Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Hi AllThingsMickey4, We’re arriving at POFQ on the 25th also and attending MNSSHP that evening. We’ll be staying a few days longer

Hi AllThingsMickey4, We’re arriving at POFQ on the 25th also and attending MNSSHP that evening. We’ll be staying a few days longer

Oh how cool! We are taking my in laws for their first MNSSHP. They are very laid-back, Type B people, so I'm a bit nervous about if they are going to even enjoy the party :scared: It's just a pit stop on our way to Ft Lauderdale for a cruise :yay:

Oh how cool! We are taking my in laws for their first MNSSHP. They are very laid-back, Type B people, so I'm a bit nervous about if they are going to even enjoy the party :scared: It's just a pit stop on our way to Ft Lauderdale for a cruise :yay:

DH and I are in our mid 60’s taking our 11yo grandson. We will be taking our time and are looking forward to the party. We don’t do lineups for characters but will enjoy the rides, shows and atmosphere of the park. This will be trip 39 or 40 for us. We’ve lost count :) this will be our 2nd MNSSHP. The last one was quite a few years ago

Curious if anyone can help me out here...doing my best to find the dates for the musical acts at Scat Cats. The always-helpful Port Orleans site says "the dates are only announced a month or so in advance" and I was hoping someone could confirm those dates for me. Thank you!

First time staying at POFQ on the 25th of this month. Does this resort text you with your room number when it's ready? We are driving in from 4 hours away to do MNSSHP and only staying one night. It would be great if we didn't have to waste party time waiting for our room to be ready so we know which room to come back to at the end of the night.
This past trip I did not receive a room ready text. When I landed I did receive a “your room isn’t quite ready” text. I checked in at front desk they assured me I would get a room ready text. I went to Epcot, never got a text, but I checked the app and my room # came up so I went back to the resort. I would say keep checking the app just in case.

This past trip I did not receive a room ready text. When I landed I did receive a “your room isn’t quite ready” text. I checked in at front desk they assured me I would get a room ready text. I went to Epcot, never got a text, but I checked the app and my room # came up so I went back to the resort. I would say keep checking the app just in case.

Thank you for the tip!!

Curious if anyone can help me out here...doing my best to find the dates for the musical acts at Scat Cats. The always-helpful Port Orleans site says "the dates are only announced a month or so in advance" and I was hoping someone could confirm those dates for me. Thank you!

Generally Scat Cat's musical entertainment is on Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. It's usually Jason Thomas and Billy Varnes who have been playing there pretty regularly for three years now, but occasionally one of them will have other commitments and someone else (often Greg Hayworth) will stand in. The best place for updates is their Facebook group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/198128880586031/

Andre

Generally Scat Cat's musical entertainment is on Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. It's usually Jason Thomas and Billy Varnes who have been playing there pretty regularly for three years now, but occasionally one of them will have other commitments and someone else (often Greg Hayworth) will stand in. The best place for updates is their Facebook group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/198128880586031/

Andre

I'll check out the Facebook group- thanks!

Getting excited - we arrive at POFQ. I am trying to figure out which building to request....We will have a Garden View. Our main criteria are quiet at night (we are early risers), not a huge walk to the bus stop, and as little exposure to the smoking areas as possible. I am leaning toward building 3, with 1 my second choice. Any advice? It will be only DH and myself, so access to the pool is not important. Also, what impact has the wood floors had on sound levels in lower floor rooms? Can you hear people walking around above you? Thanks for your help!

We loved Building 1 Garden View. Frankly I wasn't thrilled with Building 3 Garden View. No smoking area near either one.

Getting excited - we arrive at POFQ. I am trying to figure out which building to request....We will have a Garden View. Our main criteria are quiet at night (we are early risers), not a huge walk to the bus stop, and as little exposure to the smoking areas as possible. I am leaning toward building 3, with 1 my second choice. Any advice? It will be only DH and myself, so access to the pool is not important. Also, what impact has the wood floors had on sound levels in lower floor rooms? Can you hear people walking around above you? Thanks for your help!

Just got back (as in within the last hour lol) and had a Garden View room in building 1 (2147 to be exact). It was wonderful and the view was beautiful. Very quiet as well, but still a short trip to the main building (honestly, all rooms are at this resort). I had no issue with hearing anyone walking above us and I do not sleep well so I would have heard them.

DH and I will be staying at POFQ for nine nights this Nov-Dec. This will be our third visit to both WDW and POFQ. We love French Quarter!

We will be doing Disney Early Morning Magic at MK Fantasyland on Dec 3. What time do the buses start running in the morning at POFQ?

We liked building 3 a lot. Great proximity to the lobby, pool and boats.

I’m planning on hanging out at the hotel and Disney Springs on my departure day. My flight isn’t until 8:30pm. Are there showers or changing rooms at the FQ pool? (Or Riverside pool?) I won’t have access to my room but might check out the pool.

I’m planning on hanging out at the hotel and Disney Springs on my departure day. My flight isn’t until 8:30pm. Are there showers or changing rooms at the FQ pool? (Or Riverside pool?) I won’t have access to my room but might check out the pool.

Yes. Showers and coin operated lockers are available in the rest room area near the pool.

I’m here now and absolutely love it, all our recent stays have been in deluxe hotels and frankly I’d sooner return here again. Great layout, great staff, great atmosphere. I’m in building 5 and the walk to the pool, food court and buses is only a few minutes. We are on the top floor with a garden view and it is so quiet in the room

The buses so far have been good, only once has it gone to Riverside to collect.

The only downside is that the features in the kids water splash park area are not working ( apart from the 2 small slides) a cast member informed me that it could be ‘weeks’ until it is fixed.

Very very impressed and here for another week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter