Disney's Magical Express Update -- Reservations Required effective 11/1/05

mysharonna said:
hi - I would love to try the magical express, but I thought I read this is for participating airlines, I'm using allegiant air, can I still use Disney's magical express? Thank you.

You can use DME with any airline but DME only services MCO and allegiant air flies into Sanford.

zackrspv said:
Hello.

As we got short notice of our vacation time ... How do i let DME know? It most definatly isn't 10 days in advance!?
Don't resign before you start playing the game, call ME on the phone ASAP and see what happens.

At least get the name of the person you talked to. It is possible you might not get the vouchers and tags in the mail before you have to head for the airport.

We have a trip planned for mid January. We currently have only 3 people in a 2 bedroom at BCV. We're using points. We are planning on having additional guests come along. Should we wait until we know exactly who's coming with us before calling MS and arranging for ME? Or, should I go ahead and get the 3 of us booked and add the others later?

Thanks in advance!

Believe it or not I would book everybody now (30-45 days in advance) and not delete those who decide not to come until after all of the baggage tags and instructions arrive with correct information.

Based on historical hearsay, every time you call, there is a chance things can get screwed up. So it is best to call only if needed to benefit you. But you have the materials in hand, you can get on Magical Express even if the information in the computers is wrong.

seashoreCM said:
Believe it or not I would book everybody now (30-45 days in advance) and not delete those who decide not to come until after all of the baggage tags and instructions arrive with correct information.

What information is needed? All the names of the people in your group? or just one persons name that the reservation would be under and a number of guests? Also who makes the reservation my TA or do I do it myself? :confused3

I'm stumped about how to make reservations for Magical Express. We are booked into BWV on an exchange through Interval International. I am not a DVC member. Do I call the member services number to make ME reservations? (and if so what is that number?) I tried the 407-W-DISNEY number & she said I have to use member services. I tried calling the resort and they were no help.
Is there anyone out there who has used ME that didn't book a package or is not a DVC member that can tell me "who to call"?
This is our first trip to WDW and I'm hoping we can use the ME.
Thanks for any help,
Julie

Well, we goofed. I did submit for the DME but somehow our e mail did not get through to anyone. We were worried about our luggage tags. We finally called our travel agent. Our travel agent kindly put our name on the list for our date of arrival and departure. DME will take us to our resort, but, we must get our own luggage which is no big deal. We were happy that we are making the connection once we land at Orlando. We are staying at the POP and we are hoping that it is good there. We will see. :confused3

When does ME pick you back up for your flight home? How many hours early do you have to be back at the resort you're staying at?

teentoddlermom said:
When does ME pick you back up for your flight home? How many hours early do you have to be back at the resort you're staying at?

They are supposed to pick you up approx 3 hrs before the flight home. To give enough time to stop and pick up whatever other guests they have to get, and to get you there, and through security in time.

I've tried asking this elsewhere but get no answer so......I have DME booked for 11/30. In fact I would imagine my packet should arrive any day now. But, I have had to change my arrival day to 11/29 and won't need the ride to BWV now. My ds is meeting me at the airport to pick up his cat (which I am bringing with me on the plane!!) and then dropping me off at BWV on his way back to Tampa/Clearwater. But, I do need the ride back to the airport. Should I call MS (I booked through them, even though I leave from Pop) or just leave it be and not show up?? I don't want to get to the return bus on 12/5 and find I can't get on!!!

I did call MS to see what I should do about being able to take the bus back to MCO even if I didn't take it to my resort. No problem at all. Of course the issue was that they had the wrong resort to leave from!!
So, I got my packet today, for Nov 30 travel. Just under 3 weeks before....for those of you who are curious!!

And the thing I found to be interesting is that JetBlue still isn't listed in the packet as a 'participating' airline. I know it is, but wonder why they haven't included it yet.

Ok, this might have been asked before, but I can't seem to find the answer.

I booked a room only with Magical Express through a TA. There are 4 of us and we are leaving Nov. 19th. She just gave me the booklet with the info yesterday. When I looked through it last night, I noticed that I only have 4 luggage tags (all with my name on it), only 1 transporation voucher (again for me) and no flight information. (You have to wonder if my TA even looked at it, but that's another story. :confused3 ) Anyways, I called the ME number and told them the situation. According to their records, I was a party of one. When they looked up our hotel, they saw we are a party of 4. Anyways, my question is this. Has anyone traveled with no luggage tags or vouchers? She said we have to see the Disney Rep. when we land at the Orlando airport and give them our airline luggage claim numbers and that they will gather the luggage for delivery. Also, they will print out transportation vouchers for the rest of the party. They said that because we are within 10 days of travel, they can't send us the tags/vouchers. I'm truly worried about this.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I'm taking a town car... do you think ME will still take my luggage. I feel snooty asking, but that would be rad if I could just get dropped off straight at the park and not have to worry about my bags. On the same note I wonder if I could still leave my bags with ME on the way home and get my boarding pass from guest services and just have my car pick me up at the park. (I'm trying to maximize park time however I can!!)

I'm gonna call and ask. I'll post back in case anyone else is wondering.

ImagineerVelasco said:
I'm taking a town car... do you think ME will still take my luggage. I feel snooty asking, but that would be rad if I could just get dropped off straight at the park and not have to worry about my bags. On the same note I wonder if I could still leave my bags with ME on the way home and get my boarding pass from guest services and just have my car pick me up at the park. (I'm trying to maximize park time however I can!!)

I'm gonna call and ask. I'll post back in case anyone else is wondering.

To your first question - no you can't use ME as a luggage transfer service to your resort. You must get on the ME bus or your luggage won't leave the airport.

To your second question - IF YOUR AIRLINE PARTICIPATES, you can check your bags at the airline checkin desk at the resort, get your boarding passes at the same desk. You can then have the car pick you up anywhere you want. This can be done whether or not you have signed up for ME or not.

Ed

I have heard that it is taking up to 7 hours to receive your luggage in your room when you use DME. Can anyone confirm this? I would really like to use DME, but would like my luggage at least 3 hours after I arrive.

TONI

I would think you could just not use your luggage tags for ME and pick up your luggage yourself and put it on the ME bus! :confused3

barndweller said:
I'm stumped about how to make reservations for Magical Express. We are booked into BWV on an exchange through Interval International. I am not a DVC member. Do I call the member services number to make ME reservations? (and if so what is that number?) I tried the 407-W-DISNEY number & she said I have to use member services. I tried calling the resort and they were no help.
Is there anyone out there who has used ME that didn't book a package or is not a DVC member that can tell me "who to call"?
This is our first trip to WDW and I'm hoping we can use the ME.
Thanks for any help,
Julie

I'm late on this, so you may have already figured this out. I rented points for our January vacation. I am not a DVC member, and I did call member services witho ur confirmation number. They had no problems booking ME for us. Of course, now our flights were cancelled, and I have to call again, but I simply explained the situation, and they were very pleasant. There were also some errors on the reseveration that they corrected at the time.

goofy4tink said:
I've tried asking this elsewhere but get no answer so......I have DME booked for 11/30. But, I have had to change my arrival day to 11/29 and won't need the ride to BWV now. . But, I do need the ride back to the airport. Should I call MS (I booked through them, even though I leave from Pop) or just leave it be and not show up?? I don't want to get to the return bus on 12/5 and find I can't get on!!!
You can cancel the Disney bound trip and keep (or change) the homebound Magical Express trip after you get to the resort.

Regardless of whether you are taking Magical Express one way or both ways you need to have a reservation and a bus time for the homebound trip. Often this is done when you arrive Disney bound at Orlando AIrport but this can also be done at your resort, at least a day before going home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter