Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's super easy - don't think twice about it. I far preferred it to having to ride a bus. I'm a big guy with very long legs, so except for one ride, I stuck with Minnie Vans as the front seat of the Traverse vehicles were very comfortable for me (Whereas the one UberXL ride we took had very little leg room in front).
I drive a Traverse. It is a great vehicle with lots of room. My 14 year old actually prefers to be in the third row!

Is anyone there now? I'm trying to see if there's a photopass photographer in the lobby taking pics with the Xmas decorations. If so, does anyone know if they have set hours?

Is anyone there now? I'm trying to see if there's a photopass photographer in the lobby taking pics with the Xmas decorations. If so, does anyone know if they have set hours?

There was yesterday and the day before, at least during the afternoons when we walked through. Not sure about set hours. In fact, we hit about 5 resorts last week, and every one of them had a photographer near the tree (or display) - I noticed a ton more photopass photographers overall. It was very cool.

There was yesterday and the day before, at least during the afternoons when we walked through. Not sure about set hours. In fact, we hit about 5 resorts last week, and every one of them had a photographer near the tree (or display) - I noticed a ton more photopass photographers overall. It was very cool.

Is there usually a photo pass photographer at the Poly? I didn't even think of them being in the resorts and that would be totally awesome if I can get a group shot taken at the end of this month when we're all there!

Is there usually a photo pass photographer at the Poly? I didn't even think of them being in the resorts and that would be totally awesome if I can get a group shot taken at the end of this month when we're all there!

I don't know if they are always there, or if they just had them stationed there because of the Christmas Displays. We had photo pass pictures taken at GF, Animal Kingdom and Polynesian lobbies in the last week - never went there looking for them, but when we went to take our own pics there, we noticed them nearby with no wait and got to get family shots. It also seemed to me like there were MANY more photographers out and about in the parks (and as Disney Springs) this trip, over my last trip in summer 2015. It was really great, and really made me happy I got an AP activated for this trip. It was great to get all those shots that I am usually not in.

I saw them a few times during my October trip in front of the tiki/rock formation in the lobby. That was the first time I remember seeing them, although that doesn't mean they weren't before (just might not have ever seen them). It seemed they were there during the evening / heavy traffic lobby times when you have a lot of people around for dinner, the Luau, etc.

Is the poly going to get renovated anytime soon? We were there in October '17 and December '16. The beds were ok for comfort but we stayed a night at the Beach Club and beds seemed so much nicer. We love the poly and don't know why they don't have comfier beds. Waiting to decide before the next trip if we go back to poly or not.

Were the rooms redone in 2015 when the DVC was added and the shared spaces renovated? I don't think it's been very long since they were renovated.

Is the poly going to get renovated anytime soon? We were there in October '17 and December '16. The beds were ok for comfort but we stayed a night at the Beach Club and beds seemed so much nicer. We love the poly and don't know why they don't have comfier beds. Waiting to decide before the next trip if we go back to poly or not.

No one knows, and if they do they aren’t talking - which is pretty standard Disney protocol. @Cluelyss is correct in that the resort side rooms were last redone 2013ish, which would seem to indicate that Poly should be due for ‘something’ at least ‘sometime’ in the next few years, but who knows. They did just do some light work earlier this year where they added larger TVs and modified the cabinet/desk area to add more power outlets and USB ports (also made modifications to the cabinet where the fridge is too), although that was the extent of the work.

I do agree with you on the beds....

I just finished answering a lengthy survey about our stay at Poly ... most of my comments centered around (a) atrocious internet and (b) the generally run down paint in our room and (c) the really uncomfortable mattress. Our DVC 1 BR Villa room at Boardwalk was MUCH better than our Poly Club Level room, which cost me more than 2x more.

Hey everyone!!! So excited that our full week waitlist finally went through at the Poly! It's the first week of Spring Break season so I'm shocked but very glad we'll have a full week here as a family. We stayed a couple nights 5 years ago but I had forgotten how much I loved it until daughter and I stayed here last May in a studio. I knew then that it was just the perfect studio for our family of 4 with the extra bed as my kids are getting older. Kids think we're staying at Saratoga since that's were our original reservation was so they'll be thrilled when we drive up. Hopefully DD will stay off of MDE!!!

Anyway... it'll be an exciting week! We'll be arriving a week after my birthday and both my kids will celebrate their birthday here. Son will be turning 12 on 3/12 and daughter will be turning 19 on 3/13. Spring Break... back to back birthdays... makes for a great birthday celebration!!! They've had so many Disney birthdays lately even I'm a little jealous :P

Couple of questions even though I was there just less than a year ago... Sorry!!!

1) Coffee filters... are they basket or cone? Since hubby is along, making coffee is a must!
2) The fax request thing is new to me. I've been to WDW quite a bit and this is the first I've heard of it. We were in Tokelau last year and just loved the location and would like to stay there again. I read where someone said they stayed there and ended up with a view of the train station. How would I go about requesting that? Do I simply put that's the view I want or is there other info I should put? ETA... I found the rooms that would provide that view. So do I just list the room range on the fax???

THANKS ALL!!!

Last edited:
The fax requests are through touringplans.com - that service will send the Poly your fax request within 5 days of your arrival.

As for the coffee filters I have no idea!

Hey everyone!!! So excited that our full week waitlist finally went through at the Poly! It's the first week of Spring Break season so I'm shocked but very glad we'll have a full week here as a family. We stayed a couple nights 5 years ago but I had forgotten how much I loved it until daughter and I stayed here last May in a studio. I knew then that it was just the perfect studio for our family of 4 with the extra bed as my kids are getting older. Kids think we're staying at Saratoga since that's were our original reservation was so they'll be thrilled when we drive up. Hopefully DD will stay off of MDE!!!

Anyway... it'll be an exciting week! We'll be arriving a week after my birthday and both my kids will celebrate their birthday here. Son will be turning 12 on 3/12 and daughter will be turning 19 on 3/13. Spring Break... back to back birthdays... makes for a great birthday celebration!!! They've had so many Disney birthdays lately even I'm a little jealous :P

Congrats on the wait list coming through! Sounds like a great celebration trip. Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

The fax requests are through touringplans.com - that service will send the Poly your fax request within 5 days of your arrival.

As for the coffee filters I have no idea!
Thanks! I guess I worded it wrong the first time so I changed it. What I really needed to know is the wording I should use... garden view but a particular side or room range??? Or theme park view even though Tokelau doesn't have "official" theme park views? I use to have a membership to tourplans but haven't in awhile. Maybe I need to look back into. I know I'd be happy anywhere but wouldn't hurt to ask for that slight themepark view :-)

ETA... reading up on touring plans I see the range I need to ask for! I will definitely make sure to get my fax in 5 days before :-) THANKS AGAIN!!!

Congrats on the wait list coming through! Sounds like a great celebration trip. Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

Thanks! Hope I don't slip up on saying Poly! We've even added the Poly address but with a label of Saratoga in our GPS lol.

Last edited:
One month until we arrive. We got our DME luggage tags yesterday and I was super stoked to see our names and Polynesian on them. Magic Bands shipped today as well. It's getting close now!

Our travel agent put in our only request which was for a king-size bed, so I'm hopeful that comes through, but we'll be happy to be there no matter what.

Thanks! I guess I worded it wrong the first time so I changed it. What I really needed to know is the wording I should use... garden view but a particular side or room range??? Or theme park view even though Tokelau doesn't have "official" theme park views? I use to have a membership to tourplans but haven't in awhile. Maybe I need to look back into. I know I'd be happy anywhere but wouldn't hurt to ask for that slight themepark view :-)

ETA... reading up on touring plans I see the range I need to ask for! I will definitely make sure to get my fax in 5 days before :-) THANKS AGAIN!!!

Thanks! Hope I don't slip up on saying Poly! We've even added the Poly address but with a label of Saratoga in our GPS lol.

I would also start a chat with Member Services and put your request on there too! It took all of 5 minutes (I requested near oasis pool) and they'll be as specific as you want to be as well

Thank you! Its become a tradition for us to get the kids pic in front of the tree in their Xmas PJs but we've never been at the Poly during Xmas and I know their tree isn't as large as other resorts. I just didn't want to walk over to the GCH in their jammies just to find out that they didn't have one.

So I'm officially booked for everything for my Daughters Sweet 16 trip to Disney in January. Our 1st stay at Poly and any resort on the Monorail. I'm just waiting to find out when the January people arrive so I can know what the difference is between views are. I booked a Standard view. Hopefully my Daughter will enjoy the experience.

First time posting. Family and I are staying at the Poly in Feb. Is there a place to buy coffee and french vanilla creamer onsite to brew in the room?

Also we have the dining plan and I usually like to use a snack for breakfast. What are some good snack credits to get at the poly that would be good for breakfast? When we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge they had these awesome cinnamon rolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter