Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

I have just received my travel documents from my AAA ofice. I have the DME tags to put on luggage. Now, these are long yellow tags. Is this actually 2 tags per person? The AAA office said not to cut in half. But they ARE 2 tags, right??
We are going SW both ways...:confused3

Each tag is about 2 inches wide and 16 inches long. Do not cut them in half. If you need more tags, call DME directly.

I have just received my travel documents from my AAA ofice. I have the DME tags to put on luggage. Now, these are long yellow tags. Is this actually 2 tags per person? The AAA office said not to cut in half. But they ARE 2 tags, right??
We are going SW both ways...:confused3
When most airlines started charging for a second checked bag (prior to charging for the first one as well!!), DME decided that it was a waste of materials to make two tags per guest...so, they started sending out just the one. Yes, each tag is over 12'' long...they should have a square area, at both ends, that has a removable piece of paper. You remove these two squares, then place the tag through the luggage handle and press the two ends together. The tag is supposed to move freely. If the tag is cut in half, making two tags, the tag won't move freely. It also won't have the proper 'stickiness'..and you risk having it tear off!!!
As already noted, if you need more, just call DME and they will get more sent out. Or, probably call your AAA office and have them call and order more.

We are going SW both ways...

You need the yellow tags for your arrival flight only so they are routed at MCO for delivery.

You don't need yellow tags for your return trip home. You should remove the yellow tags once you arrive at WDW.

You need the yellow tags for your arrival flight only so they are routed at MCO for delivery.

You don't need yellow tags for your return trip home. You should remove the yellow tags once you arrive at WDW.
My all time favorite sight??? Standing in the DME bus line, waiting for our bus to arrive, watching other guests hurrying to put those yellow DME luggage tags on their carryon bags and strollers...in the bus line. I tried telling one family that they didn't need to do that. I was told that I obviously had no idea how DME works!! No longer say anything to anyone.:thumbsup2

My all time favorite sight??? Standing in the DME bus line, waiting for our bus to arrive, watching other guests hurrying to put those yellow DME luggage tags on their carryon bags and strollers...in the bus line. I tried telling one family that they didn't need to do that. I was told that I obviously had no idea how DME works!! No longer say anything to anyone.:thumbsup2

I assume then that they thought that the tags would get their bags delivered to their rooms from the DME bus, so I would've loved to see the looks on their faces when they found out they'd have to carry their bags themselves! :lmao: (Yeah, I'm mean. ;))

On the yellow tag it says to seperate them at the perforated line. Giving you two tags per person? We are only taking 1 bag each so i just took off the sticky ends and put those together...

I have a question. Our flight arrives at 9:50pm and I read that ME stops taking bags at 10pm. So I am assuming that we should just collect out own luggage before we head to the buses. Right?
Thanks for any help. We usually come in early in the morning but this is the first time we are arriving at night. Again thanks for any help.

On the yellow tag it says to seperate them at the perforated line. Giving you two tags per person? We are only taking 1 bag each so i just took off the sticky ends and put those together...

It says that because the tags used to come with 2 tags attached to each other. They now come per-separated. You have one tag per person.

I have a question. Our flight arrives at 9:50pm and I read that ME stops taking bags at 10pm. So I am assuming that we should just collect out own luggage before we head to the buses. Right?
Thanks for any help. We usually come in early in the morning but this is the first time we are arriving at night. Again thanks for any help.

I think you are right that you should collect your own bags. Even if you catch delivery, you will either get your bags really late or maybe even the next day? I would want the get my own bags at that time of night.

We have rented a car since we plan to travel to Sea World during our trip and we got a great rate for the week. We also like the flexibility of a car while we are there, even though we love Disney transportation. I have my DME tags and I thought I read where I can use DME to deliver my bags to the resort, even if I do not take DME myself? We have an appointment at the barsbershop on our arrival day. I think we will be pressed for time. Can I use DME to deliver my luggage? We don't need the bags until later that night anyway. Thanks!

We have rented a car since we plan to travel to Sea World during our trip and we got a great rate for the week. We also like the flexibility of a car while we are there, even though we love Disney transportation. I have my DME tags and I thought I read where I can use DME to deliver my bags to the resort, even if I do not take DME myself? We have an appointment at the barsbershop on our arrival day. I think we will be pressed for time. Can I use DME to deliver my luggage? We don't need the bags until later that night anyway. Thanks!

Check this sticky:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2015788

I'll admit that I have not read this entire thread. This will be my first trip using DME. My room reservation is for myself, DH and our infant son. Will we be issued three luggage tags for DME? We are flying on Southwest so I don't have to worry about luggage fees.

I'll admit that I have not read this entire thread. This will be my first trip using DME. My room reservation is for myself, DH and our infant son. Will we be issued three luggage tags for DME? We are flying on Southwest so I don't have to worry about luggage fees.

Yes, I would expect three luggage tags to be sent to you. You can call to request more tags if needed.

Luggage tags are based on your reservation...so there will be a yellow tag (and voucher) for each person listed on the reservation.

If my flight lands at 10:55pm, is it possible to use the yellow tags and have my luggage delivered the next day? Obviously, I would have stuff with me that I would need that night.

If my flight lands at 10:55pm, is it possible to use the yellow tags and have my luggage delivered the next day? Obviously, I would have stuff with me that I would need that night.
That's pretty much what will happen. But, a word to the wise...those tagged bags won't be pulled before heading to the baggage carousel area. So, your tagged bags will be going around and around, out there for all to see, until they are finally pulled as 'unclaimed'. The next morning, DME people go and grab all that unclaimed stuff and then disburse it.
If it were me?? I wouldn't tag it and then go to baggage claim and get it, rather than let it be out there for all to see and have access to.

That's pretty much what will happen. But, a word to the wise...those tagged bags won't be pulled before heading to the baggage carousel area. So, your tagged bags will be going around and around, out there for all to see, until they are finally pulled as 'unclaimed'. The next morning, DME people go and grab all that unclaimed stuff and then disburse it.
If it were me?? I wouldn't tag it and then go to baggage claim and get it, rather than let it be out there for all to see and have access to.

Excellent piece of info about what happens late -- I wasn't sure if they still pulled yellow tag bags after hours or not. I knew they would not be delivered late.

So sarabear as the bags will go to the carousel rather than staying behind the scenes, my opinion is I would definitely would pick them up myself and take them to the DME bus.

Excellent piece of info about what happens late -- I wasn't sure if they still pulled yellow tag bags after hours or not. I knew they would not be delivered late.

So sarabear as the bags will go to the carousel rather than staying behind the scenes, my opinion is I would definitely would pick them up myself and take them to the DME bus.
To the best of my knowledge, that's what happens. That's what I've been told, on numerous occasions. I haven't been back there, so can't vouch for the practice 100%. It could very possibly be that the tagged bags do get pulled but stay there, behind the scenes, until the next morning. But, since I've been told that they are sent out with all the other bags, that's what I base my answers on. I wouldn't tag the bags and then want them out in the public area...so I would just leave them untagged and get them myself if I arrived after 10pm.

We are only taking ME home. I know we won't get luggage tags, but won't we still get the ME booklet? How soon before our trip should I expect it?

We are only taking ME home. I know we won't get luggage tags, but won't we still get the ME booklet? How soon before our trip should I expect it?
Yes, you should still get the booklet. It should arrive a few weeks prior to your travel date. If it doesn't, it's still fine. You will get a notice in your room the day before you are due to checkout. You can use this as your confirmation to ride the bus back to MCO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter