Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We just returned on Sunday from our trip to WDW staying 10 nights at POFQ. We love this resort.

On departure day I got a text at the airport that our rooms were ready. After looking online, I saw that the rooms were adjoining but not connecting. I called the resort and the woman who answered thought adjoining and connecting were the same....lol. I received a call back about 30 minutes later and they were able to put us in connecting rooms. YAY!!

Upon arrival around 8pm, we unpacked and realized our room air conditioner wasn't working properly but daughters' room was just fine. We slept with the ceiling fan all night to make it tolerable. The next morning, I stopped by the front desk to advise of the issue and it was fixed when we came back from the parks.

We did find that we needed to use our Tmobile connection on the walkway outside our rooms to get the fastest connection to ensure 7am virtual cue for Guardians.

Housekeeping was fine. No problems. Food was great as usual. Transportation was outstanding. We NEVER shared a bus with POR. We left at different times of the day ....morning, midday, early afternoon, and we always had straight to park bus service. A couple of times we were the only people on the bus and the bus drivers chatted with us the whole way...lol
We just returned on Sunday from our trip to WDW staying 10 nights at POFQ. We love this resort.

On departure day I got a text at the airport that our rooms were ready. After looking online, I saw that the rooms were adjoining but not connecting. I called the resort and the woman who answered thought adjoining and connecting were the same....lol. I received a call back about 30 minutes later and they were able to put us in connecting rooms. YAY!!

Upon arrival around 8pm, we unpacked and realized our room air conditioner wasn't working properly but daughters' room was just fine. We slept with the ceiling fan all night to make it tolerable. The next morning, I stopped by the front desk to advise of the issue and it was fixed when we came back from the parks.

We did find that we needed to use our Tmobile connection on the walkway outside our rooms to get the fastest connection to ensure 7am virtual cue for Guardians.

Housekeeping was fine. No problems. Food was great as usual. Transportation was outstanding. We NEVER shared a bus with POR. We left at different times of the day ....morning, midday, early afternoon, and we always had straight to park bus service. A couple of times we were the only people on the bus and the bus drivers chatted with us the whole way...lol
Glad you had a great time- I’m stoked for my stay!

After the awful transportation issues I had at CSR in November, I’m thrilled to hear that you had none at POFQ.

Did you eat at the food court or did you go to POR?

Thanks!

After the awful transportation issues I had at CSR in November, I’m thrilled to hear that you had none at POFQ.

Thanks!

Just answering your food court question. My husband and I stayed there this past summer and we loved the FQ food court. We didn’t feel a need to go RS.

Just answering your food court question. My husband and I stayed there this past summer and we loved the FQ food court. We didn’t feel a need to go RS.

Thank you ! I love Cajun food - the menu sounds yummy. This means that if I take mid-day breaks, I don’t have to worry about lunch.

Can’t wait!

Thanks!

Yes!! We ate several times at Sassagoula and never visited RS for food. We had lots of tasty dishes. Shrimp and grits, jambalaya, grilled chicken sandwich, chicken strips, prime rib dip, pizza, pasta with meatballs, several breakfast items and of course.....beignets!! I will say, the chicken strips I had on my last day were not good as they were over cooked. My DD21 had freshly prepared chicken strips (due to allergy) that were much better than mine!!

Yes!! We ate several times at Sassagoula and never visited RS for food. We had lots of tasty dishes. Shrimp and grits, jambalaya, grilled chicken sandwich, chicken strips, prime rib dip, pizza, pasta with meatballs, several breakfast items and of course.....beignets!! I will say, the chicken strips I had on my last day were not good as they were over cooked. My DD21 had freshly prepared chicken strips (due to allergy) that were much better than mine!!
And, if anyone cares, they now have a delish vegan sandwich--sort of vegan "tuna" salad style thing. I'm vegan, so it was a bonus that they had it in the food court instead of just an Impossible burger, which I wouldn't go near!

Their shrimp and grits is really good!

Yum! I’ll be starving by the time I get to the hotel from my train, so this is perfect ! Thank You!

*I love fried chicken strips, but I’m all about the Cajun food!

Don't forget Port Orleans has extra Mardi Gras activities today: https://www.portorleans.org/recreation-schedules.php

1676977718423.png

Andre

We were at POFQ for Mardi Gras last year and didn't even realize it until we saw the parade coming up the riverside walkway! It was super fun, both during the day and in the evening. Princess Tiana was there!

We were at POFQ for Mardi Gras last year and didn't even realize it until we saw the parade coming up the riverside walkway! It was super fun, both during the day and in the evening. Princess Tiana was there!
My brother in law arrives there Tuesday. Will they still be celebrating Mardi Gras at the resort?

Just back from a stay at POFQ with my sister for her birthday! She had not stayed there since the mid-90s so it was all new to her. She really loved it and said several times that she wished that her family was staying there instead of one of the All-Stars when they go in April (her, her husband, two sons & their wives and kids all traveling together). She also said she thought she'd book POFQ next time just her and her husband go and she thinks he'll want to make it their "home" resort.

We arrived on Sunday afternoon about 2:30 and had already gotten the text that our room was ready. We just had a standard room and were placed in Building 1, facing the parking lot. It was fine - everything is so close that even the rooms on the far sides are only a 5-minute walk to the main building. We took the boat over to Disney Springs for some shopping and eating. After a couple of hours, we took a bus over to the Polynesian to watch Enchantment and the electric water pageant from the beach. We took the monorail over to MK and the bus back to POFQ. Monday morning, MK was opening at 8:00 so the early resort hours started at 7:30. We were there pretty soon after 7:30 and stayed all day. On Tuesday, we arrived at Epcot about 8:30 for the early hours and stayed all day there too. We had really great luck with the buses this trip. We never had to wait for a second bus, and we never waited more than about 10 minutes for one. On our late night at MK, we were walking alllll the way down the concourse to the POFQ bus stop and realized there was a bus waiting with the doors open. We waved at the bus driver waiting by the open doors and she waved back to us, and waited until we got there to leave.

The weather was absolutely perfect, and crowds were not bad at all. On Tuesday at Epcot, we rode Soarin' twice in a row with just a 10-minute posted wait mid-morning, like 10:30-11:00. We got boarding group 22 for Guardians and were on that by 9:30, and had a ILL$ for 11:10 as well. We used Genie+ both days and were able to get everything we wanted or waited standby and the longest we waited standby was about 45 minutes.

Super fun girls' trip for my sister and me. We talked about how we couldn't believe we'd never done a trip with just us sisters before and that we will definitely do it again! But after 2 trips in 2 months, I guess I'm out for awhile. :(

Well, I'm late posting about my stay, as we ended up catching covid on our way home and I haven't been fully functional the past few weeks. Better late than never, right?

We stayed at POFQ for the first time Feb 2-10. We had been wanting to stay here since our first trip at POR in 2014, but there was always "something" that made us stay elsewhere. Without much surprise, we LOVED this resort. The decor in the lobby, the grounds, the jazz music, the boat to DS, the one bus stop, the small footprint of the resort are only the normal things to love. But there was something that made us feel like we belonged at this resort, and I can't quite explain it. It just felt very much "us".

We had a graden view room. I had done online check in, and we were at UOR for the first part of our trip, so spent our morning there waiting for the room ready text. I don't remember the exact time, but we got it shortly after lunch. It felt very exciting going straight to the room without going to the front desk, which we couldn't do on previous trips (it didn't use to be available for us Canadians). We were on the first floor in building two. Obvisouly, everything at the resort is very close by, so it was always a quick walk going to the food court, or the boat, or the bus. There was this lovely green square with a fountain in front of our room that was just so pretty and peaceful. We loved just walking around the resort, between the buildings, along the water. We never heard much from our neighbors, except the first morning. We had a connecting room, and the people on the other side started yelling at each other about the check out process. It was quite something, but at least they were checking out :D It does go to show that the rooms aren't exactly soundproof, so be careful what you say!

We liked the room, the space under the beds to store our bags is super useful, and I really like the "fake wood" flooring (in general, I just find it so much better than carpeting, much cleaner). Bathroom was clean, and we had plenty of drawers and hangers to unpack and settle in comfortably, but there were just the two of us, so families of 4 might find it a tighter fit.

We had housekeeping at least twice while we were there, but we did leaved the sign up a couple days, so not sure if they would've come more otherwise.

We didn't have any issues with buses, we rarely waited more than 10 minutes for the next one. Coming back from the parks in the evenings they were sometimes really really packed (probably where we caught covid...), but that's par for the course with Disney buses closer to park close. We never shared with POR, even in the middle of the day.

Overall, I love this resort, and would go back in a heartbeat. I just wish it were a bit cheaper. We didn't get any kind of discount this trip (first time paying rack rate...), but we knew that going in and Disney is never a cheap vacation anyway. Basically, I now understand why everyone usually raves about this resort. I expected to love it, and my expectations were met!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter