Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

There is one upper floor and one lower floor below it which are classed as Royal Pool View in Parterre Place. They are not in an especially busy/noisy location at all, apart from possibly from people in the pool. There would be very little foot traffic that would be using those stairs and going past your room.

Sorry these photos I just took are a bit blurry, I took my camera out from cold air con into a very humid afternoon and the lens kept misting up!

View attachment 264129
The corridor outside room 9728.

View attachment 264131
View from the upper floor pool-view room (9728).

View attachment 264130
The two corner rooms in Parterre, overlooking the pool. Stairs are to the right, off the picture.

Andre

Thank-You Andre, this was exactly what I was looking for......,.

Thank-you for all the time you put into answering our questions, I will add this request to my reservation.

Ok to save money we just booked here from Boardwalk for Jan 2018. We could not justify the cost, and since Caribbean is under reno, we picked her. Needed the murphy bed.

We did preferred room. Anyone have a building location to request? Like to be close to food court.. get our money worth of the free refills. .lol

Ok to save money we just booked here from Boardwalk for Jan 2018. We could not justify the cost, and since Caribbean is under reno, we picked her. Needed the murphy bed.

We did preferred room. Anyone have a building location to request? Like to be close to food court.. get our money worth of the free refills. .lol

I thought Vegas was under Reno? (Sorry, bad joke)

All of the preferred rooms are close to the main building. The closest one is building 14, but just make the request that you want to be as close to the food court as possible.

Tried to do a search but it didn't work.....I have one quick question. In the AB section, are there drawers under the Murphy bed? We typically like to unpack a little rather than live out of our suitcases. If there are not drawers under the Murphy bed, are there drawers somewhere else in the room? Thanks!

Tried to do a search but it didn't work.....I have one quick question. In the AB section, are there drawers under the Murphy bed? We typically like to unpack a little rather than live out of our suitcases. If there are not drawers under the Murphy bed, are there drawers somewhere else in the room? Thanks!
We just stayed in AB. There are 3 drawers under the Murphy bed. There's also a storage area next to the fridge with a couple of shelves that will hold quite a bit.

One question I do have, when it comes to a room will a single king bed can't remember or not but are they only in the Alligator Bayou section or do they have them in the Magnolia Bend area as well ?
I think the royal rooms are the only rooms that don't have a king bed category.

Please can anyone tell me in the Royal Rooms do they have any USB sockets ... I know many hotels now do.

So excited we arrive on sept 16, which is my husbands 40th birthday! We have always stayed at Caribbean Beach resort this is our first time at POR

Are there any major differences in rooms between AB and MB (other than theming, obviously)? If I fax in a request 5 days out that I'd prefer to be in one or the other, is there a decent chance it will be met? I think I could go either way, but my husband might like the AB buildings better. He commented on the rustic furniture when we were looking at photos of the rooms just prior to my booking our trip.

Which do you folks prefer and why?

Are there any major differences in rooms between AB and MB (other than theming, obviously)? If I fax in a request 5 days out that I'd prefer to be in one or the other, is there a decent chance it will be met? I think I could go either way, but my husband might like the AB buildings better. He commented on the rustic furniture when we were looking at photos of the rooms just prior to my booking our trip.

FWIW the AB buildings do not have elevators. The Mansion do have them. The Murphy beds are only in the AB section if that matters for your party.

FWIW the AB buildings do not have elevators. The Mansion do have them. The Murphy beds are only in the AB section if that matters for your party.

I had read that before, but thank you for bringing that to my attention again. I don't think that would be a deal breaker for us as it's just my husband and I with one suitcase and a carry on each.

We'll be there in a week!

Question: We want to have dinner at WPE at Disney Springs and then go to MK for Dessert Party. How much time should I factor? Party starts at 7:45. We have a car, so we can drive to/from DS, and to MK, but would prefer not to. Any suggestions/experiences with bus/boat to/from POR to DS?

We really like the look of AB, both the rooms and the buildings. We also like the fact that there is a lot of vegetation. It seems so peaceful and relaxing. The one thing that the mansion rooms have that I wish the AB rooms had is a real dresser. The AB rooms have three drawers under the Murphy bed and they are not very convenient.

We'll be there in a week!

Question: We want to have dinner at WPE at Disney Springs and then go to MK for Dessert Party. How much time should I factor? Party starts at 7:45. We have a car, so we can drive to/from DS, and to MK, but would prefer not to. Any suggestions/experiences with bus/boat to/from POR to DS?
We went to Disney Springs for dinner when we were staying at WL. The bus back to our resort also stopped at the Contemporary. The bus was loaded with people who wanted to go to MK. They would get off at the Contemporary and then walk to MK from there.

I would give yourself a full hour to get from DS to MK if using the Contemporary bus. We had at least a 20 minute wait for the bus to arrive and then another 20 minutes before it got to our resort.

We stayed here at PORS last year on Bounceback offer (had to book a preferred room to get the BB offer- we got building 15 and we really liked these rooms with the murphy bed as well as their location). This year we were at Pop and booked another bounceback for PORS (yay!) for next year. This time, we were required to book royal rooms or river view rooms. We chose river view rooms. I see that they are buildings 14, 27 and 38 (AB) as well as some mansions. We would really like 14 or 27- can we request these buildings or is there a 'river view preferred' category that we need to book/pay for? I know there is a 'river view' category and a 'preferred' category but is there a 'river view preferred' category? TIA

I see that they are buildings 14, 27 and 38 (AB) as well as some mansions. We would really like 14 or 27- can we request these buildings or is there a 'river view preferred' category that we need to book/pay for? I know there is a 'river view' category and a 'preferred' category but is there a 'river view preferred' category? TIA
Yes, you can request those buildings because they have rooms in the river view category. Someone who books a preferred room won't get a river view room in building 14, 27 and 38. Only the people who book the river view can get them. We had booked a king room with our bounce back last year and was able to get building 14. If you click on the buildings on Andre's map

http://www.portorleans.org/riverside-info.php

you can see what the booking category is for every room in every building. It is a great map. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter