Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

The phone system was at Pop in March. It took me a bit to figure it out, but it worked okay for me.

I have a couple other updates on the Laundry section as we are using the Pop laundry right now. The sign on the door says you need a room key to get in the room 24/7. And also there is a bench to sit on in that room along with a TV.

Thanks for all your work on this @scrappinginontario . The info is so helpful.

Which would be better/easier for our check-in day? We want to get into the park as early as possible that day. Should we go to pop and check in, get on the bus and go? Or should we do check-in on mobile and go straight to MK? Will we be able to do that, if that is the best option, and park for free without having been to our resort first?

Which would be better/easier for our check-in day? We want to get into the park as early as possible that day. Should we go to pop and check in, get on the bus and go? Or should we do check-in on mobile and go straight to MK? Will we be able to do that, if that is the best option, and park for free without having been to our resort first?
Unfortunately it’s not always the same answer. A lot depends on transportation and the time of year you visit.

Do you have your own transportation? If so you have the option to go directly to the TTC to MK. A big factor in that is what you have in your suitcases and how it would survive in an extremely hot car for your time in the MK. If you have food, medications, makeup, etc it might be challenging.

If you are using Disney transportation, if your room is ready I would go there and if not check your luggage with luggage services.

Personally, I would choose the go to Pop and drop luggage option. We have done this a few different times. We prefer to take a bus from Pop to MK rather than drive as that means driving to TTC then taking either the monorail or ferry to MK.

Personally, I would go to the resort first to drop off our luggage either with bell services or actually in the room if it's ready. And then we'd hop on a bus. We have a 16 hour drive to get to Disney, so once we're there we let them to do the driving. :) I always do online check-in several weeks before we arrive and indicate our anticipated arrival time. Four out of the last five trips (the only trips I've done online/mobile check-in ahead of time for), our room has been ready by the time we arrive (usually around 10:00 a.m.). The other time it was ready about 11:45 a.m (we anticipated a 10:30 arrival that time). I have no way of proving it, but I do think if Disney knows when you're arriving, they will try to have your room ready around that time. Of course I'm sure that depends on many factors -- one of them might be luck -- and there's no guarantee that your room will be ready when you arrive even if they know what time you're arriving, but it does feel like checking in at least a week ahead of time might help.

Especially now that they removed the estimated arrival time from online check-in you can now only say before 3pm of after 3pm.

Just looked after you posted. I wasn't aware. Too bad this option has been removed!

I just saw 2 different posts on two different FB groups that people are now just having their arrival time added to the "requests/comments" on their reservation. One person said she called the day before and said they'd be arriving at 8:30 a.m. (at AoA) and they got the room ready text at 8:29 a.m. The other person did a chat a few days before and had the CM add their arrival time as 11:00 a.m. and they also got the room ready text before that time. That person was at Pop. So I guess it's worth adding your estimated arrival time to your reservation. It certainly can't hurt.

I just saw 2 different posts on two different FB groups that people are now just having their arrival time added to the "requests/comments" on their reservation. One person said she called the day before and said they'd be arriving at 8:30 a.m. (at AoA) and they got the room ready text at 8:29 a.m. The other person did a chat a few days before and had the CM add their arrival time as 11:00 a.m. and they also got the room ready text before that time. That person was at Pop. So I guess it's worth adding your estimated arrival time to your reservation. It certainly can't hurt.
Thank you. Great suggestion! Will add this to the posts on page 1 when I update the laundry information soon.

Is that something you have to call to do or is there a place on MDE I’m not seeing that I can do that? And thanks for the info! Everyone here is so helpful!!

Okay, so last question, if early hours is at 8:30, what time would you want to be in line for a bus to get to the parks in time to make use of the early hours? Is 7:30 early enough?

Okay, so last question, if early hours is at 8:30, what time would you want to be in line for a bus to get to the parks in time to make use of the early hours? Is 7:30 early enough?
If you want to be on one of the first buses it is recommended you be at the bus (or Skyliner) 90 mins before ETPE begins. We have an entire thread about this with a lot of helpful information in post 1.

If you arrive 60 mins prior to ETPE you will most likely arrive to a very long line waiting for transportation.

Last edited:
For the first time, we will have a car with us. We still plan to use the bus for MK. However, do you think our car or Skyliner for HS?

For the first time, we will have a car with us. We still plan to use the bus for MK. However, do you think our car or Skyliner for HS?
It generally depends on a number of factors. If the weather forecast looks like rain/thunderstorms or you have a resort dining reservation to get to later in the day, or you want to eat off property or you plan to go to DS at the end of your HS day, the car might be the way to go. But I’ll give the edge to the Skyliner at the moment since the trams are not yet back at HS.

It’s been a while since we’ve had to utilize grocery delivery services. How do we need to have it addressed in terms of delivery instructions and address?

It generally depends on a number of factors. If the weather forecast looks like rain/thunderstorms or you have a resort dining reservation to get to later in the day, or you want to eat off property or you plan to go to DS at the end of your HS day, the car might be the way to go. But I’ll give the edge to the Skyliner at the moment since the trams are not yet back at HS.
Skyliner 100%!!

Definitely Skyliner!
Okay, Skyliner it is. I have none of the factors going on, except I don’t know about the weather yet. Thanks!

I say the answer is yes. Arriving at the bus stop at 7:45 worked for Animal Kingdom and 7:40 to Skyliner to Epcot worked for me this week during a slower week.

If your goal was to be one of the first people on flight of passage, then no, 7:30 isn't early enough. But I suspect it should be good enough to get you on some popular ride before 9 a.m.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter