Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!!! Hopefully they‘re still doing it in October.
Just a quick update - I walked by there again yesterday and they were doing the activity but had no tiki masks this time. Apparently the masks actually come from Hawaii and their supplier is out of them right now. They were painting small ceramic pineapples for $10 as a replacement.

Just a quick update - I walked by there again yesterday and they were doing the activity but had no tiki masks this time. Apparently the masks actually come from Hawaii and their supplier is out of them right now. They were painting small ceramic pineapples for $10 as a replacement.
We were there last week and did the kukui nut leis and the tiki masks. But they must be running low on the nuts for the leis since the only colors they had left were green and orange! I wonder if they come from the same vendor. I noticed the tiki mask closed sales after like 15 minutes.

We were there last week and did the kukui nut leis and the tiki masks. But they must be running low on the nuts for the leis since the only colors they had left were green and orange! I wonder if they come from the same vendor. I noticed the tiki mask closed sales after like 15 minutes.
Interesting - By the way, who do you pay for these activities that cost?

Thanks!

Interesting - By the way, who do you pay for these activities that cost?

Thanks
You pay right there at the activity. You can either charge it to your room or pay by credit card. The leis they had a table set up in the lobby. The masks were at the marina on the dock on the way to the boat.

Hi everyone! First post for a last minute (for me!) trip I scheduled this week for June 30-July 5 of this year. We’re driving in, got a studio at Poly and some sit down meals reserved. We’re a family of 4, 2 kids (6&3) and we are hoping to have a great trip! Went last summer as the peak of Covid happened again and we missed out on lots so hoping this trip will make up for it.

Since our kids are younger and we know we’ll be back, we aren’t looking to do parks open to close. We selected Poly for theming (love an immersive experience) and ease to MK for naps and rest. Questions I have for the experts:
-are you able to watch fireworks from the beach (I hear we’re out of luck to catch the big ones on the 4th which is okay)
-are there any fun things or hidden tips/tricks for the resort? I expect we’ll be here a decent amount due to heat and grumpy kids midday :)
-what else should we know being there for the 4th? Again, we know it’s going to be bananas. We are very much a go with the flow family.

Thanks!

-are you able to watch fireworks from the beach (I hear we’re out of luck to catch the big ones on the 4th which is okay)

:welcome: to the DIS!

Just wanted to quickly address this comment. As a Poly guest, you are totally IN LUCK on 7/4, it's everyone else that isn't. :-)

I've done 12/31 and 7/4 at Poly the last handful of years. With the caveat that some of the exact setups change or get tweaked year to year... generally speaking the main Poly beach area (the area with the best fireworks viewing) is reserved / fenced off for Poly guests on 7/4 and it is strictly enforced. This was the setup pre-COVID and they did it again for 12/31 a few months ago (the first holiday fireworks show since COVID)... so I assume/expect they will for 7/4 this year as well.

Usually they also set up a DJ and some decorations on the beach. In the past characters have even made an appearance to dance (although no characters on 12/31 this past year, curious to see what they do 7/4 in that regard now that character interacting is back).

IMHO it is one of the funnest days of the year at Poly - you're in for a treat! (Pray for no evening thunderstorms)

In case you don't know this, they run the special fireworks 7/3 and 7/4 (well at least they normally do... Disney hasn't officially announced anything yet but the fireworks calendar suggests this will be the case). 7/3 is more open around Poly, 7/4 is where you see the DJ, fenced off beach, etc.

Happy to answer any questions - have fun!

:welcome: to the DIS!

Just wanted to quickly address this comment. As a Poly guest, you are totally IN LUCK on 7/4, it's everyone else that isn't. :-)

I've done 12/31 and 7/4 at Poly the last handful of years. With the caveat that some of the exact setups change or get tweaked year to year... generally speaking the main Poly beach area (the area with the best fireworks viewing) is reserved / fenced off for Poly guests on 7/4 and it is strictly enforced. This was the setup pre-COVID and they did it again for 12/31 a few months ago (the first holiday fireworks show since COVID)... so I assume/expect they will for 7/4 this year as well.

Usually they also set up a DJ and some decorations on the beach. In the past characters have even made an appearance to dance (although no characters on 12/31 this past year, curious to see what they do 7/4 in that regard now that character interacting is back).

IMHO it is one of the funnest days of the year at Poly - you're in for a treat! (Pray for no evening thunderstorms)

In case you don't know this, they run the special fireworks 7/3 and 7/4 (well at least they normally do... Disney hasn't officially announced anything yet but the fireworks calendar suggests this will be the case). 7/3 is more open around Poly, 7/4 is where you see the DJ, fenced off beach, etc.

Happy to answer any questions - have fun!
Oh my gosh thank you!!! We’re really excited-I’ve always wanted to stay at Poly and enjoy some good good and tiki drinks :) sounds like we’re in luck with fireworks and that is awesome!

Hey Folks - I thought I had at one point read that there was something going on at the Poly Beaches making it unavailable, am I crazy or is/was that true? Trying to plan something special for that day at that location and I wanted to give myself some planning time if I was incorrect.

@mrsap cheers ! Wish you were here!

DD went to DS with a friend that also came down for AP preview !

Works for me ! Watched EWP with my drink and will mono to CR after fireworks! Love the monorail!

Poly is busy !
Hey girl! I’m so happy you got to sneak in another trip!! Hopefully we’ll get to have a drink together before the year is up!! Have a great time!

Hang Ten Over to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort for the NEW Surfboard Tiki-Style Mug and Papeete Pipeline POG Drink

After a day at the parks, we swung by Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort to relax and enjoy a drink at Tambu Lounge. To our pleasant surprise, they are now offering a new rum and POG drink with a surfboard souvenir mug.

Polynesian-Village-Resort-Surfboard-Tiki-Mug-and-Papeete-Pipeline-1200x900.jpg

Papeete Pipeline – $32​

Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, Coconut Rum, Bols Melon Liqueur, Minute Maid Passion Fruit Orange Guava Juice

Polynesian-Village-Resort-Surfboard-Tiki-Mug-and-Papeete-Pipeline-1-1200x900.jpg

@trishadono

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter