• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

We check in at the end of the month. DVC std studio. Would really like a completely refurbished room. We usually do Tokelau. I understand this is where the majority of Murphy beds are missing. From what I'm putting together sounds like the 3rd floor doesn't have the new Murphy beds, first floor does and I haven't heard much on 2nd floor. Any insight before I put in our room request?
You are going to have to decide. Do you want the murphy bed or Tokelau? They are good about honoring ONE request but it can be more tricky to get both.

Don't be afraid to ask when you arrive. Sometimes they can check current inventory and can be helpful.

We check in at the end of the month. DVC std studio. Would really like a completely refurbished room. We usually do Tokelau. I understand this is where the majority of Murphy beds are missing. From what I'm putting together sounds like the 3rd floor doesn't have the new Murphy beds, first floor does and I haven't heard much on 2nd floor. Any insight before I put in our room request?
Just so you know I think most people ask for Tokelau. This past Friday as I was checking in at least 6 people came up asking if they could be moved there. It was my first request followed by Moorea. So naturally we were assigned to pago pago. They did move us to Moorea in the very last room next to the TTC. We did have a Murphy bed. It was nice but I would have rather had the better location.

Would anyone mind sharing pics of the campfire? And do they usually have it in early March or is it too cold? Trying to decide if we should stick around the resort a couple nights with our small kiddos, or be at parks.

I dont have any pictures but yes, its year round. March is for the most part in the 80s, you might get a cold snap but most likely 80s. We just did this last weekend, its pretty early, around 5:30-6:30. Its fun if you are around but it's nothing I would go out of my way for. Its literally just getting a stick and roasting marshmallows. Thats it, its takes about 5-10 minutes.

Edit, oh wait, I do have pics.

Attachments

• 20211015_175112.jpg
    20211015_175112.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 26

I dont have any pictures but yes, its year round. March is for the most part in the 80s, you might get a cold snap but most likely 80s. We just did this last weekend, its pretty early, around 5:30-6:30. Its fun if you are around but it's nothing I would go out of my way for. Its literally just getting a stick and roasting marshmallows. Thats it, its takes about 5-10 minutes.

Edit, oh wait, I do have pics.
Thank you!!! Good to know!!

We've stayed there a couple of weeks ago - 2nd floor Tokelau in room number either 2917 or 2918 and we had the Murphy bed

There is some info about refurbished rooms in Tom Bricker's review of them. This is what he said about specific buildings:

Regardless of the motivation, the project is now finished. Pago Pago reopened in late August, followed by Moorea in mid-September, and Tokelau in two phases by early October.

This article was posted yesterday (October 21). He says the project is finished, but the phrase "by early October" sounds like it's in the future? I'm not sure what the timeline for this is, and it's a little awkwardly written, but maybe it's completed in all buildings? Not sure, but I hope this reference helps. He doesn't say which building they were in for the review.

Poly merch and TS updates…I really wanted the Poly magic band and the new drink glasses- so we made a last minute decision this past weekend to drive up from South Florida. Magic bands are still in Stock as of now- but didn’t sound like they had a ton left as the CM had to go back and search for more to replace the couple that I bought.

Trader Sams had a 2 hour wait Friday and Saturday evening. However, They will let you buy the Jungle Cruise mug at the check in desk without waiting to get inside- if anyone just wants the new mug.

Does anyone know if there's a running list somewhere of the DVC rooms that are fully refurbished with the murphy bed?

Just back from Poly last week. Stayed in Tokelau first floor with Murphy bed- loved, loved, loved it. Rm 1942.

I was at Poly for Halloween a few years ago. If I remember correctly, we really didn’t know activities until we woke up that day and they had put a sign up on the fake grass lawn.

Anyone here now that wants about half a case of Kirkland water bottles? I accidentally ordered two cases instead of one, and we are switching to Boardwalk tomorrow. I have an empty suitcase they can go in but that just seems like disaster waiting to happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter