• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 weeks until check in! :cool1: Looking into breakfasts at the resort, does anyone have a list of snack credit options for breakfast at the food court? I tried googling menus, but nothing lists what counts for snacks. TIA!

From Allears.net

http://allears.net/din/quick-service-dining-plan.htm

Snack Entitlements:

• Snacks are no longer determined based on price. Here are some examples of items now considered snacks: any soup at a Quick Service location; any ice cream novelties; any hand-scooped ice cream (including sundaes) with two scoops or less of ice cream and NOT in a souvenir container; anything listed as a side at a Quick Service location; any single-serve, non-alcoholic beverage that's not in a souvenir container.
  • You can now also use a snack credit for the following breakfast items: cereal, French toast sticks, oatmeal or quinoa, grits, biscuits and gravy, hard-boiled eggs or a side of bacon, sausage, potatoes or eggs.

We just received this from POP. This was kind of them to explain the situation before we arrived.

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney’s Pop Century Resort!

Walt Disney once spoke of how his creations would never be complete as long as there is imagination left in the world. It is in this spirit that we have embarked on some refurbishment projects across the Resort including creating a new transportation system, Disney Skyliner, which will give Guests a bird’s-eye view of Walt Disney World® Resort while traveling via gondolas. This transportation system will connect future Guests of Disney’s Pop Century Resort with Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, the International Gateway at Epcot® and other Resorts.

While we work our magic, the Resort will be in full operation with all amenities available to you, including our dining, merchandise and recreation locations. It is possible that you may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am. We apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please know we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment.

If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent.

bullet.gif

For reservations made through Disney Reservation Center or disneyworld.com, please call 407-939-7805 between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).

bullet.gif

For reservations made through Disney Vacation Club® Member Services, please call 800-800-9800 or 407-566-3800 between the hours of 9:00am-7:30pm (ET) Monday through Friday or 9:00am-5:30pm (ET) Saturday and Sunday.

bullet.gif

If you booked your vacation through a travel agent, please contact your travel agent directly.

General Manager Jeff Korte and his team at Disney’s Pop Century Resort look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!

Sincerely,

Disney Destinations LLC

We just received this from POP. This was kind of them to explain the situation before we arrived.

We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney’s Pop Century Resort!

Walt Disney once spoke of how his creations would never be complete as long as there is imagination left in the world. It is in this spirit that we have embarked on some refurbishment projects across the Resort including creating a new transportation system, Disney Skyliner, which will give Guests a bird’s-eye view of Walt Disney World® Resort while traveling via gondolas. This transportation system will connect future Guests of Disney’s Pop Century Resort with Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, the International Gateway at Epcot® and other Resorts.

I just received one of these messages for my two night stay in October. Now wondering if I should switch to another resort.

I got the same email today. I find it interesting that the only thing that is specifically mentioned is the gondola construction and not the renovations that are being done to all of the rooms.

I just received one of these messages for my two night stay in October. Now wondering if I should switch to another resort.
I think it's overall a head's up about skyliner construction starting. I'm staying at pop and aoa in Oct and received 2 emails. I don't anticipate any added issues aside from maybe restricted bridge access.

got it as well today for our stay in Nov. Weird that it only lists the gondola's and not the room refurb

I think it's overall a head's up about skyliner construction starting. I'm staying at pop and aoa in Oct and received 2 emails. I don't anticipate any added issues aside from maybe restricted bridge access.
Oh I certainly hope the generation bridge is open. I wanted to go walking and visit aoa

From Allears.net

http://allears.net/din/quick-service-dining-plan.htm

Snack Entitlements:

• Snacks are no longer determined based on price. Here are some examples of items now considered snacks: any soup at a Quick Service location; any ice cream novelties; any hand-scooped ice cream (including sundaes) with two scoops or less of ice cream and NOT in a souvenir container; anything listed as a side at a Quick Service location; any single-serve, non-alcoholic beverage that's not in a souvenir container.
  • You can now also use a snack credit for the following breakfast items: cereal, French toast sticks, oatmeal or quinoa, grits, biscuits and gravy, hard-boiled eggs or a side of bacon, sausage, potatoes or eggs.

My DD9 loves the mickey waffles, but will not eat the sides. We are on the regular dining plan and am wondering if maybe they would allow the waffles by themselves as a snack credit. Our plan is to use snack credits for breakfast, CS for lunch, and TS for dinner.

I'm staying in November and got the e-mail as well. My thinking is that they expect gondola construction to impact guests much more than the room renovations, and maybe that's why people with sooner reservations aren't being notified.

I received the email as well, I'm thinking those going in September that didn't get the email is probably because it won't be started at POP at that time so will not effect your stay.

My DD9 loves the mickey waffles, but will not eat the sides. We are on the regular dining plan and am wondering if maybe they would allow the waffles by themselves as a snack credit. Our plan is to use snack credits for breakfast, CS for lunch, and TS for dinner.
as far as i know, that's not an option. It wasn't allowed when we were there this past Feb.

as far as i know, that's not an option. It wasn't allowed when we were there this past Feb.

I'm figuring as much, but will ask just in case I get a pixie dust giving Cm...lol! I could have her get the waffle meal and grab a "snack" uncrustable at the food court and bring it with us for her lunch :-)

Yes, it happens. But it is very rare.

I called again and spoke with the nicest CM ever who worked 2 years at POP (how lucky!). Since I had a 2 nights preferred room followed by a package with free dining, he changed my first reservation to a standard room and made sure there was a request for the 80s section. He wrote a note in both reservations about it being a continuing reservation so hopefully we will be able to stay in the same room but he did try to get me a standard room for the second reservation, he clearly knew this was going to be a problem with my request, but unfortunatly my date did not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter