Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I check into Pop tomorrow and I’ll try to post some details on the refurb.

Have a great trip! :goodvibes

Now time to be one of those, when your there could you... :rotfl: Just kidding, I'd never be one of those those people, but if I was I probably would have asked if you could check how much lockers cost if your ever find yourself around them. 😉

Here. Pool demo started Tuesday. It’s been drained and they are currently breaking up all the bottom of it. The whole area of hippy dippy pool including kiddie area is closed.

Here. Pool demo started Tuesday. It’s been drained and they are currently breaking up all the bottom of it. The whole area of hippy dippy pool including kiddie area is closed.
Thanks for the update! Checking in on 2/8. Do you have a recommendation for which building to stay in? Thinking of the 70's to be close to Skyliner.

Thanks for the update! Checking in on 2/8. Do you have a recommendation for which building to stay in? Thinking of the 70's to be close to Skyliner.
We requested 60s Lakeview. Though 70s wouldn't be too bad either. Bit further from the food court though

Thanks so much for posting what is actually happening as the Disney website has incorrect information posted!

@dawnball, looks like I gave you incorrect information. Sorry about that!

Update: I just emailed the Pop GM and requested clarification and advised of the misinformation on the Disney website. I'll post here if/when I hear back. They're very good about responding to the emails sent to the GM address.

Last edited:
we requested 70s, lakeview. but 60s lakeview would get you close to skyliner too. I had touringplans fax my actual room request (I specifically want room 6113), so I hope I get it!

Aww bummer! I'm really glad now that I had a funny feeling about mentioning the kiddie area to my toddler before we arrived!

seriously, it definitely says the kiddie pool will remain open during construction! well that changes some of our plans 🙄
The kiddie pool is definitely not something to write home about. Hopefully they will be upgrading it during the reno. The other pools do have small life jackets, though.

The kiddie pool is definitely not something to write home about. Hopefully they will be upgrading it during the reno. The other pools do have small life jackets, though.
oh I know it's nothing special, but it suited our needs. Even with a life vest, my 5 year old isn't great in the water. She has more fun in splash pad type things.

oh I know it's nothing special, but it suited our needs. Even with a life vest, my 5 year old isn't great in the water. She has more fun in splash pad type things.

Agreed!! My almost 2 year old LOVED the kiddie pool last summer...we actually never even went into the big pool she loved it so much. Hoping the kiddie pool is open by beginning of April, as we also used the information on the Disney website as "oh well if the big pool isn't open, the kiddie pool will be!" I know the smaller pools are open, but she really loved the kiddie pool!

we requested 70s, lakeview. but 60s lakeview would get you close to skyliner too. I had touringplans fax my actual room request (I specifically want room 6113), so I hope I get it!

I arrive on 2/2, standard room, and just requested 70s first, 50s second in online check in, but I've had 6113 in mind as my ideal location, too!

I did not request 60s because there are so few standard rooms there and I think lots of people request them, so odds of getting one aren't as good. 70s is my favorite section anyway.

I arrive on 2/2, standard room, and just requested 70s first, 50s second in online check in, but I've had 6113 in mind as my ideal location, too!

I did not request 60s because there are so few standard rooms there and I think lots of people request them, so odds of getting one aren't as good. 70s is my favorite section anyway.
oh no, you're gonna take my room!! :rotfl2:

This is why I did not request 60s. I figured the odds were better for my choices in the 70s. Plus, there is the nostalgia factor for me in the 70s!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter