Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
We will be at WDW for Christmas Break for 2.5 weeks. We spend our first 3 nights in a studio villa and then move to our timeshare condo. We got married at WL, but this will be the first time staying there. I have a couple questions:
For studios is there a room request you would recommend? I am not sure what the view options might be. I guess a view of anything besides a parking lot would be nice.
Also, does the water pageant come by WL at night?
Finally, any recommendations for breakfast where you can still make MK rope drop? We will have a car.
Has anyone gone to the Wave at Contemporary and made rope drop?

Thanks for any tips you have!!!

For studios is there a room request you would recommend? I am not sure what the view options might be. I guess a view of anything besides a parking lot would be nice.
Are you staying at Boulder Ridge or the new Copper Creek villas? The Boulder Ridge villas will have a view of either the pool and possible Bay Lake views or the bus stop area. Copper Creek villas will have a view of either the main WL courtyard/pool/Bay Lake or the villas pool/Bay Lake.

Also, does the water pageant come by WL at night?
Yes, the water pageant comes by at 9:30pm. The music is so loud that you can hear it just about everywhere. :)

Roaring Forks is the counter service restaurant and you'll be able to eat there and make rope drop. Whispering Canyon Cafe is table service and you would make rope drop if you had an early ADR and rope drop was 9am.

We ate at the wave and made rope drop, get first seating of day. We liked the food, but hated the service, basically there was no service, she came to table asked if we were doing buffet, yes, and poured coffee, that was it we never saw her again at our table. We waited 20 minutes for the check, then just left the money on the table with no tip because even after asking, and waving her down she never brought the check. So hope you get a different server, other than that it was okay. There is also a new place at WL, called geyser point, right now it is s quick serve, but will be a table service at some point during summer when roaring fork opens up.

There is also a new place at WL, called geyser point, right now it is s quick serve, but will be a table service at some point during summer when roaring fork opens up.
Geyser Point is serving breakfast while Roaring Forks is closed. But I believe that they will stop serving breakfast once Roaring Forks is open again. They will probably open at 11am, like most of the other resort pool bars, although I haven't seen anything official yet.

Are you staying at Boulder Ridge or the new Copper Creek villas? The Boulder Ridge villas will have a view of either the pool and possible Bay Lake views or the bus stop area. Copper Creek villas will have a view of either the main WL courtyard/pool/Bay Lake or the villas pool/Bay Lake.

Yes, the water pageant comes by at 9:30pm. The music is so loud that you can hear it just about everywhere. :)

Roaring Forks is the counter service restaurant and you'll be able to eat there and make rope drop. Whispering Canyon Cafe is table service and you would make rope drop if you had an early ADR and rope drop was 9am.

We will be staying in a Boulder Ridge Studio. These rooms are not attached to the main hotel, correct?

We ate at the wave and made rope drop, get first seating of day. We liked the food, but hated the service, basically there was no service, she came to table asked if we were doing buffet, yes, and poured coffee, that was it we never saw her again at our table. We waited 20 minutes for the check, then just left the money on the table with no tip because even after asking, and waving her down she never brought the check. So hope you get a different server, other than that it was okay. There is also a new place at WL, called geyser point, right now it is s quick serve, but will be a table service at some point during summer when roaring fork opens up.

Thank you. We did do the Geyer Point QS option last month for lunch when visiting the resort. I must have ordered the wrong thing because it was definitely not my favorite meal. I also did notice some people that were also sitting in the area were brought menus and ordered directly from a server. It appeared they were the same menu options. I did really like the comfy chairs and pretty views from the bar/restaurant area though!

We will be staying in a Boulder Ridge Studio. These rooms are not attached to the main hotel, correct?
Other than by a covered walkway, no, they are in a separate building. They are closer to the bus stop, but you really can't see the parking lot or the bus stop. Mostly woods on that side.

We will be staying 3/26-3/31 at Wilderness Lodge!

We are in a standard room and requested a bunk bed room that can see the fireworks. Fingers crossed!

Our flight lands at 6:40pm on June 8. Trying to decide what to do this night - should we just grab food and swim at the pool (or if movies are playing somewhere) and wait for the water parade to go by? Or walk over to cast members parking lot to watch Wishes? Or would you cab it to the Poly (I've stayed here - familiar) to watch? Actually no longer Wishes...but the new show. Thoughts of what you like and prefer? Also need to grab dinner at some point.

Our flight lands at 6:40pm on June 8. Trying to decide what to do this night - should we just grab food and swim at the pool (or if movies are playing somewhere) and wait for the water parade to go by? Or walk over to cast members parking lot to watch Wishes? Or would you cab it to the Poly (I've stayed here - familiar) to watch? Actually no longer Wishes...but the new show. Thoughts of what you like and prefer? Also need to grab dinner at some point.
You won't arrive at the Lodge before 8pm. The electric water parade is at 9:30. I don't know what time they will have Wishes but it has been at 9pm for this month.

You can take the boat to Contemporary and go to the viewing area on the 4th floor. They pipe the music in. You can also get on the monorail to go to TTC or Poly. Or you can eat dinner at the WL and watch from the beach.

Last edited:
I'd head to Poly, grab some food at Captain Cooks and/or Trader Sams and sit out on the TS patio to watch the new fireworks show (who's name escapes me)

I'd head to Poly, grab some food at Captain Cooks and/or Trader Sams and sit out on the TS patio to watch the new fireworks show (who's name escapes me)

Mine too. Great idea. We like to grab sushi to go from Kona Island and the sticky wings so maybe we'll do that. I just didn't know if WL offered the view that I love from the Poly. I've never seen from Contemporary so that's a good idea too. Thanks all.

Mine too. Great idea. We like to grab sushi to go from Kona Island and the sticky wings so maybe we'll do that. I just didn't know if WL offered the view that I love from the Poly. I've never seen from Contemporary so that's a good idea too. Thanks all.
No, it wouldn't have a view as good as the one from Poly or CR. Some of the Standard rooms on the upper floor do but no music piped in, or on the TV

Hello, We were at Geyser Point last Saturday for drinks and appetizers (which were excellent). WL now pipes in the music for the fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom there. They have a nice place to watch the fireworks down by the water. There were some chairs and people moved them to watch. It was funny, looked like movie theater seating. People had their strollers all lined up behind us. As you cannot see the castle, I was impressed as how much of the fireworks you can see. Much more than in the past. Higher and lowers ones.

Also, the Water Parade comes in at 9:35pm. From the same point, you can see it PERFECTLY!!!

Hope you enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter