Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

And as I prep my grocery delivery order .. what kind of soda machine does the Poly have for the refillable mugs? Wondering if it has been upgraded to the newer machines. Also, I'm assuming the water from there tastes better than tap water?

And as I prep my grocery delivery order .. what kind of soda machine does the Poly have for the refillable mugs? Wondering if it has been upgraded to the newer machines. Also, I'm assuming the water from there tastes better than tap water?
Unless it's happened in the last few months, they still have the traditional soda machines. No Freestyle. ='(

And yes, the water from the soda machines tastes fine.

I saw someone post on FB a specific area for Club Level guests to watch the fireworks from on the beach. Is that a thing? Or for a special event? I can't find any other information about it.

Ooh Kona cafe island opens at 6:30.

Although this may impact my refillable mug strategy. Is there coffee before 7am?

Last edited:
Yes! Thank you for the correction. I was over excited. I love their French press. We may not get refillable mugs after all. Or just for the kids.

Where do you fill the refillable mugs? Any idea when that place opens?
I think you can buy them in boutiki or captain cooks but we didn’t do it last time.

Edit: Oops, somehow read that as buy.

Last edited:
Anyone happen to know how much a case of water is at Moana Mercantile at the Polynesian?

Dan

Sigh. Apparently club level is full:/ I guess I'm stuck hoping for a return to better service. It's ridiculous paying so much a night w/ no housekeeping.
I was there in April in non DVC room (and not club level) and received full housekeeping every other day. Housekeeping is really important to me but every other day was okay since it was at least full service then. Hope this helps!

I was there in April in non DVC room (and not club level) and received full housekeeping every other day. Housekeeping is really important to me but every other day was okay since it was at least full service then. Hope this helps!
Thank you! This does help!

The Poly boat to the MK is operational, yes? What time does it start in the morning? How often does it run? Would love to do that instead of the monorail at least once.

1) Yes
2) You can use the pool on check-in day and there are towels there. Your magic band should work, but if it doesn't someone at the front desk can assist.
3) Crap shoot here. Since they aren't dining at the Polynesian the guards could deny them parking at the Poly. Officially you must be staying at the resort or have a dining reservation at the resort to park there (including check out day). But, it is hit or miss. Worst case scenario they can park at the Contemporary and meet you there.

Repeating the question about alcohol in delivery of groceries -- do I need to be there to accept it? If so, it may not be worth it to me.

The Poly boat to the MK is operational, yes? What time does it start in the morning? How often does it run? Would love to do that instead of the monorail at least once.
The boat is poly-MK-gf in a continual loop. The only time I don’t do it is for rope drop. Generally it is 30 mins prior to opening which isn’t ideal.

Best way is to simply watch as you exit park. If you see it arriving from poly get in line. Also I love to ride during EWP times and watch the show from the boat. You CAN ride full circle FYI. No need to exit at MK etc.

Repeating the question about alcohol in delivery of groceries -- do I need to be there to accept it? If so, it may not be worth it to me.
Reports of that have been mixed. I was there to pick it up myself.

Some on the boards recently have said that you provide ID to Garden Grocer (if that’s who you’re using) during checkout and that bell services has accepted the order without issue. But someone posted a Plan DISNEY article saying they would not sign for alcohol. So, seems a little murky.

Just received my Garden Grocer order today with alcohol. I provided them my license at checkout online. They delivered to bell services this morning. Bell services delivered to my room tonight! I’ve used Garden Grocer multiple times this way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter