Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Thank you! The Contemporary is the one hotel that we're still trying to find for that thread.

The on/off switch is in an odd place, on the base leg, R side.

I adore that lamp, so Jetsons!

I loved that lamp, so Jetsons!

I believe the on off was maybe on the cord? It took me awhile to find it, but I remember it being near the lamp, not closer to the outlet. We were there in December, and my memory has already faded, lol!

I

Screenshot_20230206_223023_Samsung Internet~2.jpg

Last edited:
We are staying at the CR in the Garden Wing for the first time. Now I am wondering if we should stay in the Tower? Are the tower rooms better? The Incredibles theming isn't a factor for us. There will be 5 adults in one room. We don't mind the extra walking to our room for the Garden Wing. Normally the GF or WL are our go to resorts but trying something different.

We are staying at the CR in the Garden Wing for the first time. Now I am wondering if we should stay in the Tower? Are the tower rooms better? The Incredibles theming isn't a factor for us. There will be 5 adults in one room. We don't mind the extra walking to our room for the Garden Wing. Normally the GF or WL are our go to resorts but trying something different.
The rooms are almost identical. The bathroom in the wing is slightly smaller so those have a shower only.

The biggest difference is if you want a balcony. GW rooms 1st floor have a shared patio . 2nd and 3rd floors do not have an outdoor space. The door does open for a breeze if needed.

The tower all have balconies and all have good views.

I have done both. If you don’t care about a balcony save your $.

The rooms are almost identical. The bathroom in the wing is slightly smaller so those have a shower only.

The biggest difference is if you want a balcony. GW rooms 1st floor have a shared patio . 2nd and 3rd floors do not have an outdoor space. The door does open for a breeze if needed.

The tower all have balconies and all have good views.

I have done both. If you don’t care about a balcony save your $.
Thank you! We do like to sit outside so I have requested a first floor room.

We stayed in the garden wing last summer and really enjoyed it. Nice and quiet! And the walk to the main building for food/drinks/the observation deck took no time even with little legs making the trek. The walk to the main building was actually really peaceful at night.

We’ve stayed in the garden wing twice & really like it. I love the MK view from the tower, but don’t always want to spend that much. And as PP said, we find the garden wing peaceful & the garden views we’ve had have been beautiful. I also really enjoyed not having to deal with the elevators, especially at busy times.

We also enjoy the Garden Wing (I think weve stayed 3x?) We didn't like facing the pool as much (loud) but loved facing the water, 1st floor. That was amazing at night and in the morning just to sit and chill. Very peaceful. Another time we were facing the parking lot and the monorail/tower; we enjoyed that too.

That being said, we didn't want to pay the tower prices, so haven't stayed there yet to compare : )

I’m so glad I found this thread. I booked a Garden Wing room for this December 10 - 16. I’m taking my daughter for her 21st birthday. I’ve been nervous about staying in the GW section since I’ve seen several bad reviews about it recently. It’s our first time staying at the CR. The tower costs more than I want to spend (especially at Christmas time). The fact that it’s quieter than the tower is a big bonus in my opinion 😁
Thanks for making me feel better about our upcoming visit!

I’m so glad I found this thread. I booked a Garden Wing room for this December 10 - 16. I’m taking my daughter for her 21st birthday. I’ve been nervous about staying in the GW section since I’ve seen several bad reviews about it recently. It’s our first time staying at the CR. The tower costs more than I want to spend (especially at Christmas time). The fact that it’s quieter than the tower is a big bonus in my opinion 😁
Thanks for making me feel better about our upcoming visit!
We’ve only stayed at CR once and it was in a GW room.
Loved loved loved it! I think the rooms are the same as in the Tower, but quieter.
You do have to walk farther to get to the restaurants and shops in the tower, but it’s not really that big of a deal.

I’d stay in a GW room again any day… Have a great time!

Staying in Bay Lake Tower in May, can't wait 😄

Are there really only a few options available at Contempo Cafe?? Maybe it's because I stayed at POFQ last trip and it had a food court, but it seems a bit limited.

Are there really only a few options available at Contempo Cafe?? Maybe it's because I stayed at POFQ last trip and it had a food court, but it seems a bit limited.
Unfortunately the menu has really been chopped down since COVID. You can also mobile order breakfast from steakhouse 71. They have a bigger breakfast menu with omelettes and things. You can also mobile order steakhouse 71 for lunch and dinner as well. Sometimes Contempo has a special or seasonal item that doesn’t show up on MDE, but is advertised in the actual restaurant. They currently have two special sandwich entrees and they had a special baked Mac n’ cheese recently. The BVG gift shop has an extra dessert case that has some things like fudge and caramel apples and other baked goods that are similar to the confectionary on Main Street.

@jemtx said it perfectly! Contemporary and Bay Lake suffer from what may be the biggest negative to Disney Deluxe hotels. They are great hotels where you actually want to spend time, but the quick service food is always so limited at all of them. I would add there is a pool bar/restaurant at the Conntemporary main pool, but the menu there is super limited. I do think this place is temporarily closed while the pool is being refurbished, not sure when that refurbishment is over. But this place has Hot Dogs, Nachos, and I think maybe burgers if I remember correctly.

@jemtx said it perfectly! Contemporary and Bay Lake suffer from what may be the biggest negative to Disney Deluxe hotels. They are great hotels where you actually want to spend time, but the quick service food is always so limited at all of them. I would add there is a pool bar/restaurant at the Conntemporary main pool, but the menu there is super limited. I do think this place is temporarily closed while the pool is being refurbished, not sure when that refurbishment is over. But this place has Hot Dogs, Nachos, and I think maybe burgers if I remember correctly.
Yes! I completely forgot about the Sand Bar. It does have only about 3-4 items on menu (nachos, burgers, hot dogs, snacks & ice cream), but it is quick and tasty. I think sitting out there by the lake is really nice. It’s peaceful & never crowded. Since BLT is DVC, the fantasia market in 4th floor has a bunch of grocery items—pop tarts, cereal, snacks, chips, some frozen items, etc.

Before we purchased our DVC membership, we often stayed in one of the CR wings (there were two, pre-BLT) because it was less expensive. It is quieter in the wings and the rooms are very spacious (and virtually identical to the tower rooms). I didn’t stay in a tower room until a few years ago. I enjoyed it, but the difference in price is a good reason to chose the wing room. The CR often has a loud, bustling atmosphere and staying in the quieter wing is a nice way to relax and unwind, especially after a long day at a theme park.

Sand Bar used to have an awesome quesadilla on the menu years ago, but for whatever reason it disappeared.

The severe lack of options at Contempo and Sand Bar bug me to no end. It’s like they slashed things at reopening never to return. Contempo used to be pretty solid overall, IMHO.

Someday they will build a Geyser Point-esque real waterfront dining option and all will be right in the world.

Sand Bar used to have an awesome quesadilla on the menu years ago, but for whatever reason it disappeared.

The severe lack of options at Contempo and Sand Bar bug me to no end. It’s like they slashed things at reopening never to return. Contempo used to be pretty solid overall, IMHO.

Someday they will build a Geyser Point-esque real waterfront dining option and all will be right in the world.

Totally agree with you about contempo’s menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter