Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI, they used to have cases. Now it's only 8-packs of 12oz bottles of Desani for $3.99.
I was there during Irma and we were able to get a case of 12 oz bottles. You have to ask for them, they are not in the case like at AoA

I was there during Irma and we were able to get a case of 12 oz bottles. You have to ask for them, they are not in the case like at AoA

Those were brought in for Irma. All resorts switched to the 8-packs about a month ago. And the cases are gone.

Just an FYI, they used to have cases. Now it's only 8-packs of 12oz bottles of Desani for $3.99.

12 oz bottles??? How many ounces are the ones that are sold in the parks? 20oz? 12 is not going to cut it. Erg.

Those were brought in for Irma. All resorts switched to the 8-packs about a month ago. And the cases are gone.

Wow, I'm shocked given how many folks have them delivered to the resort. I'd think they'd rather sell them rather than have to deal with getting the packages and delivering them to the rooms. At least the next trip is only 4 nights and just me and ds so that 8 pack should be okay just to have something in the room.

I bought a case six weeks ago and it was 24 small bottles for 6.95. They even offered to carry it to my room.

Hmm I didn’t get anything. Maybe it’s still coming. We have been home for a week. I’ll keep an eye out. Thanks for the response

You actually should have received it right when you opted to skip daily housekeeping. It's meant for you to use/enjoy during your trip.

12 oz bottles??? How many ounces are the ones that are sold in the parks? 20oz? 12 is not going to cut it. Erg.
You guys know that any CS or cart that serves fountain drinks will give you a free cup of ice water, right? Won't help in the room but I carried an insulated water bottle with me last trip and filled it up whenever I needed.

You actually should have received it right when you opted to skip daily housekeeping. It's meant for you to use/enjoy during your trip.

This.

I also opted out of mouse keeping for the gift card offer. They didn't offer it to me at check in and I forgot to ask becuase I had a headache from melting my brain in animal kingdoms heat so I called later and had it added. Well they didn't add it right. I happened to mention not they email yet getting email to the concierge when I was using some of my physical gift cards to pay off some of my charges and he said I should have gotten it right away. Well when he looked into it it wasn't added correctly. If I hadn't mentioned it I would have missed out. I ended up getting credit to my account instead because it was easier but if you didn't get an email right away I'd say there's a problem.

Wow, discounts are sure getting stingy. WDW prob only put aside a very small % of rooms for discounts.
Yes, Wow, all the value resorts went within a couple hours or less the morning they came out....so frustrating! But, we do have our rooms, so I guess that's something. But gee whiz, come on Disney....give more folks a break...please!

I just looked at room only deals again for our dates and All-Star Sports is on there now. It wasn't on there before. It would save us around $200, but I'm still going to stick with POP. I'm really excited about the refurbished rooms, but if anyone else is interested my dates are Feb 27-March 4.

It's good news that some of the resorts have deals popping up that weren't there before, though.

I also see our first night at POP for room only is available, but that won't work for us because we need that TS meal to carry over so we can eat in the castle.
We are there Feb. 24th through March 5th. Was really hoping for the PSD deal, but no luck. We are still happy to be staying at Pop, it's our favorite resort.

I'm in the same boat. I really want to be in the 50's, but it won't be done by the first week of March. At least I can still walk over there and enjoy the bowling pool!
Me three...love the 50's but will try for a renovated room, if not we are happy either way.

I'm the same as you. We book our flights first for the cheapest that we can get. Then we decide on a hotel based on those dates and pick a hotel that meets our needs/budget requirement for that particular stay. For example, last year we had set dates because of our honeymoon and we spent a little extra on a hotel. Next year we are taking our niece and her mom so our budget is lower and we chose POP. I'm not changing my reservation even though I have found 0 offers for POP. I'm just going to pay the 171/night and be okay with that. I honestly don't think 171/night is bad for everything you get at Disney.
Funny, I do it the opposite way. I always book the room first, knowing I have options with flight times. :)

We booked at Pop for early January. It will be the second time I've stayed here and first for the rest of my party. I'm excited to see the new rooms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter