Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Staying at GF for the first time in early April. I have a resort view room. Any advice on what to request? We were hoping to either be close to the main pool or main lobby.
Also, when do the Easter eggs and decor usually leave GF?

Staying at GF for the first time in early April. I have a resort view room. Any advice on what to request? We were hoping to either be close to the main pool or main lobby.
Also, when do the Easter eggs and decor usually leave GF?SL would fill your needs but Conch and BC are not far away compared to values and mods.
SL is best for what you want but the resort is pretty compact so not a big concern.
I always study maps before my trips, this should help. IMG_0690.png

Some more questions - my apologies! 1) Which buildings offer fifth sleepers for resort view rooms? I’m seeing mixed info I guess bc of the new refurbs.
2) Is it possible to take the boat to WL for dining reservation? And is this the best way to go?
3) Are we able to use the Polynesian pool at all? I assume no but thought it might be fun to walk over and resort hop if allowed.

Some more questions - my apologies! 1) Which buildings offer fifth sleepers for resort view rooms? I’m seeing mixed info I guess bc of the new refurbs.
2) Is it possible to take the boat to WL for dining reservation? And is this the best way to go?
3) Are we able to use the Polynesian pool at all? I assume no but thought it might be fun to walk over and resort hop if allowed.
1: All 2 queen bed rooms offer the day bed sofa. They are located in every outer building. You may see mixed information on Sugarloaf room categories because it was previously the outer building with club level service, but that did not return since the closures in 2020.

2: No. There is no direct boat to WL from GF. You have multiple options. The most common would be going to MK and transferring to WL. You can boat, monorail, or walk to MK. From MK you can take a separate boat or bus to WL.

If it were me and I wanted to utilize WDW transportation I would personally monorail to Contemporary Resort and skip MK altogether. You can then take the small "blue flag" boat between CR/WL/FW now that it has returned, but that doesn't run all day (I believe it runs 3pm - 10:45pm).

You can also get a rideshare. It's not that far and won't cost that much.

3: No, you are not allowed to pool hop to any resort. Pools are for exclusive use of the resort guests staying at that specific resort. You can't even walk to Poly right now from GF (or vice versa) because of the Poly DVC Tower construction. The path is closed and you would be forced to walk the side of an active roadway.

1: All 2 queen bed rooms offer the day bed sofa. They are located in every outer building. You may see mixed information on Sugarloaf room categories because it was previously the outer building with club level service, but that did not return since the closures in 2020.

2: No. There is no direct boat to WL from GF. You have multiple options. The most common would be going to MK and transferring to WL. You can boat, monorail, or walk to MK. From MK you can take a separate boat or bus to WL.

If it were me and I wanted to utilize WDW transportation I would personally monorail to Contemporary Resort and skip MK altogether. You can then take the small "blue flag" boat between CR/WL/FW now that it has returned, but that doesn't run all day (I believe it runs 3pm - 10:45pm).

You can also get a rideshare. It's not that far and won't cost that much.

3: No, you are not allowed to pool hop to any resort. Pools are for exclusive use of the resort guests staying at that specific resort. You can't even walk to Poly right now from GF (or vice versa) because of the Poly DVC Tower construction. The path is closed and you would be forced to walk the side of an active roadway.
Thanks so much! This was super helpful! Hoping to not have to ask any more questions but may be back as I plan more.

@PolyRob answered your questions but I have something to add here.

I stay at gf or poly often and visit both because they are so close.

From gf currently boat to poly is quick and the mono back. You can’t swim there but you can get a dole whip and sit on the beach. Sometimes we just like to get off the mono from MK and grab dinner there at CC’s or get Kona to go by ordering in the app.

On the poly thread in the last week or two I showed a picture where non poly guests could buy alcohol. You can get dole whip with rum 👍
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...tion-questions.3844688/page-174#post-65349090

I'm sure the pros will correct me otherwise, but seems like some fixed/improved exterior building lighting with whatever recent work they've been doing on the DVC building? Could be revisionist memory but first time I remember all of the roofline lights working in a bit.

IMG_8386 (1).jpeg

IMG_8270.jpeg

I'm sure the pros will correct me otherwise, but seems like some fixed/improved exterior building lighting with whatever recent work they've been doing on the DVC building? Could be revisionist memory but first time I remember all of the roofline lights working in a bit.

View attachment 842278

View attachment 842280
Wow, it sure looks that way! I took the below photo back in November, actually thinking I might email Member Satisfaction and tell them I hoped they'd repair the missing lights as part of the refurbishment (I never sent the email though; just remembered about it now!) I love the lights; they really add to the nighttime atmosphere there.
1710609916002.jpeg

Wow, it sure looks that way! I took the below photo back in November, actually thinking I might email Member Satisfaction and tell them I hoped they'd repair the missing lights as part of the refurbishment (I never sent the email though; just remembered about it now!) I love the lights; they really add to the nighttime atmosphere there.
View attachment 842363

Interesting, thanks! I had in my head that I had the same observation as you on past trips but wasn’t totally sure. It looked like the lights had also been replaced on the pool bar and Summerhouse buildings, plus Narcoossee’s with the recent work there.

Just got to GF - I recall someone asking upthread about the royal palm club schedule and they have done away with afternoon tea, instead it’s “refreshments” from 11:30 to 4. We are in the Victorian suite in the main building. It’s quite nice and the views are awesome, but the theming is basically nonexistent vs the pre renovation Mary Poppins theme I had seen in prior photos and videos. More pics and video to come on that. No visible construction impacts on our stay thus far.

Just got to GF - I recall someone asking upthread about the royal palm club schedule and they have done away with afternoon tea, instead it’s “refreshments” from 11:30 to 4. We are in the Victorian suite in the main building. It’s quite nice and the views are awesome, but the theming is basically nonexistent vs the pre renovation Mary Poppins theme I had seen in prior photos and videos. More pics and video to come on that. No visible construction impacts on our stay thus far.
Thank you for this update, I hope you have the most magical trip (in the Victorian Suite, no less)!

Yes, that was me, thank you so much! I look very forward to seeing any pics and videos! As well as any info on some of the CL food they are currently offering. Thanks!

Here’s a video tour of the Victorian Suite:

The suite is huge, and beautiful, so I almost feel bad saying anything negative about it. But there were a few small issues that could have been even better given this price point.

Perhaps given the recency of the renovations, it was a little like moving into a brand new house where the punch list isn’t finished yet. There wasn’t a rack for hangers or any shelves in the front closet, so it was basically only useful for piling suitcases in. Also no shelves in the large cabinet under the living room TV. The bathroom lacked the retractable clothesline for hanging wet things that most of the regular rooms have.

The balcony doors include three sets of double doors with handles instead of sliding glass doors. One side of each door doesn’t have a lock, and the weatherstripping on one of our doors was peeling off at the top. This wasn’t really an issue until our second to last night when a big rain and wind storm picked up. We had trouble keeping one of the doors closed and there was a loud sound of wind whistling through another door. We barricaded one of the doors with a suitcase and my husband stuffed tissues into the little gap in another, but I feel like this room would benefit from having either more tightly latching doors or sliding doors.

All in all, though, we had a wonderful time in this beautiful large room with great views!

Yes, that was me, thank you so much! I look very forward to seeing any pics and videos! As well as any info on some of the CL food they are currently offering. Thanks!
Regarding the CL food, here’s some of the highlights:
Grand Beginnings: Consistently featured one egg based dish (frittata, scrambled eggs, egg bites, or the like), bacon, sausage, a plant based option (often plant based sausage), oatmeal with toppings, a warm sweet option (sticky buns, Mickey waffles), charcuterie, and bread options like toast, muffins, and croissants. Fruit options usually included melon and various berries, with apples, oranges and bananas available to grab all day. There’s a fridge with yogurts and milk. Hard boiled eggs and cereal are also available. They had what appeared to be a fairly new and elaborate Nespresso machine that both guests and CMs consistently struggled to operate (I just went for the brewed coffee).

We were usually out and about for the 11:30-4 offerings. I was once dragged past at high speed on the way to the pool while this offering was out and spotted some sandwiches.

In the evenings (5-7 pm) there were usually two kid-friendly hot options such as Mac and cheese and chicken tenders or pasta with marinara sauce and meatballs, some more upscale grownup options such as grilled shrimp or chicken and vegetables, various breads, charcuterie, and cold options like chicken salad. There was a bar setup with several kids of red and white wine, sparkling wine, and beer available (these options are also always available whenever the lounge is open by talking to a CM).

I was usually pretty groggy coming back from fireworks or the parks by the time dessert rolled around (8-10 pm) but they had cookies, small cupcakes, and brownies every night. At the bar was a display of after dinner drinks to pour yourself.

We were super happy with the CL offerings!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter