Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

How quick did the buses show up?
The CMs were in conversation with "the weather department" for about 7-8 minutes to see if the storm would move away or fall apart before it got to CBR. While they were having those conversations, they were counting how many people were in line and letting dispatch know how many buses they would need. Once they decided the storm wasn't going to disappear, they called the buses and they were there in 5 minutes. Our driver said her job was to sit in a lot a few minutes away and be on standby in case Skyliner went down. Even with that delay at CBR, we still got to DHS the same time as our son and his family who had walked out of their room at Pop just as the Skyliner went down.

Just left a pop stay. Requested 50’s and when we arrived I told the front desk 50’s 60’s or 70’s. Ended up with building 8 back side one of the last few rooms in the far corner of the resort. Quite the hike. Didn’t even go inside the resort past the main building until the 3rd day when we took the skyliner to Epcot. Room was just fine and we walked thru the parking lots to get to the bus stops. Weather forced us to get off at riviera and no one was told where to go. Most people just stayed at the station but we went to riviera bus stops and told all the people walking to the skyliner that it was down. We waited a very long time at riviera for a bus and one finally came that stopped at Caribbean beach first so only a few of us could get on standing room only. Luckily we did get because we were first people there. People kind of rushed the bus. We missed early entry but not a huge issue. They really do need to have a way to notify people about skyliner going down. Especially with our room being so far away it was a guessing game. Even checking the app was not helpful as when we knew the skyliner was down at a bus stop it still said for people to take the skyliner. We swam a bit after going to the park our last day before our airport transportation came. The showers at the main pool were quite primitive - cool water only and only one of the two had a place to set stuff to stay dry. They did have the same products as the room showers have (shower gel and shampoo and conditioner). Our flight is majorly delayed tonight so spending many hours at the airport waiting and hoping it does not get cancelled.

The CM was who told me to get a bus at the front of the park. I hadn't noticed it not running until I got out there. I seem to recall it not being a pleasant conversation, which I get a lot of people are going to show up to use it but put a sign at the exit and I wouldn't have left the park that way.

They really need to do push notifications with what to do and be more proactive about it. I realize getting busses there as quick as people would like will be hard but they need to do better when the skyliner goes down.
They "usually" put a "sandwich board" sign by the bridge to France directing Guests to the Epcot Bus Depot.

And a couple of years ago,the below sign was at the IG Skyliner Station.

Bottom line is it seems Disney doesn't know from day to day what they will do when Skyliner goes down!

1715965775851.png

Halloween activities? We are planning to be there October 31st - does POP host any special fun for the holiday?

Just left a pop stay. Requested 50’s and when we arrived I told the front desk 50’s 60’s or 70’s. Ended up with building 8 back side one of the last few rooms in the far corner of the resort. Quite the hike. Didn’t even go inside the resort past the main building until the 3rd day when we took the skyliner to Epcot. Room was just fine and we walked thru the parking lots to get to the bus stops. Weather forced us to get off at riviera and no one was told where to go. Most people just stayed at the station but we went to riviera bus stops and told all the people walking to the skyliner that it was down. We waited a very long time at riviera for a bus and one finally came that stopped at Caribbean beach first so only a few of us could get on standing room only. Luckily we did get because we were first people there. People kind of rushed the bus. We missed early entry but not a huge issue. They really do need to have a way to notify people about skyliner going down. Especially with our room being so far away it was a guessing game. Even checking the app was not helpful as when we knew the skyliner was down at a bus stop it still said for people to take the skyliner. We swam a bit after going to the park our last day before our airport transportation came. The showers at the main pool were quite primitive - cool water only and only one of the two had a place to set stuff to stay dry. They did have the same products as the room showers have (shower gel and shampoo and conditioner). Our flight is majorly delayed tonight so spending many hours at the airport waiting and hoping it does not get cancelled.
Please contact WDW guest services about the skyliner. I have written them also, since it's very logical to use the MDE app to give customers a place to look if the skyliner is down. WDW does a very bad job on handling this.

Please contact WDW guest services about the skyliner. I have written them also, since it's very logical to use the MDE app to give customers a place to look if the skyliner is down. WDW does a very bad job on handling this.
I think I will email guest services for what good it will do. If they get enough they may finally address it

Perfect, thank you!
Yes @HappyGal the link info @scrappinginontario posted is accurate. I wasn't around for the afternoon Halloween activities but did watch some of the costume contest and dance party in the evening. I didn't do the trick or treat trail but spoke with a few families who did and said it was fun and the treats were decent. I really enjoy staying at Pop over Halloween. And Pop also takes part in the Disney resorts pumpkin decorating employee contest so make sure you check out and vote for your favorite pumpkin. The pumpkins are displayed in the food court. If you go and stay at Pop at Halloween I am sure you and your family will have a good time.

I might be searching the wrong terms, but has anyone used Walmart+ "InHome" delivery for groceries to Pop? I am talking about the tipping not required option done by Walmart employees in a Walmart van. Says it's an available option to Pop, while its "InHome" I always leave a note to leave on the porch but would change the note to Bell Services for this trip. I find my order arrives in much better condition and temperature than the personal vehicle delivery options. I've had drivers put frozen stuff in their non-AC trunk on hot days to arrive melted and unusable so avoid that.

Going to WDW in July for the first time in a decade and staying at pop for the first time. I'm pretty confused about all of the room choices, parking locations, and the posts about skyliner. I have a recently broken ankle (will be renting etc in parks) and am a bit concerned about the walking/waiting in line. Any tips or tricks for that? Suggestions on where to stay to minimize that walking but still not be kept up by noise? Other than being sure to request a NONadjoining room, I'm lost. Also, am I correct in understanding that if skyliner is running there are no busses going to EP or DHS? And for people who want to be at the park for rope drop, it seems like you need to be in line for skyliner 30 minutes+ before it starts running?? Thanks, everyone for any/all help and suggestions!! Disney has changed so much since I was there last; it is a bit overwhelming!

Going to WDW in July for the first time in a decade and staying at pop for the first time. I'm pretty confused about all of the room choices, parking locations, and the posts about skyliner. I have a recently broken ankle (will be renting etc in parks) and am a bit concerned about the walking/waiting in line. Any tips or tricks for that? Suggestions on where to stay to minimize that walking but still not be kept up by noise? Other than being sure to request a NONadjoining room, I'm lost. Also, am I correct in understanding that if skyliner is running there are no busses going to EP or DHS? And for people who want to be at the park for rope drop, it seems like you need to be in line for skyliner 30 minutes+ before it starts running?? Thanks, everyone for any/all help and suggestions!! Disney has changed so much since I was there last; it is a bit overwhelming!
Great to hear you’ll be at WDW soon and staying at Pop!!

I would highly recommend you rent a scooter from an outside company for length of stay rather than just in the parks. There is a lot of walking at the resort and from transportation to the park entrances.

You can request a location at Pop but the resort runs at full capacity most of the time so there is no guarantee where you will be located unless you book Preferred Pool View (PPV) or Preferred room categories. Note, PPV rooms are not known to be quiet, especially in July.

You are correct, there are no buses from Pop to Epcot or DHS unless the Skyliner is down.

The information on page one of this thread is current so hopefully it is helpful to you.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter