Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Hey all,

So staying at Pop in late summer. We will not be on the dining plan because it doesn't make sense to us. My son is autistic and has a few peculiarities when it comes to food.
My question is, can you still request a microwave in room? Heard some persons say its no longer due to it being deemed a fire hazard.
Wondering is Disney may consider the request given the circumstances.
Thanks

Hey all,

So staying at Pop in late summer. We will not be on the dining plan because it doesn't make sense to us. My son is autistic and has a few peculiarities when it comes to food.
My question is, can you still request a microwave in room? Heard some persons say its no longer due to it being deemed a fire hazard.
Thanks

No personal experience but I have heard of people still being able to get microwaves in room. Worst case scenario if they don’t have one you can use the one in the food court or be on a list to get one later in trip if it becomes available.
Hope you get one.

Hey all,

Thanks
Sorry but microwaves are not permitted in rooms at Pop. They have never been provided or permitted.

There are microwaves available in the food court for guests to use from 7AM to 11PM.

Well that’s odd considering how many people I have seen say they have gotten a microwave by asking mainly for medical needs It isn’t going to hurt asking the resort. Worst they can say is no but I have honestly seen many many reports of people getting them just like they get refrigerators or box fans. I don’t think they have many of them and they prioritize medical requests. I have seen people getting them from the resort for celiac and even needs from having a baby. That being said I don’t know if they will have them anymore or when you go. I definitely would not take any of my own appliances since they don’t allow that and the food court has them as scrappinginontario stated.

Well that’s odd considering how many people I have seen say they have gotten a microwave by asking mainly for medical needs It isn’t going to hurt asking the resort. Worst they can say is no but I have honestly seen many many reports of people getting them just like they get refrigerators or box fans. I don’t think they have many of them and they prioritize medical requests. I have seen people getting them from the resort for celiac and even needs from having a baby. That being said I don’t know if they will have them anymore or when you go. I definitely would not take any of my own appliances since they don’t allow that and the food court has them as scrappinginontario stated.
I have never heard of what you've experienced. Did you personally request a microwave from Pop and have them supply one to your room? When they were not available in the food court I know many asked and to the best of my knowledge the answer was always no.

Is there anyone here who has personally requested a microwave at Pop and had them deliver one to your room?

I'm always looking to learn.

Hi all,
Thanks for the replies.
A few message boards around the internet seem to suggest persons have requested and received in room microwaves.
I will make a request and Sue said, the most they will say is no.

Thanks again

Hi all,
Thanks for the replies.
A few message boards around the internet seem to suggest persons have requested and received in room microwaves.

Thanks again
This thread is specific to Pop Century. I’m looking for personal experiences of people here who have requested a microwave for their room.

If someone here has personally had Pop CMs deliver a microwave to their room I will update the information on page 1. ‘Read on the internet’ is not what I’m looking for as we all know how that goes….

This thread is specific to Pop Century. I’m looking for personal experiences of people here who have requested a microwave for their room.

If someone here has personally had Pop CMs deliver a microwave to their room I will update the information on page 1. ‘Read on the internet’ is not what I’m looking for as we all know how that goes….
I will surely report back on my request, positive or negative.

I have never heard of what you've experienced. Did you personally request a microwave from Pop and have them supply one to your room? When they were not available in the food court I know many asked and to the best of my knowledge the answer was always no.

Is there anyone here who has personally requested a microwave at Pop and had them deliver one to your room?

I agree with you. I've read where people pass one around by saying "I have one and will be leaving on Date X if someone would like to coordinate" and thus have one illegally. But I've never heard of it being an option even for medical.

They are in family suites at Music or AoA or in villas, so if it's 100% mandatory to have one 24/7, it may be worth looking into those options.

Hi all,
Thanks for the replies.

Thanks again
Very possible.

During Covid when Everything Pop Food Court removed the Microwaves and Toasters,Pop did bring in a limited number of Microwaves for Guests to use in room on request.

If these reports are recent,Pop must have decided that since they had the Covid Microwaves still in house even after the Food Court Microwaves returned,they may as well continue to make them available to Guests on request.

BEFORE Covid,I had never heard of any Microwaves for Guests available on request at Pop.

Over at AoA,there have been occasional reports of Guests requesting Microwaves in Little Mermaid successfully for years-that makes sense since AoA stocks Microwaves for the Suites and would likely always have inventory.

There is a Fountain Drink dispenser on the left side of Petals they installed a few years ago that is available 24/7.

No Coffee/Tea/Hot Chocolate.

I think they probably installed it in response to the All-Stars having their Beverage Islands in their Food Courts available 24/7.
Is the one at Pop outside of the pool fence? I know the one at AoA is inside the pool fence (or at least it still was when we were there in 2022) so once the pool was closed for the night, the gate was locked and you couldn't access the refill station. I thought Pop was the same way, but it's been a lot longer since we stayed there.

Is the one at Pop outside of the pool fence? I know the one at AoA is inside the pool fence (or at least it still was when we were there in 2022) so once the pool was closed for the night, the gate was locked and you couldn't access the refill station. I thought Pop was the same way, but it's been a lot longer since we stayed there.
Petals has always been outside the Pool fence.

The Drop Off was behind the Pool fence at one time IIRC,but not anymore.

I stayed at Pop with my niece and nephew last June and we requested and received a microwave for our room. We used it to heat up breakfast items every morning. I believe they have a limited supply, but I had no trouble getting one when we were there. Just ask when you check in.

I stayed at Pop with my niece and nephew last June and we requested and received a microwave for our room. We used it to heat up breakfast items every morning. I believe they have a limited supply, but I had no trouble getting one when we were there. Just ask when you check in.
Thanks-sounds like they are definitely keeping the Covid microwaves available.

Great to know.

Wondering if anyone has recent experience with taking Mears Connect to Pop? Were you the first stop? Looking at options for mid April now. We have a six year old, so it's easy to take a shuttle because then we don't need a booster seat. But we have a long day of flights arriving around 5pm so would like to get there sooner than later.

Usually it’s AOA, POP and CBR however if it’s late at night it may be different and going back to the airport I’ve had it be AOA, POP, Riviera and CBR.

I was wondering on the counter service dining plan if at pop you can use your mug and therefore not need a drink and swap it out for a snack like you used to be able to do? Anyone able to do this recently? Thanks

I was wondering on the counter service dining plan if at pop you can use your mug and therefore not need a drink and swap it out for a snack like you used to be able to do? Anyone able to do this recently? Thanks
Unfortunately I don't believe this is an option. I have not heard of any swapping being allowed other than a guest may use 2 QS credits for a TS.

I miss the days of swapping 1 QS for 3 snacks.

What I do is grab a bottle of soda or water with my breakfast for the drink with the meal. Then I put that in my bag for the park and use my mug for what I actually drink with my meal.

What I do is grab a bottle of soda or water with my breakfast for the drink with the meal. Then I put that in my bag for the park and use my mug for what I actually drink with my meal.
This is what I do as well. I'm far less likely to drink sugary drinks in the park so I just grab a bottle of water to have in my bag. I know water is available at qs locations for free but when you are standing in line you don't want to leave for water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter