Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
When does the standard room/water view room changeover take place for booking? I went on disney's site this morning to book a standard room for April and they are all out. Do you think they will add the new room types and there will be rooms available? We really wanted to stay there again!

When does the standard room/water view room changeover take place for booking? I went on disney's site this morning to book a standard room for April and they are all out. Do you think they will add the new room types and there will be rooms available? We really wanted to stay there again!

No one really knows at this point. The screenshot Tikiman posted was a screenshot of the 2017 rate pamphlet that had been updated to include that new view category, so presumably sometime this year...but hard to say?

You can, but it is 2TS credits per person. Since a TS credit is typically worth $35+, this is not considered a good value on the Dining Plan.

Follow up question then.... if you have an AP can you get a discount on it like you would if you go to Ohana ?

Thanks... am thinking about getting an AP and don't know all the perks. Thanks for all the info.

Well folks..........a WDW bucket list item is going to come off the list! Yes we've booked a vacation at the Poly!! :D We've got 4 nights set for August 2018.........yeah it will take time to save up/pay for this one......but we feel its worth it. My wife and I have visited the Poly numerous times but this will be our first stay. Looking forward to the larger standard rooms......fireworks watching from the beach........and the BIG ONE......staying at a MONORAIL RESORT!!! :P

We've decided to add the Disney Dining plan for this trip also. We tried it once and IMHO we didn't do it properly, first off we did the Deluxe plan which is entirely to much food. Secondly we left snack credits on the table (no pun intended). This time we got the regular plan and my wife is all over the snacks issue :-) Our hope is by covering much of the dining cost up front (prior to the trip) they'll be less financial stress during the trip.

So all you Poly vets........what else should we be looking forward to at YOUR favorite resort

Doug :goofy:

Well folks..........a WDW bucket list item is going to come off the list! Yes we've booked a vacation at the Poly!! :D We've got 4 nights set for August 2018.........yeah it will take time to save up/pay for this one......but we feel its worth it. My wife and I have visited the Poly numerous times but this will be our first stay. Looking forward to the larger standard rooms......fireworks watching from the beach........and the BIG ONE......staying at a MONORAIL RESORT!!! :P

We've decided to add the Disney Dining plan for this trip also. We tried it once and IMHO we didn't do it properly, first off we did the Deluxe plan which is entirely to much food. Secondly we left snack credits on the table (no pun intended). This time we got the regular plan and my wife is all over the snacks issue :-) Our hope is by covering much of the dining cost up front (prior to the trip) they'll be less financial stress during the trip.

So all you Poly vets........what else should we be looking forward to at YOUR favorite resort

Congrats booking the Poly, I can't say enough about this resort! I would recommend the Twilight Feast!

Congratulations! I am also fulfilling a major Disney wish and staying at the Poly this year! (30 days and counting!)

As for favorite things at the resort, two words...

Trader. Sam's.

Avidly following this thread- my husband and I have visited the Poly but never stayed there, and our first stay (as DVC members too!) is in 39 days!

Super excited to see you can order 'Ohana as room service-sounds like a perfect cozy night in!

The Poly is a fabulous resort, you're going to love it! Have a great time :wizard:.

Congrats on booking your first Poly stay! Everything about the Poly is amazing (IMO). Have a great trip :).

I am also fulfilling a major Disney wish and staying at the Poly this year! (30 days and counting!)

Have a great time! :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter