Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I found out some information about Cape May. There is a plan for Cape May to open on May 18th. The food will be served family style when it reopens.

We can see that they have added plexiglass panels between the booths in the restaurant.

This is exciting!! One of my favorite places to go for breakfast!! Thank you for sharing that with us!

Last edited:
I found out some information about Cape May. There is a plan for Cape May to open on May 18th. The food will be served family style when it reopens.

We can see that they have added plexiglass panels between the booths in the restaurant.

Aw phooey! Missed it by a few days! Guess there is always October! If it is served family style--they can just bring us crab legs. :flower1:

i think it sounds like you are correct the non boardwalk, non left out of marina way is quicker. doesn't make sense to go all the way around left out of the back of yc away from dhs...so the video on all ears that's the route she takes. i guess it's great though if you want bakery items for your walk but the bakery may not be open so early if you're trying to get there before dhs opens

Going the other way is definitely faster if you are starting by YC, I did that after eating at Crew’s Cup one night on my last visit (pre Covid). At rope drop I went the Boardwalk shortcut way since I stayed at BC.

This makes sense as you expand capacity in the resorts by opening BC soon, the additional guests will need to eat and some may be wanting to spend the cash.

I will be staying at YC 6/64-27. (Please add me to the BOG list : ) This is my first stay at YC, and I am very much looking forward to it. My trip begins on the 20th at GF. This is a big trip for me. My first solo trip, and I am celebrating my 50th bday. These boards are always so helpful. I spend entirely too much time stalking here. lol I am approaching this visit with a flexible mindset. I know that things will be vastly different from my previous visits. The only things that have me a bit concerned are wearing a mask in the heat of June, and crowd levels. Because of the heat, I once swore that I would never go to WDW in the summer again. But, I am planning on a lot of resort time this trip. So, I will try to work around the hottest parts of the day. My crowd concern is also due to the heat- but again, I will plan wisely. Thanks to the mods for keeping this thread going. It's been so helpful!

1) Need my next stay updated. Not going in April of 2022 but February of 2022 for mid-winter break instead!

2) We changed from water view to deluxe. Can someone that's stayed in a deluxe before speak to the differences in the room? I saw that they supposedly have a little more room but that could translate in a ton of ways. My youtube foo is failing me and when I search for deluxe rooms BC, all that comes up are Deluxe studios at BCV.

1) Need my next stay updated. Not going in April of 2022 but February of 2022 for mid-winter break instead!

2) We changed from water view to deluxe. Can someone that's stayed in a deluxe before speak to the differences in the room? I saw that they supposedly have a little more room but that could translate in a ton of ways. My youtube foo is failing me and when I search for deluxe rooms BC, all that comes up are Deluxe studios at BCV.

I believe the room we stayed in last month was a deluxe. Ours was 4201 and had an amazing view. Had two areas and the "bedroom" was separated from the other area by french doors. The couch in the other section was a pull out couch. The bedroom was pretty darn big too - we just loved it.

How did you book deluxe? Did you just call in and ask for that category? Ours was given as an upgrade but I am going to try to book the room in the future because it's great with a napping toddler to have separate spaces.

ETA: here are older pics of the room. There have been a few minor changes. https://www.disboards.com/threads/y...and-suites-please-post-your-pictures.3713381/

This is exciting news! We love Cape May Cafe and I'd be so happy if we could eat there during our August trip!

Re: room requests.

When I first started here on the Disboards, it was common to fax room requests a few days ahead of arrival. The only thing I want is to have the daybed because my sons are giants and cannot share a bed. I know that when I made my reservation, the CM and I talked about us needing a room with the 3rd bed, so I'm hoping she put a note on the reservation. The last time I called Disney, I was on hold for almost an hour, so I'd like to avoid calling again if possible. Do they still accept faxed room requests?

I did the online check-in and noted our arrival as 9:00 AM. We were going to drive down on 5/31 but our plans changed and now we're driving on 5/30. I didn't want to pay for another night at BC, so I made an off-site reservation. I plan for us to check in, hopefully get into our room and send the kids to the pool while we get a few groceries. I figure the chances of someone else having a 1-night reservation on opening night and our room having to be cleaned are pretty slim.

So very bummed! No room discounts available for our Sept stay-at any of the resorts we'd want. I'm glad we have a room but hate paying rack rate. Here's to hoping someone cancels and that I can snag a room with a discount.

Here's a screenshot of the notice on MDE
Yes today the Governor suspended all local Covid-19 Emergency orders effective immediate. It does not impact private businesses as they are able to still have their own restrictions. Disney is well connected with the State and Orange County and has know of this plan for weeks.

More resorts are opening Cape May appears set to return and the Disney College program is back open as of May 5th.

Here is the article from Jackie Gailey from DIS if you missed it today:

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/disney-college-program-to-restart-at-disney-world/
Governor's Announcement:
https://www.wptv.com/news/state/flo...vid-19-emergency-orders-effective-immediately

Dave

I see there is a post about Cape May possibly opening May 18th. I certainly hope that is true.

We will be there in July but I expect reservations to fil up fast no matter what. I'm checking every day now - at least twice - since I don't expect there will be much if any pre-announcement. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, May 18 is two weeks away. I do wonder when they will open ADRs for it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter