Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks, my friend.

I’ll be checking in here periodically today. Arrived home around 11:30 yesterday morning but we haven’t had power here since 2 am on Monday. No school again today.

Best gift so far- There was leftover coffee and Mark heated it on the grill so I could have a warm cup.

Happy Birthday from powerless CT as well! Big Y coffee and WiFi for me today, with halloween candy for lunch.

Happy Birthday and Thank You Dee.
We enjoyed the Food and Wine Festival a lot. We went to Epcot on Monday morning with a FP+ for Soarin’. I love Soarin’. There were lots of folks, but the booth lines weren’t bad at all. Like every day we took a mid day break. We went back to nosh around the world for dinner. We went back on Wednesday and before we hit the road yesterday.
We like the FP+ system. Since we had 2 days at MK, for exampl, that was 6 Headliners scheduled in advance. We filled in many rides as well.
ToT was at half capacity all week. That resulted in long FP+ lines and very long standby lines.
We tried the Baseline Tap House on the new Grand Ave. We sat at a high top table outside DH and DS tried the “ create your own” beer flight and we enjoyed a hot pretzel.
We tried Sci-fi for the first time our arrival day. Great atmosphere. We ate at 50’s PTC our second day. I love Aunt Liz,s Fried Chicken.
We often try to fit in a tour for a special treat. This year, a highlight of our whole trip, we did the Ultimate Nights of Adventure VIP Tour in the AK. It was expensive but Wonderful. It was a late afternoon/evening tour. We had head of the FP line access to: Dinosaur, Navi River Journey, Flights of Passage ( which had a 3 hour Standby line), Safari, Everest and finally Rivers of Light. We ate at Satuli Canteen. It was a wonderful evening dampened only by rain at the end of the evening. They supplied us with Disney ponchos though.
As an aside I did not enjoy FOP. Iwas so sick the entire ride. I prayed I did not vomit. I have very mild motion sickness issues, but this ride was not good for me. But like thousands of others DH and DS thought it was the best ride they have ever been on.
Sorry for such a long post.

Sounds like a great trip other than the motion sickness!

When you say "head of the FP line access" during the VIP tour, does that mean you were able to skip ahead of others in the FP line, or just that you were able to use the FP line to access the rides?

...As an aside I did not enjoy FOP. Iwas so sick the entire ride. I prayed I did not vomit. I have very mild motion sickness issues, but this ride was not good for me. But like thousands of others DH and DS thought it was the best ride they have ever been on.
Sorry for such a long post.
As a fellow motion sickness sufferer I'm secretly happy we didn't score FOP FPs :duck: I tried, honest! But I'm glad I don't have to subject myself to that experiment in motion sickness (I'm bummed for the people in my party who really wanted to do it so I keep trying for them, but still secretly happy in my little corner over here).

Also- love long posts!!

Sounds like a great trip other than the motion sickness!

When you say "head of the FP line access" during the VIP tour, does that mean you were able to skip ahead of others in the FP line, or just that you were able to use the FP line to access the rides?

At most we went to the FP+ line and they held everyone until our group of 28 entered. The FP+ line for FOP was so long We went through a totally backstage area. We went straight to the first preshow room. For Rivers of Light w e had a special se cation. At Satuli Canteen we had a reserved table with our food, beverage and dessert waiting

As a follow-up question, would regular guests of BC recommend going directly the the YC for bus service, especially in the morning?

On our trip this September the bus completely filled up at the YC and didn't even bother stopping at the BC, so it's possible you may have a longer wait for a bus to show up at the BC. We were the last ones on the bus and were standing right by the driver, and after he set off for the MK he radioed in for more buses to come to the YC/BC area to pick up guests going to MK.

On our trip this September the bus completely filled up at the YC and didn't even bother stopping at the BC, so it's possible you may have a longer wait for a bus to show up at the BC. We were the last ones on the bus and were standing right by the driver, and after he set off for the MK he radioed in for more buses to come to the YC/BC area to pick up guests going to MK.
What time of the day was this? Please and thank you! :D

We arrived on Saturday. ..got the perfect room assignment...for us...woods, ground, close to quiet pool.

Unfortunately, the very first night in the room, I caught my toe on a c I rner, and I'm pretty sure if it's my pinky toe isn't broken, it's sprained. Went to front desk yesterday after hobbling around Magic Kingdom and, theyes were able to find a rental knee walker for me. It arrived last night, so we'll see how AK is with this cute little set of wheels. More later!

If your toe is broken or just sprained, I would tape it to my other toe & walk on. That’s what I did when I broke my pinkie toe the day before going to New Orleans. I taped two together & walked all day in the Quarter with no problems.

If your toe is broken or just sprained, I would tape it to my other toe & walk on. That’s what I did when I broke my pinkie toe the day before going to New Orleans. I taped two together & walked all day in the Quarter with no problems.
I broke a toe on each foot- don’t ask- in July. I taped them and walked too. But it hurt a lot. And it was nowhere the distance of Disney

We were at BC from 10/6-13/17. Despite what others have posted above, there were days when I wished we had walked to YC to board.

For example, we had dinner scheduled for 7:35 at 'Ohana on a Sunday. We were at the bus stop at 4:15ish hoping to get to the Polynesian early enough to visit Trader Sam's) two of our six had not yet been). We did not board a bus to MK until 5:00 p.m. and there were many others who were at the stop prior to us. Those folks indicated they had waited well over 20 minutes before we arrived and the board kept changing moving the pick up time back. An hour wait for a bus is ridiculous regardless of the time and the only thing we could think was that buses were filling at YC before the BC pick-up. When the bus arrived, it was standing room only with some guests being left behind.

Each time we took a bus whether to AK or MK, we were always standing and there were folks who didn't board because it was already packed. Our typical departure time for those parks was 8:00 a.m.--our meeting time at the bus stop and two of our party of six were generally there before the appointed hour. Sometimes we would wait a full 20 minutes, sometimes less/more. Regardless of the wait--the buses were nearly full by the time they arrived at BC.

All of that said--I don't recall the bus situation being this exceptionally crowded over the past few years. Then again, this visit we were a party of six and not our usual two. Making sure all were able to board together was sometimes a challenge that we don't usually face when it is the two of us.

We were at BC from 10/6-13/17. Despite what others have posted above, there were days when I wished we had walked to YC to board.

For example, we had dinner scheduled for 7:35 at 'Ohana on a Sunday. We were at the bus stop at 4:15ish hoping to get to the Polynesian early enough to visit Trader Sam's) two of our six had not yet been). We did not board a bus to MK until 5:00 p.m. and there were many others who were at the stop prior to us. Those folks indicated they had waited well over 20 minutes before we arrived and the board kept changing moving the pick up time back. An hour wait for a bus is ridiculous regardless of the time and the only thing we could think was that buses were filling at YC before the BC pick-up. When the bus arrived, it was standing room only with some guests being left behind.

Each time we took a bus whether to AK or MK, we were always standing and there were folks who didn't board because it was already packed. Our typical departure time for those parks was 8:00 a.m.--our meeting time at the bus stop and two of our party of six were generally there before the appointed hour. Sometimes we would wait a full 20 minutes, sometimes less/more. Regardless of the wait--the buses were nearly full by the time they arrived at BC.

All of that said--I don't recall the bus situation being this exceptionally crowded over the past few years. Then again, this visit we were a party of six and not our usual two. Making sure all were able to board together was sometimes a challenge that we don't usually face when it is the two of us.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I guess my party of 6 will be hoofing it to the Yacht Club's bus stop during our stay...

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your experience. I guess my party of 6 will be hoofing it to the Yacht Club's bus stop during our stay...

We were there between 10/22 to 10/30. We took buses to MK twice, AK twice and DS once. We never waited long. We never had to take a second bus. Our longest wait was for the DS bus at 10:20 AM and that was about 25 minutes.
I would not walk to YC

Last edited:
I did tape it, and walked the first day...after several hours it was throbbing pretty bad. Tried the knee roller today at AK and it affected my knee so much, I think I'll probably abandon that idea...plus, the cracks and rocks in the pathways at AK made it very difficult to use there. I'll try tonight with just a cane to steady myself...it is feeling better, maybe because of using the roller and staying off it...my knee, well it's just not so fun when the joints start to breakdown!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter