Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the Skyliner goes down during the day and they have the buses at the BWI Bus Depot to take Guests exiting the IG back to the Skyliner Resorts,can Guests take that bus BACK to BWI from the Skyliner Resorts in addition to taking buses from the Skyliner Resorts to the Epcot Bus Depot and the DHS Bus Depot?
I would anticipate the buses would only go to the actual bus depots at the parks, not other resorts. You may wish to ask this on the transportation board though as there are a number of people there who have a lot of knowledge about Disney transportation.

Just added another Pop night to our stay and was able to get the recovery20 rate :)
We are going to SeaWorld now one day. I had no idea they give free tickets to military/veterans FYI! We can even get discount on dining day pass
What is the recovery rate?

What is the recovery rate?
The recovery rate is a discount that was given to guests who originally had trips booked with a Free Dining Offer. When Disney cancelled dining plans in May they changed these offers into a Recovery Rate and gave those guests a room discount in place of free dining.

Most like three prong. I was just watching a Copper Creek (which I think was built before Pop was renovated) video and they're all three prong, mostly with USB ports.

I will be at POP 8/27-30 and the only park we are going to is Epcot. Any suggestions on the best time to queue up at the Skyliner to get to Epcot for opening? And do you have to queue at POP and wait for the Epcot line to start or do you go over to CBR and queue up there? Thanks!

Have they put out a resort activity calendar at all? We will be staying 8/26-8/28 with a lot of resort time check in and check out day and I'm wondering what will be available other than the pools.

I will be at POP 8/27-30 and the only park we are going to is Epcot. Any suggestions on the best time to queue up at the Skyliner to get to Epcot for opening? And do you have to queue at POP and wait for the Epcot line to start or do you go over to CBR and queue up there? Thanks!
Get on skyliner at Pop around 10ish. By then the HS people have left and you can just walk on. There was almost no line at the transfer point to get to EPCOT. They don't run skyliner to EPCOT till about 1020 with the intention of getting you there at 1030 (we arrived about 1032). If you get there early it really confuses the CMs because there's no place to line up. They start temp screening and letting you enter the park at 1045. There will be a bit of a line at Epcot to get in because of the people walking over but it's not bad at all. One day we took skyliner to HS and walked to EPCOT to try to beat some of those people and while we were first in line, we waited forever and it wasn't worth it. Too hot to walk that far.

In addition to what @koquinn said, you get on the Skyliner at Pop. It takes you to the CBR station. (There were only 2 benches to sit on. Outside of the queues. I say this Because we were stuck at CBR station for 55 minutes.) There are signs that tell you which queue to get in at the stations. Some stations required you to get off and reboard. From Epcot to Riviera to CBR, we didn’t have to get off. But at CBR everyone had to get off and reboard.

Have they put out a resort activity calendar at all? We will be staying 8/26-8/28 with a lot of resort time check in and check out day and I'm wondering what will be available other than the pools.

They have not. But I heard activities going on as we passed by the pool. When it rained, they didn’t do activities. In the past, they’d bring in activities indoors.

Movies are available several nights a week.

Other than Disney Springs, there isn’t much to do after the parks close. We ate dinners in the room, watched tv, and went to bed early. And got up early. Suited me just fine, but dh and ds prefer to sleep in and stay up late.

Are you currently able to ride the skyliner from Pop to Hollywood Studios before park opening? What time has the skyliner started running?

Are you currently able to ride the skyliner from Pop to Hollywood Studios before park opening? What time has the skyliner started running?
I think I posted this above but if you're in line for skyliner at Pop between 8-815 you'll be in HS by 915-930, at least with current crowds. Pop skyliner starts going at about 845 (posted at 9 but it started early almost every day we were here). The transfer station line is quite quick, less than 10 minutes because you get in front of all the people at Caribbean Beach. The best time we made was to be in the temp check line at 912 at HS. They start temp checks at 915 at HS and let you into the park right away after that. Plenty of time to get a BG at 10a.

I think I posted this above but if you're in line for skyliner at Pop between 8-815 you'll be in HS by 915-930, at least with current crowds. Pop skyliner starts going at about 845 (posted at 9 but it started early almost every day we were here). The transfer station line is quite quick, less than 10 minutes because you get in front of all the people at Caribbean Beach. The best time we made was to be in the temp check line at 912 at HS. They start temp checks at 915 at HS and let you into the park right away after that. Plenty of time to get a BG at 10a.
How is the line set up at CBR where you get in front of them? Are there two separate lines?

How is the line set up at CBR where you get in front of them? Are there two separate lines?
They are coming up the ramp but you're already on the platform when you get off skyliner. They do merge the 2 Iines, but it seemed like the Pop people got priority much like fp. I guess maybe they assume we've already waited in line at our resort so getting sent to the back of another resort line wouldn't be quite fair.

How late does the Skyliner run after park closing? We are doing 50’s Primetime at 6:40 (HS closes at 7:00).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter