Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Was trader Sam's still a virtual queue that you had to be at host stand to line

YMMV clearly. I was at Poly on a stormy day on run weekend and at 3 or 4 PM they would not even let me (riding solo) get on the virtual queue until 530 at the earliest. Extreme circumstances with the weather and crowds, I know.

Permits Reveal Layout for New, Modern DVC Building, Pool, and More at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort

5262AFCE-038A-484F-A2B5-553729283C3D.png

Like Like Quote

Question about getting to Epcot. Is it faster to take the bus or walk to TTC and get on the monorail?

Before we went I had asked about how many outlets were in the new remodeled rooms and just thought I would report back. There are SO many outlets and USB ports! I should have counted, but I didn’t. But we had at least 10 devices to charge between phones, watches, tablets and portable chargers. There were more than enough spots for everything. The little shelves on the sides of the beds were awesome. My daughter also used it as a snack shelf😆

Wow. Those West longhouses are going to be awful for a long time.

Seriously, I was thinking the same. There are a decent chunk of rooms that will be impacted with construction views for awhile whenever this begins.

Plus I sure hope they have a detour path for running/walking to GF during all of this - that alone would stop me from booking Poly during construction.

Overall I’m trying to keep an open mind - change is inevitable, new amenities will be welcome, Disney resort changes never turn out as bad as feared and often work pretty well, original resort plans contemplated a tower, etc, etc, but gosh if it all isn’t a pretty big change!

We’re now gonna stay at the Poly for 8 nights instead of 5 nights and this weekend will be a resort only stay. I just snagged an early ADR to topolino’s. We’ll now have a car—how much time should we give ourselves to drive to the Riviera from the Poly? Also, is the path to the GF well-marked? I wasn’t expecting a resorts only weekend (was supposed to be on DCL) so a little nervous! Should we just plan on hanging out by the pool a lot?

YMMV clearly. I was at Poly on a stormy day on run weekend and at 3 or 4 PM they would not even let me (riding solo) get on the virtual queue until 530 at the earliest. Extreme circumstances with the weather and crowds, I know.
We were there for a weekend in Oct for my birthday and got there just around 245 on a Monday and got lucky getting in around 430, the day prior we missed it completely - it was Columbus day weekend and a new mug release so both likely impacted it. We will be moving from Uni to Pop that morning so I will just plan to get to Poly by 2pm and hope to luck out.

This is very random but does anyone know if they sell yogurt at the moana mercantile? I've tried to find tours of the store on youtube but they only focus on the souvenir side and not the food side. It would be nice to have it for my kids but not crucial enough to organize a grocery order!

My granddaughter has her heart set on a Topolino’s breakfast. I know it’s a hard to get reservation. If I get one what is the best way to get there from the Poly? We will not have a car.

We’re now gonna stay at the Poly for 8 nights instead of 5 nights and this weekend will be a resort only stay. I just snagged an early ADR to topolino’s. We’ll now have a car—how much time should we give ourselves to drive to the Riviera from the Poly? Also, is the path to the GF well-marked? I wasn’t expecting a resorts only weekend (was supposed to be on DCL) so a little nervous! Should we just plan on hanging out by the pool a lot?
Actual driving time is probably +/- 20 minutes, but I’d allow myself 45 minutes to an hour from walking out of my resort room door. That allows for walking to the car in the Poly lot, driving to Riviera, getting through the guard gate at RIV, finding a parking space, walking into RIV and riding the elevator up to Topolino’s entrance. Full disclosure: I’m one of those people who would rather be early than late! :cutie: YMMV. Enjoy - Topolino’s deserves its reputation.

My granddaughter has her heart set on a Topolino’s breakfast. I know it’s a hard to get reservation. If I get one what is the best way to get there from the Poly? We will not have a car.
Depending on the time of your ADR (if transportation to DHS is running), bus to DHS then Skyliner to CBR, transfer to Epcot Skyliner, disembark at Riviera. I’d allow an hour to hour and a half for that, since you won’t know how long you’ll have to wait for the bus to DHS. If the ADR is too early, then Uber/Lyft/taxi will be your best option.

Anyone been to Trader Sam's recently at night? We have 6 adults and only one planned night at the parks. Like to end the night at Trader Sam's. I guess since we are staying at the resort we should just put our name in and we will receive a text?

Seriously, I was thinking the same. There are a decent chunk of rooms that will be impacted with construction views for awhile whenever this begins.

Plus I sure hope they have a detour path for running/walking to GF during all of this - that alone would stop me from booking Poly during construction.

Overall I’m trying to keep an open mind - change is inevitable, new amenities will be welcome, Disney resort changes never turn out as bad as feared and often work pretty well, original resort plans contemplated a tower, etc, etc, but gosh if it all isn’t a pretty big change!
And I have a feeling the construction is starting sooner than we think. Because I just got married at the Poly I am still in a Disney brides group. There are brides this summer with Luau Pointe weddings that are now being called to select an alternate location. Super short notice when invitations etc. are ordered so far in advance. I am so happy we picked the date we did- I would be super upset.

I'm so sad I won't be able to go back there on anniversaries to reminisce and take photos :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter