• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I highly recommend looking one and two days before you want to dine there. Many guests grab up the slots, well in advance, knowing that they always can cancel up to one day prior to the reservation date and not pay a cancellation penalty.
It's amazing what becomes available on short notice - even for the most popular times.
Don't give up!

We managed to book a lunch in late August for 5 people, but we booked 180 + 6 days in advance! I couldn't find anything until day 6 of the trip! This was even harder to book than 'Ohana. Good luck - cancellations do happen!

Not late August, but I got one for early September 180 days +1 out. Form past experience, I have been able to secure a table there usually one to two days before a trip as other guests cancel. That did, however, require a lot of re-checking the website frequently the day or two before the trip

Thank you for your feedback ! I thought I checked at 180+14, but obviously that restaurant slipped under my radar. I will continue to check for availability, I just wanted to make sure there was no glitches with the WDW website!

Hello,

Has anyone managed to get an ADR for Beaches And Cream Soda Shop late-August? I kept trying since our 180-days window opened, with no luck. I know the venue is small, but since we're staying 13 days, I thought it would been unlikely I missed all the tables, both for lunch or dinner.
I was able to get 2 reservations for late August but they were the most difficult ADR's to get.

Hello,

Has anyone managed to get an ADR for Beaches And Cream Soda Shop late-August? I kept trying since our 180-days window opened, with no luck. I know the venue is small, but since we're staying 13 days, I thought it would been unlikely I missed all the tables, both for lunch or dinner.
I wasn't able to get any for October. We will be there October 23-30. I've been using the touring plans ADR finder and none of shown up so far. We've been there before so it won't be the end of the world if we don't eat there, but this will be our first time staying at BC so we thought it would be a nice lunch while we are there anyway.

This whole pool refurbishment possibility has me concerned. My wife and I go in October for our 25th anniversary and we plan to spend lots of time at SAB. We usually do the pool all day and then a park or dinner in the evening (we’re doing V&A this trip!!). Does anyone have any more info on this to help ease my fears?
wait wuuuh....how did i miss this? part of how i can justify beach club was for SAB. would they need to inform us?

I wasn't able to get any for October. We will be there October 23-30. I've been using the touring plans ADR finder and none of shown up so far. We've been there before so it won't be the end of the world if we don't eat there, but this will be our first time staying at BC so we thought it would be a nice lunch while we are there anyway.

Thanks for sharing, I didn't know Beaches and Cream Soda Shop was so hard to get! I thought it was Victoria and Albert's but I will definitely reconsider my view!

Hello,

We just got back from a week at Yacht Club and we got a reservation for Beaches & Cream twice on our trip the morning of the reservation. This was the week of June 9-16. I couldn't find one leading up to the trip, but found one early in that week the morning of and snatched it as it was a resort night for us. Then, we had another resort night the next to last night of our trip and another one showed up and we grabbed it again because we enjoyed it so much the first time!

Thanks for sharing, I didn't know Beaches and Cream Soda Shop was so hard to get! I thought it was Victoria and Albert's but I will definitely reconsider my view!
I'm not sure if this helps, but last time we stayed at BC, I went and asked about open reservations as we were leaving SAB. She said they didn't have any but the counter area was open for walk up seating. She said if we came back in about 45 min she could seat us. She took our number so that she could text us and we went and changed and came back to wait on our seating.

So, if you don't mind sitting at the counter you can sometimes get a spot with a little wait.

Hello,

You can also put your name in at the counter and wait for a table. I was shocked that we were able to get a table for 10 people (easier because it was at 930 at night) but we had to wait about 20 min and we were accommodated which was great!

We'll probably plan on waiting until it's closer to our trip to get a B&C ADR; either through touring plans reservation finder or by checking daily when we arrive.

i dont arrive til after midnight. i have this notion in my head magical express will be super express like because its so late. is this magical thinking!? :)

i dont arrive til after midnight. i have this notion in my head magical express will be super express like because its so late. is this magical thinking!? :)

Our last stay at the YC our flight got into MCO at 11:50pm - we checked in at 2:30am... I kid you not.
Picked up our bags, then sat on the bus at MCO for an eternity, driver was in no big hurry, stopped at CBR, Pop, then YC (BC then BW were last)

But... it never hurts to hope. ;)

Last July my flight was extremely delayed and I did not arrive at MCO until 4:45am I was on property at my resort by 5:30am! My driver told us this was his favorite shift.

There was a line of busses just waiting for guests to arrive. My family and I were the only people on our own personal bus to AoA.

Hi Everyone! We're returning to the BC at the end of August after 2 years. The last time we were there we had a beautiful view of the lake and we could see the fireworks from HS. This year, we're staying in a 2 BD Villa. What are the views like from the villas? Is there a specific area we should request to get the best view?

Also, is there construction happening?? I haven't heard of anything until I read this thread. Help!

Hi Everyone! We're returning to the BC at the end of August after 2 years. The last time we were there we had a beautiful view of the lake and we could see the fireworks from HS. This year, we're staying in a 2 BD Villa. What are the views like from the villas? Is there a specific area we should request to get the best view?

Also, is there construction happening?? I haven't heard of anything until I read this thread. Help!
There aren't very many good views from the villas building. Approximately half of the villas will face toward Epcot and have a view of the trees. The higher floors might have a view of the fireworks through the branches. Some of the villas rooms face the quiet pool or parking lot. The rooms that you don't want are the ones that are close to the road. I would request a room close to the main elevators or the lobby or the Beach Club end of the villas building.

There are unconfirmed rumors of cabanas being added to Storm Along Bay (SAB) in the area near the shallow kid's pool but there has been absolutely no confirmation from Disney - yet. I don't even know who started the rumor or where they got their information. And even if the rumor turns out to be true it will have very little impact on SAB since there is plenty of room in that section of the pool area to close off the construction and still leave the entire pool open. I really don't like to speculate on this rumor but I don't like seeing people worry over the rumor, either. :)

As @Wood Nymph said, there really are no good views from the Villa building. It was built in a former CM parking lot and it is behind the main BC Resort. The best thing is to ask for a generic request you would like - high floor, or near elevator etc.

Has anyone had trouble making room location requests when checking in online? We aren't going until August but when I tried to put in a request, there was nothing available on the selection bar, it simply just said "select." We only care about having a balcony so I wasn't looking to request anything major.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter