Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have, or have a link to, any recent views from a CCV room facing the BRV? (facing "outward" not toward the middle.)
It looks like all the photos on Touring Plans are older and pre-construction. They seem to be just trees, trees, and more trees. :)

How do you know if its heading to the Contemporary? The way its facing?
I was surprised at how close the Contemporary is from the Wilderness Lodge. It is easy to see which direction the boats are coming from because you can see it coming from the Contemporary. The boats that travel to and from Fort Wilderness are off to the right and travel between an island and the shore on the right side of the lake. The boats to and from the Contemporary are coming almost straight at you. The boats from the MK are coming from the left side of the dock. :)

Does anyone have, or have a link to, any recent views from a CCV room facing the BRV? (facing "outward" not toward the middle.)
It looks like all the photos on Touring Plans are older and pre-construction. They seem to be just trees, trees, and more trees. :)
All of those trees are gone and now the view would be the new pool. I haven't seen a picture from the CCV on this thread. There have been pictures taken from BRV which show that the trees are gone.

I have a cabin related question. We are looking to go down next November. It will be my wife, son (18 months at the time), me, and we are bringing my mom. When our son is in need of a nap it will most likely be my mom that brings him back to the room. My mom is not what you'd call a good navigator. Because of this arrangement we are looking at one of three options: A Fort Wilderness Cabin, an Art of Animation suite, or an All-Star Family Suite. Our preference is that order but we have one dilemma, the internal bus system at Ft. Wilderness.

We have never stayed at Fort Wilderness but have visited there on a non-park day. If we stay at AoA or an All-Star my mom would just need to take the resort bus from the park to the resort, get off at the proper stop, and then walk to the room. At Ft. Wilderness she would have to take the boat or bus to the resort and then the internal bus to our loop. What I am wondering is if there are cabins close enough to either the front bus stop or boat drop off that she could just walk to instead of take the bus?

We really want to stay at Fort Wilderness but if it will add stress for my mom we will have to select a different option.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I was surprised at how close the Contemporary is from the Wilderness Lodge. It is easy to see which direction the boats are coming from because you can see it coming from the Contemporary. The boats that travel to and from Fort Wilderness are off to the right and travel between an island and the shore on the right side of the lake. The boats to and from the Contemporary are coming almost straight at you. The boats from the MK are coming from the left side of the dock. :)

All of those trees are gone and now the view would be the new pool. I haven't seen a picture from the CCV on this thread. There have been pictures taken from BRV which show that the trees are gone.
Thanks @Wood Nymph!

I have a cabin related question. We are looking to go down next November. It will be my wife, son (18 months at the time), me, and we are bringing my mom. When our son is in need of a nap it will most likely be my mom that brings him back to the room. My mom is not what you'd call a good navigator. Because of this arrangement we are looking at one of three options: A Fort Wilderness Cabin, an Art of Animation suite, or an All-Star Family Suite. Our preference is that order but we have one dilemma, the internal bus system at Ft. Wilderness.

We have never stayed at Fort Wilderness but have visited there on a non-park day. If we stay at AoA or an All-Star my mom would just need to take the resort bus from the park to the resort, get off at the proper stop, and then walk to the room. At Ft. Wilderness she would have to take the boat or bus to the resort and then the internal bus to our loop. What I am wondering is if there are cabins close enough to either the front bus stop or boat drop off that she could just walk to instead of take the bus?

We really want to stay at Fort Wilderness but if it will add stress for my mom we will have to select a different option.

Hi @GreatLakes, I have not been to FortWilderness, so I have no direct experience. But I remember reading there are internal buses for the loops. How far you have to go on the internal bus, I think depends on if you arrive by bus or boat? As park busses drop at the front and the boat is more in the middle? But again, this is just from research. :) So others I'm sure will have better information.

Fort Wilderness has it's own thread here
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ns-campgrounds-information-questions.3218169/
Though I see it's not too active, and the images have not been updated from Photobucket.

Like @woodnymph mentioned, the view is of the Boulder Ridge Cove pool.
Here is a link to a view from the 6th floor pretty far down the wing in room 6126. https://www.disboards.com/threads/•...s-lovers-group•.3631019/page-19#post-58376117

Lower floors or rooms closer to the lobby will see less of the pool, but they face that general direction.

You will probably get more, and more accurate, answers if you post this in the Ft. Wilderness Cabins and Campground thread.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ns-campgrounds-information-questions.3218169/

Hi @GreatLakes, I have not been to FortWilderness, so I have no direct experience. But I remember reading there are internal buses for the loops. How far you have to go on the internal bus, I think depends on if you arrive by bus or boat? As park busses drop at the front and the boat is more in the middle? But again, this is just from research. :) So others I'm sure will have better information.

Fort Wilderness has it's own thread here
Though I see it's not too active, and the images have not been updated from Photobucket.

You will probably get more, and more accurate, answers if you post this in the Ft. Wilderness Cabins and Campground thread.

I saw that thread but it doesn't look very active. The last post is an unanswered question from November 27th but it doesn't hurt to post additional places so I'll cross-post there as well. Thanks.

Hello, can anyone make a room recommendation for a Club Level Deluxe Suite (6 people)? I believe there are a few of these suites over several floors? Thanks.

Not sure if these will help, but here are some posts I made about our Deluxe Room stay from about a year ago:

WL CL Food - November 2016

WL CL Lounge - November 2016

WL Deluxe Room-Nov 2016

If I don’t answer your question, please let me know and I’ll try to answer when I can. :-)

Wow - @GADisneyDad14- Thank you (once again) for your detailed and informative posts and photos! They were exactly what Inwas looking for. I also recall our last deluxe room CL WL in 2015, to be a long walk to the lounge. Unfortunately, we can’t switch to a standard CL room (to be closer to the lounge) due to our group size. As a party of 6, only a deluxe room can accommodate us.
We will only be visiting the CL for a grab and go breakfast. We wil return around 8pm for cordials and dessert. I would love to take advantage of the substantial food offerings at early evening, but we are hard core, and tend to stay at the park all day. With that in mind, would I be better to request a room on the same level of the lounge that is far away from the lounge, or on a different floor closer to the lounge elevator? Or do I request a room away from the side with hourly/night time noise (We like to sleep lol). Thanks,

If you like the theming of the Ft. and if budget allows, I would suggest looking into a one-bedroom villa at CCV or BRV. Rooms at both will be much more centrally located to the park buses and boats. I would be wary of staying at the Ft. if your mom has trouble navigating.

Wow - @GADisneyDad14- Thank you (once again) for your detailed and informative posts and photos! They were exactly what Inwas looking for. I also recall our last deluxe room CL WL in 2015, to be a long walk to the lounge. Unfortunately, we can’t switch to a standard CL room (to be closer to the lounge) due to our group size. As a party of 6, only a deluxe room can accommodate us.
We will only be visiting the CL for a grab and go breakfast. We wil return around 8pm for cordials and dessert. I would love to take advantage of the substantial food offerings at early evening, but we are hard core, and tend to stay at the park all day. With that in mind, would I be better to request a room on the same level of the lounge that is far away from the lounge, or on a different floor closer to the lounge elevator? Or do I request a room away from the side with hourly/night time noise (We like to sleep lol). Thanks,

I think @GADisneyDad14 may know for sure, but I don’t think any of the deluxe rooms are on the same level as the club lounge. My family stayed in a standard club level room back in May and it didn’t appear to me that the floor was laid out to accommodate this type of room.

I think @GADisneyDad14 may know for sure, but I don’t think any of the deluxe rooms are on the same level as the club lounge. My family stayed in a standard club level room back in May and it didn’t appear to me that the floor was laid out to accommodate this type of room.
This is correct. The deluxe rooms are at the end of the North wing on floors 1 through 6. They all come with CL access, but you will have to take the elevator up to the 7th floor.

This is correct. The deluxe rooms are at the end of the North wing on floors 1 through 6. They all come with CL access, but you will have to take the elevator up to the 7th floor.

Thank you for the info! I’ll request the 6th floor. I am hoping the higher floor will give a better view, and away from any potential night time noise. Sound like a good plan?

Thanks so much for the advice. I think that this solidifies my decision to rent a city mini gt for our trip. You make such a great point about the walk from the park to the bus stop...didn't even think of that. :)

We learned this the hard way but with a wheelchair rental. There are courtesy wheel chairs in Epcot, but they aren't always where you need them.

Has anyone eaten at Roaring Fork lately and have a picture or 2 or can give a review? I've heard the menu has changed recently (or at least since we were there last in 2010!!) and I'm looking for a picture of the platter, the pulled pork cheese grits and flatbread..

THANKS!!!

Has anyone eaten at Roaring Fork lately and have a picture or 2 or can give a review? I've heard the menu has changed recently (or at least since we were there last in 2010!!) and I'm looking for a picture of the platter, the pulled pork cheese grits and flatbread..

THANKS!!!

The Disney Food Blog did a review back when it reopened and can be found here. Craig and Ryno of the Dis Unplugged also shot a video reviewing the food found here.

I wish I could give you a personal review, but it underwent refurbishment shortly after I stayed at WL in January 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter