Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were at the Poly Aug 13-19 and did not receive a room text before we arrived. But, we checked in at 7:30am and got the room text at 10:00am. I was surprised when the room was ready so early.

Thanks! I don't know if I want to get a room text or not - something about checking in at the desk makes the vacation seem real. :p

Looking for December APH rates and see the Pool or Marina View selection for the first time. No rate available.

Thanks for that update. I poked around at dates throughout 2018 for the "Pool or Marina View" category and couldn't get any availability to pop up. I'm guessing the inventory must not be fully loaded behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Thanks for that update. I poked around at dates throughout 2018 for the "Poor or Marina View" category and couldn't get any availability to pop up. I'm guessing the inventory must not be fully loaded behind the scenes.

It's now showing for my October dates also. But the hotel is showing no availability, so no one can book those room types yet. I don't understand - are they just not going to fill those rooms? There's no way to even upgrade.

Also the standard view description still includes pool/marina - either they didn't update it yet, or some standard people will still get lucky. :)

I have a room request question:

I know you get to choose one of the options from the drop down menu, but what about these email requests I keep hearing about.

I am thinking of booking a standard view room and I would love to have a view of the monorail. Is that something I would email separately and hope for the best?

Thanks! I don't know if I want to get a room text or not - something about checking in at the desk makes the vacation seem real. :p

My advice would be to still check-in if you feel so inclined, even if you've done online check-in or recieved the text. Nothing about doing online check-in or receiving the text means you HAVE to bypass the front desk. I do both. I like to pick up a map, chat with the CM, etc.

I know you get to choose one of the options from the drop down menu, but what about these email requests I keep hearing about.

I am thinking of booking a standard view room and I would love to have a view of the monorail. Is that something I would email separately and hope for the best?

You have a couple of options with room requests. Many will call the main reservation number and have requests noted on their reservation. You can also use the drop-down menu options with online check-in, but those options are rather limited and sometimes not even applicable to your particular room/view cateogry (thanks Disney IT).

Personally, I call in my requests and leave the online check-in options blank (don't like the limited options, don't want anything to conflict, etc).

There are other services out there - such as Touring Plans - which does the room request fax feature. I'm not an expert with TP so don't know much about the specifics.

For your room category and preference, a common request to call in would be something along the lines of requesting a third floor (for the balcony, second floor rooms don't have a balcony) or first floor (for the patio space), monorail view. It's pretty much that easy.

You have a couple of options with room requests. Many will call the main reservation number and have requests noted on their reservation. You can also use the drop-down menu options with online check-in, but those options are rather limited and sometimes not even applicable to your particular room/view cateogry (thanks Disney IT).

Personally, I call in my requests and leave the online check-in options blank (don't like the limited options, don't want anything to conflict, etc).

There are other services out there - such as Touring Plans - which does the room request fax feature. I'm not an expert with TP so don't know much about the specifics.

For your room category and preference, a common request to call in would be something along the lines of requesting a third floor (for the balcony, second floor rooms don't have a balcony) or first floor (for the patio space), monorail view. It's pretty much that easy.
Wow thanks for they speedy reply!

I have had very good luck with TP restaurant reservation service so maybe I will look into their system.

Thank you, I appreciate it!

I've never stayed at the Poly before and all standard rooms are booked for my trip dates. What are everyone's thoughts on paying cash for a deluxe studio? The rate is currently $507/night for my dates. Would it be a great deal cheaper with points?
TIA!

We've never stayed in a studio as we prefer a regular room, but if I wanted to say at the Poly and that's what was available and within my budget, I'd book it. I can't answer about renting points as we've never done that, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

You can have that room request added to your reservation when you book. As far as emailing requests, I know guests who stay CL can email DSS, but there's no one to email when booking a non-CL room. I'm thinking you might be referring to touring plans?? I think you can email requests to them, but I'm not positive as we've never used them (have only heard about them through others who post about them). Hopefully others will be able to help ;).

I've never stayed at the Poly before and all standard rooms are booked for my trip dates. What are everyone's thoughts on paying cash for a deluxe studio? The rate is currently $507/night for my dates. Would it be a great deal cheaper with points?
TIA!

A quick DVC calculation for 7 nights in October (7-14) would cost 130 points which (at the highest per point price of $17 per) is $2210. This equates to $315 and change per night. So, yes--considerably cheaper per night to rent points than to book through Disney. This is for a deluxe studio.

Points needed vary for seasons and the price per point varies based upon whether you book at the earliest possible date (11 months in advance) through someone who owns at your desired resort or wait until the 7 month mark when any DVC owner can book and rent. Obviously, the more desirable the property, the greater need to book at the earliest possible date.

Hope that helps and provides a little insight. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
A quick DVC calculation for 7 nights in October (7-14) would cost 130 points which (at the highest per point price of $17 per) is $2210. The equates to $315 and change per night. So, yes--considerably cheaper per night to rent points than to book through Disney. This is for a deluxe studio.

Points needed vary for seasons and the price per point varies based upon whether you book at the earliest possible date (11 months in advance) through someone who owns at your desired resort or wait until the 7 month mark when any DVC owner can book and rent. Obviously, the more desirable the property, the greater need to book at the earliest possible date.

Hope that helps and provides a little insight. :thumbsup2
Thank you!

TIA!

Yes, if you can find points and if your dates are at least 7+ months out.

I've had good luck using the Touring Plans room reservation request service, right down to requesting a specific room number. You can even see pictures of specific room views on Touring Plans' website, and ask to have a fax sent to the resort for that room or type of room. When you go to your dashboard on the Touring Plans website, you'll see a link called "Request Room," and you can select the specifics you're looking for. That all populates into a fax that gets sent to the resort before you arrive. This has also worked with drop down menu selections I've made as long as they don't conflict (if they might conflict, I'd leave the drop down menu blank and go with TP's fax).

As far as emailing, I've sent specific requests to DSS for CL rooms but don't know where you could email a request for a non-CL room. Maybe if you don't use Touring Plans you could call the reservation phone line? Good luck!! :)

I've had good luck using the Touring Plans room reservation request service, right down to requesting a specific room number. You can even see pictures of specific room views on Touring Plans' website, and ask to have a fax sent to the resort for that room or type of room. When you go to your dashboard on the Touring Plans website, you'll see a link called "Request Room," and you can select the specifics you're looking for. That all populates into a fax that gets sent to the resort before you arrive. This has also worked with drop down menu selections I've made as long as they don't conflict (if they might conflict, I'd leave the drop down menu blank and go with TP's fax).

As far as emailing, I've sent specific requests to DSS for CL rooms but don't know where you could email a request for a non-CL room. Maybe if you don't use Touring Plans you could call the reservation phone line? Good luck!! :)
Thank you!

Preparing for our upcoming stay at Poly, and was just wondering if someone could confirm that marshmallows are provided at the fire pit. TIA!

Thank you so much for confirming this! Looking forward to this!

Also, you may know this but just making sure. They only do the campfire on select nights of the week. Per the August activity calender, this month it's Mon-Wed-Fri-Sat. Probably revisionist history on my part but I have in my head that they used to do it every night when we first started going to Poly several years ago. Again, you probably already know that - just making sure. Have fun!

Thanks for that update. I poked around at dates throughout 2018 for the "Pool or Marina View" category and couldn't get any availability to pop up. I'm guessing the inventory must not be fully loaded behind the scenes.

It's now showing for my October dates also. But the hotel is showing no availability, so no one can book those room types yet. I don't understand - are they just not going to fill those rooms? There's no way to even upgrade.

Also the standard view description still includes pool/marina - either they didn't update it yet, or some standard people will still get lucky. :)

Early May, 2018 shows rack rates of
$562/night standard view
$635/night pool marina view

Standard room view description continues to include view of pool/marina (as of this afternoon).

This afternoon, Disney website allows selection of the pool/marina view category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter