Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read in another thread that the oasis pool is saltwater, can anyone confirm this?

Yes, true. I don't technically know how you describe pools that use this system.... "salt water" is a bit of an overstatement because it's not like being in the ocean. But the water does have a saline taste to it. Love it BTW, so much easier on the eyes, skin, hair, etc.

I'm going the day after Labor Day so since it's gonna be so slow I'm thinking of requesting a Lagoon view and just seeing if I can get lucky. Think I have a shot? What's the most realistic view I can be looking at?

A Lagoon View is a bookable view category, did you book a Standard View? It's possible, but you aren't likely to be given a room in a better view category. I mean yes, it could happen, you get a little pixie dust, etc, but I'd manage expectations. If you request a room/view type that doesn't match what you booked, you may leave the room assignor in a position to not really know what to do with you.

Also FWIW, Poly tends to run pretty darn full nearly every day of the year. I just searched for 9/1-9/4 and it shows no availability in any view category. 8/31-9/4 only shows only standard view availability.

I don't mean to be Debbie downer here, sorry!

Hi everyone, we're (DH&I) just back from an amazing 4 day anniversary trip to the Poly. We stayed in Samoa third fl overlooking the Oasis pool. Mousekeeping was outstanding. Extra bath goodies every night. Very quiet except for occasional pool noise early in the morning. The crowd levels seemed on the low side but we didn't visit AK so maybe everyone was there! Rarotonga is still our favorite location, but I know Samoa is very popular and I can see why, the location was close to everything. Front desk staff was terrific. I received a fresh flower lei when we checked in and attentive service the whole visit. The Poly really is our happy place. We took a few pics. Room view, my lei and just a resort pic or two

Thanks for your review and pics. Glad you had a great time :goodvibes.

You are going to LOVE the Poly. :)

I agree! :thumbsup2

This may ruin me on moderates forever, though...

The deluxes have a way of doing that....lol. Our first onsite stay was at CBR and while we had an amazing time and loved everything about it, we tried a deluxe the following year and haven't stayed anything but deluxe since. The Poly is truly amazing, you are going to love it! Have a great trip :wizard:.

The deluxes have a way of doing that....lol. Our first onsite stay was at CBR and while we had an amazing time and loved everything about it, we tried a deluxe the following year and haven't stayed anything but deluxe since. The Poly is truly amazing, you are going to love it! Have a great trip :wizard:.

This was our family as well. Our first stay was at CBR and haven't stayed at a moderate (unless it was a one night transitional stay) since 1993. :rolleyes1

A Lagoon View is a bookable view category, did you book a Standard View? It's possible, but you aren't likely to be given a room in a better view category. I mean yes, it could happen, you get a little pixie dust, etc, but I'd manage expectations. If you request a room/view type that doesn't match what you booked, you may leave the room assignor in a position to not really know what to do with you.

Also FWIW, Poly tends to run pretty darn full nearly every day of the year. I just searched for 9/1-9/4 and it shows no availability in any view category. 8/31-9/4 only shows only standard view availability.

I don't mean to be Debbie downer here, sorry!

No no, thank you for speaking the truth! I appreciate it. All good to know.

Yes, true. I don't technically know how you describe pools that use this system.... "salt water" is a bit of an overstatement because it's not like being in the ocean. But the water does have a saline taste to it. Love it BTW, so much easier on the eyes, skin, hair, etc.
Is the Oasis pool a "quiet" pool? If so, what does this practically mean?

The hours seemed really loose with the Oasis pool..people were swimming at 6am. We just got home from a Somoa 3rd floor room overlooking the pool. Vibe was relaxed and as others have said there's no lifeguard.

I'm getting super excited about our stay at the Poly in October! I'm in the midst of working out touring plans and figuring out which fast passes to get. I just had a couple of questions about Captain Cooks. I heard it can be a zoo in the morning. Will we have trouble finding a table for four around 7:00? Are lines for food and payment very long? I'm trying to figure out how much time to plan given that my kiddos like a big breakfast and won't be happy with cereal or a bagel before we head to the parks.

Oh my goodness, thank you so much! This is really helpful and I so appreciate your input! (And we can't wait!! This may ruin me on moderates forever, though...)

Oh I don't know... we've stayed at some deluxe (Contemporary and AKL) and still like the moderates better. Maybe Poly will push us to the other side, I don't know.

Will we have trouble finding a table for four around 7:00? Are lines for food and payment very long? I'm trying to figure out how much time to plan given that my kiddos like a big breakfast and won't be happy with cereal or a bagel before we head to the parks.

The line to order and pay is really the issue. Not a lot of people eat in; many take stuff outside or back to their room.

I went for physical therapy for 3 months where I received my therapy in a salt water pool. It had an amazing effect on my skin acting as a natural moisturizer and skin softener.

Hi everyone! I've never been able to stay at the Poly before, but randomly decided to check on military rates for a long weekend in August and we can afford it! We booked a standard view, so I have a couple questions for the experts. My DS (almost 2) LOVES watching the monorail, so I was sort of assuming we would request a monorail view. My question, though, is would this end up being basically just a parking lot view? I'm not opposed to walking him to see the "train" if the monorail view would be a disappointment. I've tried to find this information on Tikiman's website as well as TouringPlans and haven't had much luck. I'd really appreciate any advice you might have. (On this view or any other.)
We had a room in Fiji facing the Spirit of Aloha and you could see the monorail gliding by in the distance. Plus it had a beach view and a view of the wedding chapel at GF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter