• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Planes

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Who knew that based on the success of the Cars series Pixar would go on to create a spin-off movie called Disney's Planes and I saw previews of Disney's Planes and thought "this is gonna be the next project Disney and Pixar will focus on" Because seeing how Cars was a success Pixar and Disney decided to do the same thing with Planes. I got Disney's Planes because I am a HUGE fan of Cedric The Entertainer and noticed he provided the voice of Dusty Crophopper's best friend Leadbottom and he really was funny in the role of Leadbottom and I don't know why they got Dane Cook to provide Dusty Crophopper's voice but he sure had fun playing Dusty's voice. I think the Planes series could've continued after Planes Fire And Rescue because when I got to watch Planes I was impressed with the plotline and amazing messages of never giving up and reaching for your dreams and after I saw the movie I got myself a Dusty Crophopper plushie which I still have today. I think Disney should've done more with the Planes series like a cartoon series because this movie was very popular when it debuted and should be talked about more often
Did you ever watch Disney's Planes?

It wasn't specifically a Pixar production. It was made by Disneytoon Studios, which was mostly tasked with making direct to TV/video animation. The sequel (released the next year) was partially made in India, although the work was really good.

The introduction to Planes was a Pixar short from the Cars Toons series, which introduced Skipper and Sparky. There's a bit right at the end where they joke about making a movie about planes.

It may not have been that big in terms of box office, but it sold a lot of toys, where the Planes toys were almost as prominent as Cars at the Disney Store and at Walmart, Target, and Toys R Us.

I watched the first one once. It was okay - nothing special, but decent enough. I never did see the sequel.

I watched the first one once. It was okay - nothing special, but decent enough. I never did see the sequel.

The original had a lot of big names, or at least who would be big names. Julia Louis-Dryfus, Prianka Chopra (before she was well known to American audiences), and John Cleese. Also Anthony Edwards and Val Kilmer (before he lost his voice to cancer). The director also toured an aircraft carrier as preparation, and some of the dialogue was suggested by the sailors on the USS Carl Vinson.

Obviously they came up with a corny pun with the "USS Flysenhower".

Actor Stacy Keach did the voice of Skipper Riley in Disney's Planes too. I was surprised that Stacy Keach did voice overs for cartoons because he used to be known as an actor in crime dramas and hosted a show called Missing Reward in the 80's-90's. I also liked the girl planes Ishani and Rochelle because Ishani was tough and smart and Rochelle because she spoke French. But Cedric The Entertainer stole the show as Leadbottom and I have been a fan of Cedric since he replaced Meredith Veira on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and he did a funny job voicing Leadbottom and since I am a fan of Cedric The Entertainer and Leadbottom I got myself a Leadbottom plane too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter