Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure the answer is ‘no’ but I have to ask.

Has anyone successfully move a 2020 trip that has the 35% room discount attached to it, into 2021 and kept the discount?

My answer (as I knew it would be) was no. But it never hurts to ask. :goodvibes

I bet we will hear a few reports of people being able to do this in the next few months, because there will always be some pixie dusted phone encounters. You never know when the right person at the right time will answer the phone and make all your discounted dreams come true. lol.

I just got an email from Priceline. It says "Disney has notified us that your hotel may be closed on your travel dates". I'm checking in July 17th, Pop is scheduled to open the 10th. Has anyone else gotten something saying Pop may not open on time after all? Is this just PL covering their butts?

Just double checking. Are there any other transportation options to HS and Epcot provided by Disney besides the Skyliners? I’m claustrophobic and don’t think I can get on them but would still like to be able to go to those parks without having to Uber if possible.

Just double checking. Are there any other transportation options to HS and Epcot provided by Disney besides the Skyliners? I’m claustrophobic and don’t think I can get on them but would still like to be able to go to those parks without having to Uber if possible.
If transportation continues as it did pre-shutdown, Buses will still run at approx 1/hour. You may wish to confirm this on the transportation board. There may also be discussions there from others who are challenged with claustrophobia and the skyliner.

I just got an email from Priceline. It says "Disney has notified us that your hotel may be closed on your travel dates". I'm checking in July 17th, Pop is scheduled to open the 10th. Has anyone else gotten something saying Pop may not open on time after all? Is this just PL covering their butts?
On June 24th, I got the Action Required before returning to the magic email from Disney. I booked directly through them. The email verbiage sounded like pre-park opening where it mentioned only DVC + FW would be open. I'm staying at Pop on July 11th and my reservation hasn't been changed. I'm not expecting it to change unless way too many people postpone their trips.

When Pop Century Resort initially opens, these food items may not be available.

Disney’s Pop Century Resort
Everything Pop Food Court
Breakfast Menu
House-made Chocolate-Chip Pancakes
House-made Mixed Berry Pancakes
House-made Vanilla Pancakes
Pancake Bounty Platter
Western Omelet
All Day Breakfast Waffle Platter
Grits
Turkey Bacon
Pancakes (Kids’ Menu)
Mini Sugar Cookies
Mini Chocolate-Chip Cookies
Mini Brownies
Cinnamon Roll
Chocolate Croissant
Danish Assortment
Doughnut Holes
Selection of Daily Bagels
Croissant
Chocolate Frosted Doughnut
Glazed Doughnut
Yogurt Parfait featuring Seasonal Fruit

If anyone is at Pop Century Resort when it opens, could you take photos of the different breakfast & dinner menus above each of the four food counters. And photos of the refridgerator drink & food & bakery doors?

Last edited:
I was able to switch my Nov res from All Star Music, which will not be open at that time a cast member said, to Pop, online and with no difficulty. They would not have allowed me to switch if it was not going to be open.

Does anyone know if guests will be able to move between resorts to purchase QS meals?

I don't see why can't "walk" through the three resort's shared parking lots whenever they open all three of them. Only Pop is scheduled to open first, initially. And initially, those that drive into the resort might ask if you have a room reservation.

Last edited:
View attachment 506320

I don't see why can't "walk" through the three resort's shared parking lots whenever they open all three of them.
Thanks so much but I’m more so looking in the near future when the parks first open up. The picture you shared is of the All Star resorts which have no opening date announced.

I’m more looking at soon. As a guest at Pop will I still be allowed to walk across The bridge to AoA and eat there? Will I be allowed to take the Skyliner to Caribbean Beach or Riviera to eat at there or go further to the Epcot resorts and eat there?

With Pop (and I’m guessing other resorts) greatly reducing the options on their menus it would be nice to have variety. We’re currently booked for 10 days in Sep. If the only resort I’m allowed to eat QS at it Pop, that would get old fast and even faster with their reduced menu.

Thanks so much but I’m more so looking in the near future when the parks first open up. The picture you shared is of the All Star resorts which have no opening date announced.

I’m more looking at soon. As a guest at Pop will I still be allowed to walk across The bridge to AoA and eat there? Will I be allowed to take the Skyliner to Caribbean Beach or Riviera to eat at there or go further to the Epcot resorts and eat there?

With Pop (and I’m guessing other resorts) greatly reducing the options on their menus it would be nice to have variety. We’re currently booked for 10 days in Sep. If the only resort I’m allowed to eat QS at it Pop, that would get old fast and even faster with their reduced menu.
Not from personal experience but I watched this vlogger’s experience. He is staying at Saratoga but eats at Polynesian and Beach Club, so I don’t see why not.

I'm sorry, I misread your post. I thought you were talking about staying at All-Star resort.

I’m more looking at soon. As a guest at Pop will I still be allowed to walk across The bridge to AoA and eat there?

I don't know if this is accurate, but since Pop is supposed to open July 10.

And Disney’s Art of Animation Resort is supposed to open August 12.

And Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort is supposed to open July 29

And Disney’s Riviera Resort was opened on June 22.

And Disney’s Skyliner set to open on July 15.

Edit to add - July 4, 2020

And if you can make reservations at sit-down restaurants or travel by Skyliner, you might be able to visit QS, too...I hope.

I've read live reports of guests traveling via WDW Bus to Disney Springs to Riviera sit-down restaurant and others to Quick-Service places.

For drivers, some resort gate entrance guards were asking for dining or resort reservation proof to enter a resort.

I think by September with the parks and more resorts open you should be able to dine at more places...I hope.

Here is some Googled info:

Monorail (MK) set to open on July 11.

Monorail (EPCOT) does not currently have an opening date.

Skyliner set to open on July 15.

Resort boats at Poly/Wilderness open July 11.

Sassagoula boats and Friendship Boats do not have an opening date.

Will I be allowed to take the Skyliner to Caribbean Beach or Riviera to eat at there or go further to the Epcot resorts and eat there?

[/QUOTE]

Transportation Options that Will and Will Not be Available to Guests when Walt Disney World Parks Reopen By Jess Watkins - June 30, 2020

The Skyliner that made it’s debut last September will be open and running for guests to travel between Disney’s Riviera Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Hollywood Studios, and Epcot.

Guests staying at Disney’s Boardwalk and Disney’s Beach Club Resort can walk to Epcot and take one of the Skyliner’s themed gondolas from Epcot to Hollywood Studios.

Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort that are also accessible via the Skyliner is scheduled to open later this summer. You can find information on their reopening dates

In addition we currently plan to open the following Disney Resort hotels to booked Guests on the following dates.

Please note that given the fluidity of the current environment, these dates are subject to change and Guests’ reservations could still be modified to other Disney Resort hotels if needed.

July 10Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Contemporary Resort
July 29Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
August 12Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
August 24Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
September 21Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
October 1Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
October 14Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Given the current situation, there are some Disney Resort hotels and other areas that are not, as of this time, being scheduled for reopening yet. We will continue to evaluate the situation and reopen more locations when the environment is right to do so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter