Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested in one of the bungalows sometime down the road, and I tried to make a mock reservation to get an idea of price. The website came back that either there was no availability, or that my party was too small. Does anyone know what the minimum number of people for a bungalow reservation would be? I decided that after three tries I should find that out!

I used to see the Bungalows pop up as available for a cash reservation more often when they first opened than I have these days. I suspect as more points have been turned over to DVC over time and as they are getting closer to selling out, there's just less inventory left in Disney's hands to offer via a cash reservation.

But FWIW, rack rates for 2017 range from $2,272-$3,824 depending on the season!

I am interested in one of the bungalows sometime down the road, and I tried to make a mock reservation to get an idea of price. The website came back that either there was no availability, or that my party was too small. Does anyone know what the minimum number of people for a bungalow reservation would be? I decided that after three tries I should find that out!

Tikiman's' site has a price chart, but I think it's 2 years old. Maybe you can use that in conjunction with GADisneyDad's 2017 range above to get a rough idea.

Thanks everyone! That's significantly more than I was hoping for, so it looks like this would be something we would do when going with another family. Maybe.

Can someone tell me if the sliding doors are hard to open for a four year old? I'm getting a little nervous about my extremely adventurous little guy. Other than being super careful to keep it locked, any other safety tips?

I thought all pools were staying open until 11pm now?

Current Lava Pool hours are 10AM-11PM. These change seasonally and can definitely be as early as 9PM during certain parts of the year.

Current Oasis Pool hours are 7AM-11PM. I'm sure someone will come along to correct me on this but I feel these have been the hours for this pool consistently for awhile now.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me if the sliding doors are hard to open for a four year old? I'm getting a little nervous about my extremely adventurous little guy. Other than being super careful to keep it locked, any other safety tips?

There are two sliding door locks, one at handle height, one that is an adult height. I'm 6' and it's roughly around my head height. My kids aren't adventurous but I try to make it a habit to lock the upper one all the time 'just in case.'

So after a lot of back and forth, we decided on our Touring Plans room request.

Niue - West facing, 2nd floor - and they gave a room number range.

Then I put in the comments that if this isn't available our second choice would be Fiji, East facing (Marina) any floor!

We shall see! :)

So after a lot of back and forth, we decided on our Touring Plans room request.

Niue - West facing, 2nd floor - and they gave a room number range.

Then I put in the comments that if this isn't available our second choice would be Fiji, East facing (Marina) any floor!

We shall see! :)

I've been actively working on figuring out preferred room location for October, too. I was dead set on Fiji for the views, but then I imagined schlepping allllllllll the way across to the laundry area and decided maybe Rarotonga would be the way to go :rotfl:

First time staying here, watched the fireworks last night but no music. Is this normal for Polynesian to not play the music? Debating going to top of the world lounge tonight to hear the music.

For what it's worth, last October and November, the nightly fireworks were consistently AFTER the Volcano Pool closed (close at 9, fireworks nearer to 10 most nights).
Do you think the pool closed earlier because of the time of year? I've been there in July and August and the pool was open till 10:00 pm, but that was a few years ago.

That's awesome! Were you given a private table with white tablecloth and silverware? I saw a family sitting at a nicely prepared table last year being served and was curious what that was all about. Figured it was a VIP something.

So cool!
We were given a private table with a table cloth and silverware! We were also given a menu and they waited on us! It was so fun and magical!

Thanks for clarifying. I've read past reports of CMs checking bands inside the pool area, but maybe that was at the beginning when the gate was first installed as it seemed to be hit or miss that it worked ;).

They were checking all MB's in groups on July 4th at the volcano pool and issuing wristbands - they didn't do that at the Oasis pool though.

First time staying here, watched the fireworks last night but no music. Is this normal for Polynesian to not play the music? Debating going to top of the world lounge tonight to hear the music.

we found the music to be spotty - we actually could hear it really well if you stand on the path between the pool and the Hawaii building - by the little path that goes to the exit only door to the Hawaii building - and then the path to the pool/hottub - there was a speaker in the bushes (to your left if you are standing and facing MK) - we stood there to watch HEA on a few occasions - we could see 98% of the fireworks from there and hear all of the music. Once people saw us standing there, we were joined by others. A lightning strike had really messed up things in the sound system last week - they weren't even able to play music in the lounge for a few days.

We are going back to the Poly in late November and wondering if the pool will be heated?? My daughter missed swimming there last year.

Do you think the pool closed earlier because of the time of year? I've been there in July and August and the pool was open till 10:00 pm, but that was a few years ago.

Most likely. Obviously, everything is subject to change, but last October Volcano was 9-9, and Oasis was 7AM-11PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter