• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was able to "FINALLY" book my dining reservations. I still didn't get House of Blues. I tried even going directly to their site and nothing. UGH!!! Now I have to hope I can get one later. Does anyone know if they have finished with the refurb yet? I saw a few of the new pics.

I wanted to make a reservation here, too. Our trip is the end of August and they were only taking reservations thru June 30th.

I just did a search for reservations and July 1st isn't available, but you can get one for a table of 5 today, 30 minutes from now. So keep check as your date gets closer. That is what I am doing.

Do they show a number for the actual front desk for the resorts or no? I guess that would probably be too distracting for the people actually working the front desk since they get a lot of visitors there physically inquiring about things.

No. And even when you hit the Front Desk button on the phone in your resort room it also routes to the Call Center.

Do they show a number for the actual front desk for the resorts or no? I guess that would probably be too distracting for the people actually working the front desk since they get a lot of visitors there physically inquiring about things.
As far as I know there is no way to really get ahold of the front desk, unless you want to walk over there, and thats what I would probably do.

Just back. Stayed at Pop Century June 5-14. This was a first and probably once in a lifetime visit for us.

Transportation

Most of the time bus lines were short and we were on way in under 10 minutes. Two mornings lines were long and we caught an Uber for $10 each. Several times we also took Art of Animation's bus back to our resort because it was the first bus to show up and then just walked over the bridge.

Animal Kingdom 7:00am EMH. Arrived at bus stop at 6:05 am, just missed the first bus, four people on it. Second bus arrived 6:25, bus completely full but we arrived at AK around 6:45. Through bag check and ticket lines by 6:55. On Flight of Passage at 7:35. Done shortly before 8:00.

One evening tried to catch a bus from Hollywood Studios to Animal Kingdom for Evening EMH, that was a mistake. Line was way long. Talked to the CM manning the front of the bus line and she said, given our place in line, it would be at least an hour. So we ended up splitting a cab with another couple waiting in line. My suggestion would be - don't try to hop to AK Evening EMH using Disney transportation unless you plan on leaving well before park close.

Last night we closed down Magic Kingdom. Park closed at 11:00. We walked out at midnight. Because it was getting late, they had combined AoA and Pop bus lines. We were lucky and got on the bus right when it pulled up but several others weren't. The bus waited around until it was packed. My husband gave up his seat to a mother with a sleeping child. Just because you wait around in the park for an hour don't expect an empty bus or to get a seat.

As for Magical Express, this worked perfectly. Flight in was at 11:30 pm. We were at Pop 1 hour later. Flight out was at 7:30 am. Magical Express picked us up 4:30 am. DME was right on time and only picked up people from Pop Century. This service saved us $100 in taxi fees. All in all, we were happy with Disney Transportation.

Room Requests

We used Touring Plans to fax a room request and got a room 3 doors down from the one requested. Room #4442 is 60s top floor. Quiet and bug free. Great for hopping on either Pop or AoA's buses. Close to the food court.

The Room

Clean. Great housekeeping. Room in good repair, nothing obviously broken.

One downside - the beds were horrible like SQUEAKING LOUDLY every time you sat on them horrible. I'm a side sleeper and my shoulder hurt most mornings but I slept anyway because I was so exhausted from the parks. Brightside - the newly refurbished rooms appear to be getting better mattresses.

The Food Court

My husband and I are light eaters and ate the kid's meals most mornings. No problem ordering them even though we don't have kids. Favorite kid's meal came with 2 Mickey waffles, warm strawberries, 1 slice bacon, 1 sausage patty, chocolate milk and a package of sliced apples. $5.00! What a deal!

For dinner one night we split the roast turkey and mashed potatoes. Generous portion, moist meat; real potatoes, not instant.

I was also impressed with the tie-dyed cheesecake, the crumb cake and the chocolate croissants.

I can also confirm that you can get a case of 12 oz water bottles for $6.99. You have to ask for them and they'll bring you a case from the back.

Final Thoughts

The one real bummer about Pop Century is the mattresses and pillows. If the newly refurbished rooms have better mattresses and you could bring a pillow from home then I would consider Pop Century perfect for my needs.

Just back. Stayed at Pop Century June 5-14. This was a first and probably once in a lifetime visit for us.

Transportation

Most of the time bus lines were short and we were on way in under 10 minutes. Two mornings lines were long and we caught an Uber for $10 each. Several times we also took Art of Animation's bus back to our resort because it was the first bus to show up and then just walked over the bridge.

Animal Kingdom 7:00am EMH. Arrived at bus stop at 6:05 am, just missed the first bus, four people on it. Second bus arrived 6:25, bus completely full but we arrived at AK around 6:45. Through bag check and ticket lines by 6:55. On Flight of Passage at 7:35. Done shortly before 8:00.

One evening tried to catch a bus from Hollywood Studios to Animal Kingdom for Evening EMH, that was a mistake. Line was way long. Talked to the CM manning the front of the bus line and she said, given our place in line, it would be at least an hour. So we ended up splitting a cab with another couple waiting in line. My suggestion would be - don't try to hop to AK Evening EMH using Disney transportation unless you plan on leaving well before park close.

Last night we closed down Magic Kingdom. Park closed at 11:00. We walked out at midnight. Because it was getting late, they had combined AoA and Pop bus lines. We were lucky and got on the bus right when it pulled up but several others weren't. The bus waited around until it was packed. My husband gave up his seat to a mother with a sleeping child. Just because you wait around in the park for an hour don't expect an empty bus or to get a seat.

As for Magical Express, this worked perfectly. Flight in was at 11:30 pm. We were at Pop 1 hour later. Flight out was at 7:30 am. Magical Express picked us up 4:30 am. DME was right on time and only picked up people from Pop Century. This service saved us $100 in taxi fees. All in all, we were happy with Disney Transportation.

Room Requests

We used Touring Plans to fax a room request and got a room 3 doors down from the one requested. Room #4442 is 60s top floor. Quiet and bug free. Great for hopping on either Pop or AoA's buses. Close to the food court.

The Room

Clean. Great housekeeping. Room in good repair, nothing obviously broken.

One downside - the beds were horrible like SQUEAKING LOUDLY every time you sat on them horrible. I'm a side sleeper and my shoulder hurt most mornings but I slept anyway because I was so exhausted from the parks. Brightside - the newly refurbished rooms appear to be getting better mattresses.

The Food Court

My husband and I are light eaters and ate the kid's meals most mornings. No problem ordering them even though we don't have kids. Favorite kid's meal came with 2 Mickey waffles, warm strawberries, 1 slice bacon, 1 sausage patty, chocolate milk and a package of sliced apples. $5.00! What a deal!

For dinner one night we split the roast turkey and mashed potatoes. Generous portion, moist meat; real potatoes, not instant.

I was also impressed with the tie-dyed cheesecake, the crumb cake and the chocolate croissants.

I can also confirm that you can get a case of 12 oz water bottles for $6.99. You have to ask for them and they'll bring you a case from the back.

Final Thoughts

The one real bummer about Pop Century is the mattresses and pillows. If the newly refurbished rooms have better mattresses and you could bring a pillow from home then I would consider Pop Century perfect for my needs.
Thank you for your review! Sounds like you had a great trip. About mattress, I think they vary thru the resort. We stayed a night a few years ago, 3? And I remember how comfy the mattress was. I think you just got the short end of the stick.
I hope maybe by our trip in December the 60s will be refurbed.

Does anyone know what the purchase with purchase item is at Pop right now?

I really didn't pay much attention to it when I walked thru the POP gift shop an hour ago, but it appears to be a black Disney backpack with some kind of design on it. I believe it was $19.95. When I head back out to Epcot within the hour, I'll see if I have the time to take and post a picture of it.

I really didn't pay much attention to it when I walked thru the POP gift shop an hour ago, but it appears to be a black Disney backpack with some kind of design on it. I believe it was $19.95. When I head back out to Epcot within the hour, I'll see if I have the time to take and post a picture of it.

Thanks!

I bought one of those backpacks on our trip. Its pretty nice! Bigger than it looks. We got it so we could carry home all the souvenirs we purchased. :)

I wanted to make a reservation here, too. Our trip is the end of August and they were only taking reservations thru June 30th.

I just did a search for reservations and July 1st isn't available, but you can get one for a table of 5 today, 30 minutes from now. So keep check as your date gets closer. That is what I am doing.

I actually emailed them about that and they actually made the reservations for me. So I got the reservation I wanted. Always good to go outside the box. Plus it never hurts to ask.

I've never been to Pop before (or Disney World) and I have a quick question about Everything Pop food court. What are the side choices that you get offered with certain meals? Also do the menus change often?

I've never been to Pop before (or Disney World) and I have a quick question about Everything Pop food court. What are the side choices that you get offered with certain meals? Also do the menus change often?

The last 2 times I was there (Nov. & April-May) the sides for lunch and dinner at 2 of the counters was fries, pasta salad and coleslaw. I remember this because I can't eat either the salad or the coleslaw and I am not a fan of fries. One I think has veggies as I know I got beans and mash potatoes with my salmon meal. I don't remember the other counter. Sorry.

They allowed me once ot subsitute the children's sides when i was not feelign well which was a piece of fruit (banana, clementines) or a bag of grapes.

We were told in May we could substitute anything that was offered at any of the food stations. For example French fries, mashed potatoes or salad lots of choices. It's just a pain because you have to wait in another line to get a different side and if it's busy that can take a while.

The last 2 times I was there (Nov. & April-May) the sides for lunch and dinner at 2 of the counters was fries, pasta salad and coleslaw. I remember this because I can't eat either the salad or the coleslaw and I am not a fan of fries. One I think has veggies as I know I got beans and mash potatoes with my salmon meal. I don't remember the other counter. Sorry.
This is correct. There is also Caesar salad at the pasta/pizza counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter