Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Kook! You are always on top of everything!!

To everyone up North, stay safe if you're traveling today!

You're welcome and I have an update from the link I posted last night:
Signature blocks should remain intact, however, tags may be impacted as well as DISboard avatars, but not user-provided avatars. Post counts will also be retained.

Thanks. :) I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but I can't do replies from my iPhone or iPad. The stupid Dis app doesn't work. :badpc:

We took the WL bus to MK and then switched to the Boardwalk bus there. It is a really quick ride over there and our bus driver told us where the Boardwalk bus stop was. I think it is the best way to get to an ADR at an Epcot resort.

Important question for anyone who knows: this is the second time that the clock display in our room is completely dark. And we don't know how to turn it on. We've been able to dim the light or make it brighter if it was on to begin with, but can't figure out how to turn it on if we find it off.

Splash pad information - our two grandchildren, age 5 and 7, were able to play in the splas pad even those both of them are taller than 48 inches. There are seats for parents to sit on.

Pool refurb - it really looks nice. The one picture I hadn't seen yet was the way the pool refurb looked on the south wing side, so we checked it out. They added more plants on the south side, increasing the distance between the rooms and the sidewalk. Inside the pool they seem to have less pool chairs on the south side than before, but have more pool chairs on the north side now. It seems to me that they removed most of the shade trees on the north side, so the main pool will be sunnier now. I think that there are less pool chairs overall than before.

Trout Bar - the two seating areas look really nice. The smoking area behind the Trout Bar looks nice. The tables have umbrellas.

DH and I walked to and from Trails End for breakfast. The ponies were wearing their coats and they were so cute. We saw them frisking around, playing with each. It was cute to see. We really enjoy going over there for breakfast. :)

We had a really long day yesterday which involved hitting three parks. :faint:
We continued our good boat karma by having a boat pull up just as we approached the dock. :)

Today is the day I've been looking forward to - our granddaughter gets her Bibbity Bobbity Boutique makeover and we are going to Enchanted Tales with Belle. I can't wait. :cloud9:
We had the exact same problem with our clock in June at YC/CL. I told the CL CM about it soon after we checked-in, but the clock was never replaced and we then moved on to WL-CL. We also had the same issue with a clock at WL back in '13, I believe, and they replaced it.

Good boat karma is almost as good as good bus karma. Thanks for your update!

Sorry if this has been asked and answered previously.
Any info on what is being done at Whispering Canyon, and how it will impact the Lobby?
Also for those that desire a table service breakfast, will Artist Point be taking over?
Just wondering if there is any info out there.
Thanks!
Though the rehab still appears on a couple of websites' closures/rehabs, it was reported here by a TA that the rehab was canceled, at least for the original timeframe.

Are the toiletries in the rooms still H2O products? When we're were there last time (2013) they had H2O Blushing Orange smell. And the time before that, (2007) it was H2O Aquatics, which I liked the scent of better...just wondering if they still are using these products, and what scent?

The H2O Aquatics was replaced by the Grapefruit Bergamot, (photos in the ROOM chapter of the thread), at least at all the Deluxes. We've never had Blushing Orange. Which resort was this?

The H2O Aquatics was replaced by the Grapefruit Bergamot, (photos in the ROOM chapter of the thread), at least at all the Deluxes. We've never had Blushing Orange. Which resort was this?

WL had Grapefruit in August. I did see a bottle of the Aquatics in the Mercantile, but it looked to be the last of a dwindling supply.

Trying a quick check in, on our 3rd night here at the lodge. Have been going, going and then dropping when we get back to the room. Also had interesting time with the room. Need handicap room, boyfriend is in wheelchair. Booked it months ago, called back to get friends and family discount, which was appled wrong. Had to call back to switch, and all this seemingly went fine. I last called on the 11th. On the 13, they cancelled the reservation and rebooked and oops, took off the handicap need. Mind you when I called, they said the room was already assigned. I had done online check in, so went up thinking it would all go quickly. Well, it still took 10-15 min to check in. Went to room and it was 2 queens and normal bath. Lovely view, was 4055 or something. Walked right back to check in, and they had few handicap rooms. We ended up in 1135, which requires you to go down a hall of rooms, around 2 corners and down the elevator. That part sucks. Also, the view is of a bush, and kinda some of the pool, but also some of the lovely lodge. The good part is that it's super easy to get to Roaring Forks---out the door and across. Easy in from the boat that we took back last night. Also found the stairs door hides the door out to the path which goes to the bus. So good and bad, but we are loving the lodge. It does just feel like home.
Oh, and yes, H2O still in use, but Ii don't want to get out of bed to check the scent. I think it's a citrus. :rolleyes1:

Important question for anyone who knows: this is the second time that the clock display in our room is completely dark. And we don't know how to turn it on. We've been able to dim the light or make it brighter if it was on to begin with, but can't figure out how to turn it on if we find it off.

:

OMG those clocks! Last time we were at Disney we arrived the day of or day after the time change. Our clock was an hour off and I studied that thing but could not figure it out! The next morning (we are late sleepers) we get up and I'm thinking we're up so early - wow, we'll actually get to the parks before the crowds. Nope! I go to my cell phone and realize the time on the clock is now right! lol

We just booked our first trip to WDW at WL CL in October! We're so excited to escape Oregon in the fall and finally get to WDW!! I'm so appreciative of this thread; it cemented our decision to stay here.

Waiting in the airport for our flight home :(
Disneymoon ended up being great! Will report more when I get home and can upload some photos :)
On a bright note, my DH is now a Disney convert, at least when it comes to WL...we will probably be back in a couple of years (have to save up or win the lotto):goodvibes

Disneymoon ended up being great! Will report more when I get home and can upload some photos :)
On a bright note, my DH is now a Disney convert, at least when it comes to WL...we will probably be back in a couple of years (have to save up or win the lotto):goodvibes

Glad you had a great trip! Safe travels!

I'm always suspicious of anybody who stays in WL and isn't addicted.

Something must be wrong with those folks. :)

My DH was the same, he LOVED WL!!! Glad you had a great Disneymoon!

I'm always suspicious of anybody who stays in WL and isn't addicted.

Something must be wrong with those folks. :)
:rotfl:

Pas! Hello! Hello!!! Happy to "see" you! :wave2: You would be proud of all my resort adding and changing in recent months. :) Poly CL will be great - just stayed there for 5 nights over Marathon Weekend and loved it even with construction (may have felt differently if it was warm enough to swim, but it wasn't.)

Ditto to the praise for KOOK, and if you could add us to the front page, that would be great! We returning to WL for our 3rd stay there March 27-29, but this will be our first CL stay and we're SO excited.
:hug: I've "seen" your reviews, and I LOVE changing! Someone has to make up for my lack of changes!!! We are all very excited for Poly, I keep eyeing WL of course...but I think for this summer I need to stay put..my kids have spoken! I loved your Hawaii pics! Enjoy your March stay!! CL CMs are simply the best. DH thought they were so personable and nice, he's a tough sell :rolleyes1 Missed you!

Today is the day I've been looking forward to - our granddaughter gets her Bibbity Bobbity Boutique makeover and we are going to Enchanted Tales with Belle. I can't wait. :cloud9:
:goodvibes Exciting!!!

So glad to see some familiar names that I haven't seen in awhile. :wave2:
:flower3: I missed everyone here, always nice to "see" my friends!

Hi!
We arrive Thursday for our first stay at WL. We took the kids on the Disney Magic in December and stayed in the Roy suite and told the kids that because of the big cruise we just couldn't do our annual January Disney World trip. Five years ago we lost DH's mom to brain cancer at the young age of 63 and just 7 months later we lost his dad to heart failure. That January we regrouped in Disney as a family to help cope with our grief and decided we would make it an annual trip where we remember the grandparents and spend quality time. We have been quite fortunate to have stayed at the Poly, Poly cl, And Yacht cl. My ds7 has been begging for a stay at WL. On Wednesday we will pick the kids up from school and go straight to the auto train. I think they will be pleasantly surprised.
Currently we have a courtyard view with bunk beds room. Since we will have our car with us is there a way to ask for a room closest to the lobby/parking lot?
Thanks!
Amanda
AWESOME! Safe travels, WL really isn't huge so any room will be pretty close to the lobby IMO. You must report back on the auto train as well. I love that the family takes the time out in Disney to be together...life is precious and sometimes way too short :flower3:

You're HERE!!!!:wave2:

You've been greatly missed, but your Honeymoon Suite photos are still in the thread:thumbsup2. Don't be a stranger, Stranger:hug:
:hug: Missed you SO much! I guess since I'm not changing, I am not stalking the boards as much :rotfl: I am months behind on TRs :rolleyes: But I do hop on and lurk especially on a long transport :cool2: I miss WL so much, it's still on the radar for summer, but HRH and Kate want Poly CL princess:

8 PAGES IN!! :cool1:

LOVE LOVE LOVE the contributors here! Love the Live reports, the helpful posters, love the questions posed, just everything here! :love: Makes me all the happier we chose WL for our June trip!

KOOK - blessings indeed! I can't believe I"m going to lose my tag :sad: I hope I don't get lost in the shuffle, the only thing constant in this life is change! (WHO moved my cheese?! lol)

H2O prodcuts - I am so glad they still carry the H2O brand, can't wait to read what scent people have found!

Keep up the postings, so I can have a bit of Disney in my chaos - I "get away" when I read the updates, :love:

we had blushing orange in POFQ last year. it was nice, but not the Aquatics that I loved from the WL back in '07

Hello this was tweeted by Orlando Park News.

Due to the upcoming refurbishment of the lobby of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Whispering Canyon Café will temporarily offer breakfast at Artist Point on February 5 and February 12, 2015. During that time, diners can still enjoy the beloved atmospheric elements of Whispering Canyon Café, including ketchup relays and "pony express" races. The full breakfast menu will be served, with the exception of pancakes. Lunch and dinner services will not be affected.

Are the toiletries in the rooms still H2O products? When we're were there last time (2013) they had H2O Blushing Orange smell. And the time before that, (2007) it was H2O Aquatics, which I liked the scent of better...just wondering if they still are using these products, and what scent?

WL had Grapefruit in August. I did see a bottle of the Aquatics in the Mercantile, but it looked to be the last of a dwindling supply.

H2O products - I am so glad they still carry the H2O brand, can't wait to read what scent people have found!

We are here now and they still have the grapefruit H2O products. The Mercantile has a H2O products for sale and the Aquatics take up 3/4ths of the shelf while there is just a small amount of the grapefruit ones. I can't remember the other scents, but I thought it was funny how popular the Aquatics were but the Disney resorts haven't gone back to providing them in the rooms.

Sounds like a wonderful trip! :goodvibes The lovely WL certainly has the power to make converts: my DH is just an H (no love for Disney:confused3 ) but even HE liked the WL! :thumbsup2

We are here now and they still have the grapefruit H2O products. The Mercantile has a H2O products for sale and the Aquatics take up 3/4ths of the shelf while there is just a small amount of the grapefruit ones. I can't remember the other scents, but I thought it was funny how popular the Aquatics were but the Disney resorts haven't gone back to providing them in the rooms.

Hey Sue, how was BBB? My dd19 is still mad (reminds me every trip) that she didn't get to do it.

:beach: Hope you are having agreat day!

Grannyminnie How long to your turn at the lodge?

Pas, it was good to "see"you!

Hey Sue, how was BBB? My dd19 is still mad (reminds me every trip) that she didn't get to do it.

Our granddaughter loved her BBB makeover. She wore her Snow White dress and looked adorable. That night we babysat her so that big brother could go to the Norway pavilion for his Viking shield and sword with Mom and Dad, which was his special treat. They give the girls a little makeup kit with two bottles of nail polish. My granddaughter had fun putting the makeup and nail polish on me. The only trouble was that I didn't bring nail polish remover and now I have blue fingernails. :scared1:

My grandson and I spent some time together yesterday afternoon because everyone else seemed to need some quiet time. He was very excited to drive his race car on the speedway. I hadn't ridden on that ride since his mommy was little. I had a blast with him. :drive: I'm very grateful they stopped using gasoline in those cars. The fumes used to make me sick. :faint:

Our daughter and her family left this morning and now we plan to walk over to Trail's End to have breakfast with some friends from home. They are staying at the campground. It has been a busy trip. The weather has been a little cool, but the sunny skies make it seemed really pleasant. It is our last full day. :(

Sounds like a wonderful trip! :goodvibes The lovely WL certainly has the power to make converts: my DH is just an H (no love for Disney:confused3 ) but even HE liked the WL! :thumbsup2
:wave: My DH was the same!! Even liked CL :rotfl2:

:goodvibes

Our granddaughter loved her BBB makeover. She wore her Snow White dress and looked adorable. That night we babysat her so that big brother could go to the Norway pavilion for his Viking shield and sword with Mom and Dad, which was his special treat. They give the girls a little makeup kit with two bottles of nail polish. My granddaughter had fun putting the makeup and nail polish on me. The only trouble was that I didn't bring nail polish remover and now I have blue fingernails. :scared1:

My grandson and I spent some time together yesterday afternoon because everyone else seemed to need some quiet time. He was very excited to drive his race car on the speedway. I hadn't ridden on that ride since his mommy was little. I had a blast with him. :drive: I'm very grateful they stopped using gasoline in those cars. The fumes used to make me sick. :faint:

Our daughter and her family left this morning and now we plan to walk over to Trail's End to have breakfast with some friends from home. They are staying at the campground. It has been a busy trip. The weather has been a little cool, but the sunny skies make it seemed really pleasant. It is our last full day. :(

Blue fingernails are totally in ;) Sounds like a blast!! Glad you all are enjoying it :cheer2:

Grannyminnie How long to your turn at the lodge?

About 3 months til my sis and I go to the WL. :goodvibes Might upgrade to CL but right now we are booked in a woods view room.

Wood Nymph, based on the likes of some young folks today, your blue nail polish will fit right in! :thumbsup2 :)

Pas, my DH has only been once, and it was not CL but I imagine he would enjoy that even better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter