another beer:).

Thank you for this post. Obviously everyone has to do what's best for them but it's refreshing to know that even a medical person thinks that Disney is still possible, simply by following what I think are basically "no brainer" recommendations
I am a medical person myself lol, and yeah, just have to do what you can. I’m very anxious to see how all of this really plays out over the first few months.

Has anyone gotten their CL room at AKL or AKV canceled or rebooked somewhere else for trips now through December? I saw somewhere on here that some DVC rentals at JAMBO have been moved to KIDANI. I own AKV and I am using points for my CL stay at the end of September. I prefer Jambo but if CL is not available then I would like to know for sure now (or soon) rather than be disappointed at arrival.

You've been through a LOT. I understand why you're feeling down. Right now you have one job: heal.
Take it day by day, get better.

If our reservations hold you and I will be at AKV club level together! Fingers, eyes, toes and nose crossed. ... uh, no, not nose.
I hope we can say Hi!

Has anyone gotten their CL room at AKL or AKV canceled or rebooked somewhere else for trips now through December? I saw somewhere on here that some DVC rentals at JAMBO have been moved to KIDANI. I own AKV and I am using points for my CL stay at the end of September. I prefer Jambo but if CL is not available then I would like to know for sure now (or soon) rather than be disappointed at arrival.

I once had a value studio Jambo reservation moved to Savannah view studio kidani and I just don't like Kidani so I asked if there was anything else. I was offered 1 bed at OKW and gladly accepted so if you do get moved ask if theres another option, (this was done about a month before check in) We have an AKL CL reservation for December and I'm really hoping it still happens. The NBA will be long gone, their last possible game will be Oct. 12th so that "shouldn't " be the issue.

Last edited:
I once had a value studio Jambo reservation moved to Savannah view studio kidani and I just don't like Kidani so I asked if there was anything else. I was offered 1 bed at OKW and gladly accepted so if you do get moved ask if theres another option, (this was done about a month before check in) We have an AKL CL reservation for December and I'm really hoping it still happens. The NBA will be long gone, they're last possible game will be Oct. 12th so that "shouldn't " be the issue.
We are Sept 26-Oct. 2

I don’t want to stay at Kidani.I book where I want to stay. I don’t see how they can move me from my confirmed reservation just to put in someone else who has not purchased a membership and pays dues. I’m sure you know CL on points iS not an easy reservation to get.
i would move to the Poly, CC (I have a waitlist for CC anyway), Boardwalk view BWV, or BCV. If they ONLY had Kidani then it would have to be Savannah view 1br near transportation. Those hallways are LONG!

Hopefully no changes to my room that I booked last October.

You've been through a LOT. I understand why you're feeling down. Right now you have one job: heal.
Take it day by day, get better.

If our reservations hold you and I will be at AKV club level together! Fingers, eyes, toes and nose crossed. ... uh, no, not nose.
I hope we can say Hi!

I am really looking forward to seeing you in Sept! I have most everything crossed and humorously I have a hidden Mickey in the multiple IV bruises on my one arm. Every time I open my eyes, I see it and it reminds me of why I need to get stronger! LOL!

I emailed Disney to ask about my 1 bed DVC CL at AKL for Dec. Their reply was that it was still secure but that Covid 19 could have an impact on the reservation and if so then they would email me.
Covid 19 impact and not NBA impact would not be unreasonable. Like if they were not able to provide CL lounge, food, drinks etc. But not if they are using the resort to house NBA or any other sports team. I think basketball is over in October though.

I'm booked at AKL CL for November, and so far my reservation still shows that. Maybe keep an eye on it, but I'm hoping we should be good to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter