Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Got home Saturday from a 4-night BC stay:
  • Went to SAB midday for 3 days & was usually able to find a chair or a lounge as a solo traveler. That said, I spent most of my time in the pool & didn't really lounge - I just wanted a place to throw my stuff for when I got out. One time my chair was on a highly-trafficked bend, so I was afraid my feet would get trampled and couldn't really relax 😆
    • This is totally weird, but I honestly wouldn't mind cubbies as an alternative to storing stuff so more folks can lounge. Especially since I feel bad taking up space when I mostly swim, but I just need to put my flipflops/sunglasses/clothes somewhere
  • I was auto-upgraded from a parking lot view to an accessible king bedroom with a view of SAB/the gardens (it was awesome)
  • No problems with buses, except I still hate that there isn't a queue system at deluxe resorts. The clumping and posturing for spots reminds me of NJ Transit/commuting to work. Luckily, another family and I traded off days being first at the stop, and looked out for each other when the first bus appeared. First to AK arrived at 6:53 and we walked on FOP fine, and first to MK arrived at 6:42 (I was the first car on Space). Only subpar bus experience was at the end of the night after my post-close BOG dinner. There were a good amount of folks still waiting at YC/BC after the other resorts were clear. Transportation CMs were awesome, hope they get some relief soon with more hires.

The DVC rooms have drip coffee makers.
BCV still uses the traditional "Mr. Coffee" type coffee makers. For the most part all villas are equipped with a 12 cup coffee maker, however I have been in studios that had the smaller 4 cup coffee maker. A quick call to housekeeping got us upgraded to the 12 cup coffee maker. So, roast away and don't forget the filters!

Thank you! I thought that was the case. I think I have some basket filters lying around, but I can easily pick some up from the Publix when we arrive!

What is the status of ceiling fans at the Beach Club? I have noted that in 2018 that there was talk of removing them from rooms there. But I haven't stayed at the Beach Club since 2015 and haven't seen posts about whether they are still there or not.

Thanks!

:goodvibes
We arrived May 30th the day BC opened. It was so good to be back. We had room 3631 and there was no ceiling fan.>:( I for one really miss them especially since you cannot override the thermostat.

• No problems with buses, except I still hate that there isn't a queue system at deluxe resorts. The clumping and posturing for spots reminds me of NJ Transit/commuting to work. Luckily, another family and I traded off days being first at the stop, and looked out for each other when the first bus appeared. First to AK arrived at 6:53 and we walked on FOP fine, and first to MK arrived at 6:42 (I was the first car on Space). Only subpar bus experience was at the end of the night after my post-close BOG dinner. There were a good amount of folks still waiting at YC/BC after the other resorts were clear. Transportation CMs were awesome, hope they get some relief soon with more hires.

Ugh, I'm really dreading this for our upcoming BC stay. Will walk, as always, to Epcot and HS, and I'm happy to grab an Uber to AK if the bus line is too crazy but we do like taking the bus to MK so we don't have to deal with the TTC if taking an Uber. I guess we'll have to weigh the extra time it takes to get to MK in an Uber vs. the extra stress of fighting people who refuse to queue fairly in the departing bus line. I also wish that Disney would fix this and install a basic line system like they use for the departing buses.

Ugh, I'm really dreading this for our upcoming BC stay. Will walk, as always, to Epcot and HS, and I'm happy to grab an Uber to AK if the bus line is too crazy but we do like taking the bus to MK so we don't have to deal with the TTC if taking an Uber. I guess we'll have to weigh the extra time it takes to get to MK in an Uber vs. the extra stress of fighting people who refuse to queue fairly in the departing bus line. I also wish that Disney would fix this and install a basic line system like they use for the departing buses.

Same! My biggest gripe about deluxe resorts. I know they've tried separating the busing stations into sections, but it doesn't help at all with clumping.

I wanna say everyone made it onto the first MK bus, maybe 1-2 parties didn't make the first AK bus. But if standing and closer seating was allowed it wouldn't have been an issue at all, everyone would've fit fine.

We got home Saturday from our first stay at Beach Club. We were there 5 nights and really enjoyed our vacation there. We had a woods view room, #4548. At first I thought it was so far from the lobby and elevators, but then as we walked to the room for the first time, we found the elevator just down the hall and that was super convenient. We could just go right down that elevator and out the door to the leisure pool and hot tub, or out to the walkway to go to Epcot or Studios. It wasn't too far from the Marketplace, either, once you went down that elevator.

Our room had the daybed, which was #1 on my priority list. My younger son found it to be quite comfortable and did not complain about sleeping there. We had a balcony with a table and 2 chairs, which was a nice place to sit at night, even if there really wasn't anything to see.

We walked to Studios and to Epcot. We took the Skyliner back from Studios and it was an easy walk from the Epcot Skyliner station. We didn't really have any issues with the buses. We weren't at MK or AK at rope drop, but shortly after, and the buses were not completely full going to those parks. At first I thought it was odd for the drivers to assign seats, but got used to it. I will say that after a long day at MK and closing it down, waiting for multiple buses was a bit frustrating when you knew more people could have gotten on the bus and stood. I heard other people in line wishing we could just stand, too.

Our first night we ate at Cape May and really enjoyed our meal there. My older son was excited to find out that the fish in the seafood boil was mahi. He ate one whole additional helping by himself (he's 6'6, so he can eat!). It was probably the best meal of this trip.

We've never splurged on a resort in the Boardwalk area because of the price tag, but I have to say that the location definitely spoiled us and it definitely may not be our last stay there.

We didn't get a chance to go to Stormalong Bay, unfortunately. My younger son was going to go on our first day until he found out he had to walk all the way around YC to get there. He joined me and his brother at the other pool and hot tub.

Hi Everyone, checking in to the BC tomorrow! I have not posted in forever, but I have been lurking and keeping up with changes. Especially love hearing the reports from the Y&B. Reading all of the live and just back posts are SO HELPFUL as things seem to change by the minute. My husband and I were able to get to WDW quite a bit over the years, and we are fully prepared to just wing it and go with the flow this trip. As long as I get a drink at California Grill, read my book at SAB, ride Splash and get in a few laps around the Boardwalk just soaking it in, the trip will be a success! I promise to send a few updates when I can, would love to pay it forward and help others with their upcoming trips.

How far in advance can you book a room only reservation? It used to be 499 days out, is it still the same?

Looking to book Dec 9, 2022 at the YC!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

How far in advance can you book a room only reservation? It used to be 499 days out, is it still the same?

Still 499 [updated to 500] days. And a quick calculation would be..... call on 7/27/21.

Last edited:

It’s actually 500 days now, which started when they released 2022 rates recently (can’t remember when that was exactly).

I remember making reservations via MDE 499 days out...I didn't have to call. However, that was pre Covid so.....:).
You're right. I stand corrected. I got my wires crossed on some other online limitations. I'll edit my post even though it's quoted. Fixed the 499 to 500 too!

You're right. I stand corrected. I got my wires crossed on some other online limitations. I'll edit my post even though it's quoted. Fixed the 499 to 500 too!

Well in fairness to you it’s been 499 days for what seems like forever, until Disney decided to make it 500 a few months ago for whatever reason. That one day must be super important! :-)

Keep watching to see what happens when we get to 500 days from 2023 dates in a couple of months, that may move back to calling only for those dates, until 2023 rates are released.

I will have a more detailed report later on, but just wanted to give a quick SAB update. Here now, and have been for a few hours. Right now there are large groups of open loungers in prime locations. I can definitely see more people trickling in but it seems there are plenty of seats for everyone! We were here yesterday afternoon as well and I would say it was the same level of crowds and open seating.
We did mobile order today at the Ale & Compass restaurant about 12:00 and ate it at an empty table with an umbrella (cheeseburger and lobster roll). So easy!
Also, the servers have been super attentive! If I wanted something I would not have to wait long to get it. In addition to the cold sandwiches and salads they are offering, you can also get a cheeseburger, chicken sandwich, and chicken tenders.
It is a beautiful day, definitely hot but nothing oppressive. So happy we came!

Hi all-- What are the SAB hours now? We're arriving Sunday!! Was 10-10 in January but I am going it opens earlier in this heat.

Check out this view guys! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Overall the resort seems quiet - we’ve been here two nights, five left to go.

when our room was ready we walked in to painters on our balcony, when we called to ask when they’d be gone the lady on the phone said she’d have the manager call back. We were offered an opportunity to move rooms. we had already started unpacking so I declined, it wasn’t a big deal, I just wanted to know how long they’d be here. She said she’d credit us $150 and they would be finished soon.
They’re still here just not directly on our balcony, lol. Aside from the view it hasn’t had any effect on our experience.
otherwise it’s been an ok trip - if you go to ale and compass lounge I hope you have the joy of Ricardo as your server. He’s a gem!!!

I’ll check back in at the end with an updateonce we’ve done more resort things!!

Attachments

• D486C429-B50C-4FB6-81E5-AD4548C9673E.jpeg
    D486C429-B50C-4FB6-81E5-AD4548C9673E.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 132
We've never splurged on a resort in the Boardwalk area because of the price tag, but I have to say that the location definitely spoiled us and it definitely may not be our last stay there.

So agree with this! I splurged on BC on a lark our last trip and even my Disney-hating husband had such a great time we can't imagine staying anywhere else for future trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter