Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

clkelley said:
I'm not sure that statement is totally true. (Unless they have changed/more strictly enforce policy). Back in 98, I was staying at an offsite hotel on International Drive using the hotel transportation and Mears.

(Hey it, was a free trip, beggars can't be choosy) :goodvibes

I soon discovered that I would not be able to go to the parks on my departure day and get back to my hotel for Mears to the airport without taking an expensive cab back to my hotel. So, I arranged my Mears to the airport from the Contemporary. I took the hotel shuttle to the Magic Kingdom and took my roller bag and bookbag with me. My roller bag was too big for the lockers, but they stored it in a room and gave me a claim check for it. They charged the same price as a large locker without the key deposit. When I left for the day, I picked up my bag, and took the monorail to the Contemporary, and caught Mears to the airport.
However, to the original poster, let the RAC desk and bell services handle your luggage on your last day!! Don't take it to the parks!! When staying at a Disney resort, that's the best way!!!!
Thanks guys I am staying at the Wilderness Lodge so I think i can check my luggage in when i check out of the hotel that morning to head over to the park and if i understand you correctly i can leave my carryon bag with the bellhop and then pick it up when i get ready to leave after some time in the park. just dont want to put everything that gets bought down there in the checked luggage would rather keep it with me, course i could ship it too but thats more of a hassel to do thanks for the tips

Dear all,

I have just finished our Disney's trip. Eventhough we've never recieved any of the DME package but everything went fine.

Thank you for all your help, especially goofy4tink.

fqmm1974 said:
Dear all,

I have just finished our Disney's trip. Eventhough we've never recieved any of the DME package but everything went fine.

Thank you for all your help, especially goofy4tink.

Happy to hear all went well...thanks for checking in and telling us!!!

I have a question...hoping someone can answer it.

We are flying Jet Blue out of Boston in a few weeks and have ME luggage tags, but we are not taking the ME bus and have opted to rent a car for our stay, so....can I still use the ME luggage service without using the bus?

I know I can check in our luggage at the hotel for our return trip..but confused about the way down. :confused3

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Pooh's Pal said:
I have a question...hoping someone can answer it.

We are flying Jet Blue out of Boston in a few weeks and have ME luggage tags, but we are not taking the ME bus and have opted to rent a car for our stay, so....can I still use the ME luggage service without using the bus?

I know I can check in our luggage at the hotel for our return trip..but confused about the way down. :confused3

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
No, for the trip from MCO to the resort, you can't use DME as a luggage-only service. At least one person from your party must ride the DME bus in order for your luggage to be delivered by DME.

Thanks....that's what I thought, but just wanted to make sure! Rental car it is!

Hello everyone!! I have received our luggage tags and packet information in the mail for our trip in January. Everything on the tags is correct, but inside the packet that they send it says, No Flight Information. I made my DME reservation online and I did put in my flight info, so I'm not sure if this really matters or not. Also, we are getting in late so I dont' plan on using the DME tags anyway, we are just going to get our luggage ourselves, but I realize we still need a DME reservation if we want to use Disney's transportation. Do you think the info in the packet is important? Thanks for your help in advance!

Don't worry about the flight information. Just give it to them when you check in at the Welcome Center at the airport. You have a booklet, which means you HAVE a reservation. That's all you need! :)

What do you do if your flight has changed??
Our flight times have changed (3 times with Delta) then we decided to switch over and fly Jet Blue non-stop and we'll be arriving 2 hours earlier than originally booked...does that matter to ME?...should we call them, or is there somewhere we can do it on-line?? Like sooooon????? or just wing it once we get to MCO? We do have the booklet and the yellow luggage tags.

Most likely you'll be fine with the changes. You could call them today just to get JB in their system, but I wouldn't worry too much since you'll have the yellow tags and the resort hasn't changed.

When is the lastest that you can add DME? We may fly down Dec. 27th if AirTran has a special.
Thanks for any information.

As for the misspelled name, it doesn't matter for DME, but if it does for you, by all means just use the marker to correct it. Just do not obstruct the barcodes.
Could someone please confirm this again? Our tags all have the same name on them (presumably what was supposed to be the name the room is registered in, i.e., my name), plus the passenger's name. Well, my name is no where to be found; instead they created a name out of one of my guest's first name and my last name. Each of the other three people in my party, at least, have tags that have their name on them (plus this made-up name), but I have tags that have this made-up name on them, twice.

What should I do? Just fix them manually?

The advice you quoted still stands. Just don't obstruct the bar code :)

When you check in at the Welcome Center, they can correct it in the computer.

OK, possibly a dumb question...but since I've read on this thread that the DME reservation is linked to your room reservation and not your flight, can you book DME before you book your flight?

I guess, technically, you could. They do ask for flight info when you book, but you could always give them the info for a flight arriving/departing at about the times you 'think' you'll need DME. Then, you can call them back with the info when you book. I just can't imagine a situation where you would need to book DME before you booked your flights. As long as you give them a month's notice, they can get you what you need. And even if you booked air the week before you traveled, you could still use it but you wouldn't have the yellow luggage tags in time. But...that could be your issue...so, you could give them 'flight info' now, they send you luggage tags based on the info you gave them. You have the tags to use..not an issue if the 'arrival' time isn't correct, as long as your resort info is right, your bags will get to your resort.

Well, now that I've had a conversation with myself...hope that gives you the info you want!!

Thanks Goofy4tink! I'll just wait then. We're usually big on renting a car, but we're just back from a great trip and DS is loving the busses so we used our rental just to and from the airport...so we decided to give DME a shot next trip, so I guess I'm just all jazzed up to book it :)

It is pretty-much meaningless to book DME until you have flight information -- you don't have an effective booking, really, until flight information is on-file.

I've been looking for this question and haven't seen it so here it goes.

For our October trip we are meeting in Disneyworld for a get-together reunion type deal. All three of us are staying in the same room under my name, but are orginating from different airports and taking different flights. Should each of us make different DME reservations (with the link being the resort confirmation number) and have them mail the packet to each of our homes, or are all the vouchers going to be sent to me and then I need to mail the tags to them before they we all leave for our trip? Any insight would be helpful. TIA

The packet will come to your address and you will have to distribute the vouchers and yellow tags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter