• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love those the-dye T-shirts. We first discovered those during our WL trip last year and now have been doing them every trip. Great keepsakes for the kids and something that really gets their attention. A bit tricky to get right, but it's fun to keep trying/testing combos for the best/brightest Mickey head! :-)

Hi all,

Just wanted to check in and post some pictures. We got here around 12:30 - and our 1 bedroom villa was ready. (This was a first for us in any Disney hotel we have stayed in. )

We are really impressed with
the outdoor changes (we were unsure if how we would like the expansion , would it lose it's wilderness lodge feel? We feel that it didn't and the property looks amazing) the outdoor space looks so beautiful, here are some pictures;

image.jpg

image.jpg
Geyser point looked busy this evening

Last edited:

I am looking forward to reading about the differences between the inside the Lodge villas and the Boulder Ridge ones. It is very tempting to be able to stay inside the lodge and still have a 2BR villa. Not so tempting if there is less room or anything else about them that is not as good as BR.
I'm sure GrandCalifornian will provide more and better detail, but I can tell you the new 2BRs for Copper Creek, while lovely, won't feel as spacious as those at VWL. The architects had to work within the confines of the existing structure of the rooms, so they feel a bit more shotgun-ish. Certainly, there is ample room if you don't have a ton of people there, but it lacks the openness of VWL's 2BRs. I suspect all else will be fine since it's new, especially if you get a room with a wonderful view.

Last year my sister and mom surprised my dad with a one night stay at WL after our stay at All Star Movies. It was to be a surprise for me too but because of MDE I found out hahah! Needless to say we loved it and can't go back to a Value now. #firstworldproblemsforsure!
We have already booked for Nov 12-18 2018 in a standard view. That's what we had last year and got an amazing Wishes and Castle view. Fingers crossed for that kind of pixie dust again. Looking forward to reading this thread for the next 14.5 months and planning our vacation!

Thanks for all the amazing photos! Did you happen to notice how the transportation was? On the Transportation area on this site it does not include WL to HS and HS to WL. Thanks!
Unfortunately it is our fault that we didn't have those times last trip, and we again didn't make the trip this time. I would expect very similar times compared to Epcot, because that's how it was in the past, but we again did not make the trip to confirm. It is a reason we'll just have to go back next year..

On the subject of transportation in general, we had exceptional luck. I would say that I think it is far more common to have buses that go direct to a park in the morning now, without stopping to pick up at another resort. We had an Epcot travel time one morning of just 18 minutes, which was a very best case scenario. The boat service was great as well, with many big boats running to MK and therefore short wait times. I will compile our average times, but in general they were excellent.

I'm sure GrandCalifornian will provide more and better detail, but I can tell you the new 2BRs for Copper Creek, while lovely, won't feel as spacious as those at VWL. The architects had to work within the confines of the existing structure of the rooms, so they feel a bit more shotgun-ish. Certainly, there is ample room if you don't have a ton of people there, but it lacks the openness of VWL's 2BRs. I suspect all else will be fine since it's new, especially if you get a room with a wonderful view.

We unfortunately have never experienced a BRV 2 bedroom, but their size is very similar. 1080 sq ft for a BRV 2 bedroom, and 1105 sq ft at CCV. I have heard criticism about the middle portion of the room feeling narrower at CCV, but we still liked what we saw. View wise there is no category distinction at CCV, but you do have nice pool views from both sides of the South wing. To catch a better glimpse of Bay Lake, the North side (overlooking the main pool) might be desirable.

Unfortunately it is our fault that we didn't have those times last trip, and we again didn't make the trip this time. I would expect very similar times compared to Epcot, because that's how it was in the past, but we again did not make the trip to confirm. It is a reason we'll just have to go back next year..

On the subject of transportation in general, we had exceptional luck. I would say that I think it is far more common to have buses that go direct to a park in the morning now, without stopping to pick up at another resort. We had an Epcot travel time one morning of just 18 minutes, which was a very best case scenario. The boat service was great as well, with many big boats running to MK and therefore short wait times. I will compile our average times, but in general they were excellent.

I can answer the HS/WL route- it shares a bus with Contemporary like the AK bus. At least it did when we were there at the beginning of July. Good to hear that they seem to be fixing the issues we had with bus availability and travel times! Our AK morning we waited about 45 mins and then the trip took 25!

Hi all just checking in, had an amazing first day at WL , we got to swim in the beautiful new quiet pool. It was amazing. If they still had the "spring bubbles" like in the old pool, it would be perfection. But as it is, it's pretty close to it.
image.jpg

Had lunch at roaring forks with an open mind. I had heard a lot about people not liking it as much since the refurb and sadly I have to agree. The flatbread pizzas - that were the best flatbreads in WDW in my opinion before the refurb- were honestly just not as good. I had the sausage goat cheese flatbread. Not great. Hard crust. Did not taste fresh like the pre-refurb flatbreads did. Classic case of "if it's not broke, don't "fix" it.... My kids did enjoy their plain cheese flatbreads. They no longer serve French fries , so the kids meal don't come with fries like they used to last year. They no longer have the daily flatbread special , nor the tomato basil flatbread which was amazing. Roaring forks was better before the rehab in my opinion.

I did get breakfast at roaring forks as well. My DD loved her Mickey waffles.
image.jpg

Our scrambled egg breakfast was just meh, I only ate half if it.
image.jpg
The potatoes tasted terrible.

Oh here are the toiletries
image.jpg

The scent is very subtle - kind of kind like a watered down version of the grapefruit one they had last time we stayed here.

I have to say just how nice the staff is here overall. The best at any Disney resort that we have stayed in. The staff at roaring forks are amazing. Night all and I will post again tomorrow :flower1:

Here's something I have wanted to do since I heard they were re-configuring the South Wing. Based on the Villas declaration and my walking around the resort and taking pictures, here is an updated room number map that includes the Copper Creek Villas side. Also note that the name of the main pool has changed to Copper Creek Springs Pool, in keeping with the change from Silver to Copper creek. Also note that some floors have different room configurations, specifically the 1st, 6th, and 7th, where there are no Grand Villas. It is a work in progress, but it is far more accurate than the original lodge room numbers.

WL_CC_Room_Numbers_20170825.jpg

Here's something I have wanted to do since I heard they were re-configuring the South Wing. Based on the Villas declaration and my walking around the resort and taking pictures, here is an updated room number map that includes the Copper Creek Villas side. Also note that the name of the main pool has changed to Copper Creek Springs Pool, in keeping with the change from Silver to Copper creek. Also note that some floors have different room configurations, specifically the 1st, 6th, and 7th, where there are no Grand Villas. It is a work in progress, but it is far more accurate than the original lodge room numbers.

WL_CC_Room_Numbers_20170825.jpg

WOW, @GrandCalifornian ! Thank you so much! We are booked for a CL stay (Standard room) during the 2018 holiday season... does this mean there are only 27 standard club level rooms now???? So crazy!!! Fingers crossed for that Bay Lake view!

WOW, @GrandCalifornian ! Thank you so much! We are booked for a CL stay (Standard room) during the 2018 holiday season... does this mean there are only 27 standard club level rooms now???? So crazy!!! Fingers crossed for that Bay Lake view!
You've very welcome. Yes, there are actually fewer CL rooms than that (likely about 25) since the Yosemite Suite takes up the area of 7037, 7039, and 7041. It is nice and compact, and having the lounge open to the lobby above the 6081-6090 rooms is really nice. There is also sitting area with chairs all the way across towards the South side. Happy planning, it should be a great trip!

You've very welcome. Yes, there are actually fewer CL rooms than that (likely about 25) since the Yosemite Suite takes up the area of 7037, 7039, and 7041. It is nice and compact, and having the lounge open to the lobby above the 6081-6090 rooms is really nice. There is also sitting area with chairs all the way across towards the South side. Happy planning, it should be a great trip!

@GrandCalifornian ,Thank you for your reply! Is the 067, 069, 071, and 073 block on the 7th floor, also? According to your answer re. 25 rooms, it sounds like it isn't, but just checking :).
I almost wish we could go there for December 2017 (we are booked for our very first WDW trip at Grand Floridian Sugarloaf CL instead), but it's been booked up, and no wonder!
It looks like our chance of getting a Bay Lake view at WL CL would be pretty good, although I think we're going to request a bunk bed, too... I love the idea of a small, intimate club level! So very exciting! Thanks again.

@GrandCalifornian ,Thank you for your reply! Is the 067, 069, 071, and 073 block on the 7th floor, also? According to your answer re. 25 rooms, it sounds like it isn't, but just checking :).
I almost wish we could go there for December 2017 (we are booked for our very first WDW trip at Grand Floridian Sugarloaf CL instead), but it's been booked up, and no wonder!
It looks like our chance of getting a Bay Lake view at WL CL would be pretty good, although I think we're going to request a bunk bed, too... I love the idea of a small, intimate club level! So very exciting! Thanks again.
No problem at all. Only room 7067 exists on the 7th floor, and I am not certain it is in use. I did include it in my 25 count though.
I'd say you really can't go wrong with view in CL, because if you're not on the courtyard side you'll be on the MK side, and the views of the castle and fireworks in that section of the resort are really quite nice. We got a bunk bed room this last trip and loved it. The extra floor space and fun beds for the kids were a major plus.

No problem at all. Only room 7067 exists on the 7th floor, and I am not certain it is in use. I did include it in my 25 count though.
I'd say you really can't go wrong with view in CL, because if you're not on the courtyard side you'll be on the MK side, and the views of the castle and fireworks in that section of the resort are really quite nice. We got a bunk bed room this last trip and loved it. The extra floor space and fun beds for the kids were a major plus.

@GrandCalifornian , oh my... I can't wait. Only a year and three months to go, haha!!! I am seriously keeping my fingers crossed for that MK view. I bet it's only a matter of time before they reclassify those rooms as TPV. And the bunk bed sounds incredible for the kids! I will have to poke around this thread to try to find your previous posts about it. Thank you!!!!

I'm going from memory here but I'm 99% certain 7067 isn't in use. That whole 067-073 space seemed to be all CL kitchen, storage, prep area, and there's a guest restroom (which seemed newly built). I could be wrong/missing something, but that's what my 9 month old memory is telling me. But I defer to you (the expert!) to set me straight! :-) I have some pics of that hallway which aren't totally conclusive, but can post if helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter