Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I checked the first page and the last few but I don't see a March movie/activity schedule... does anyone have that?

I asked on the refillable mug page but never got a response, does anyone know if the stainless steel refillable cups are still an option?

Oh, I had forgotten to mention what we learned about the new Smart TVs…you can definitely stream the NHL app to your TV while using the room wifi.

Used an iPhone 12 and the most recent versions of iOS and the app. Minor glitching, but nothing worse than you normally get at home as the wifi slows. Worked really well, resulting in a happy DH who was still able to get his hockey fix. It’s always been one of his pet peeves that none of the available sports channels on the TV there ever seemed to cover hockey.

Just back from a week trip. Stayed CL. My only minor complaint was that checking in took forever but I think we hit the arrivals at the wrong time.

BUT, bus service to the MK was horrible. Worse we've had in many trips to YC. AK and Springs buses seemed fine and ran anywhere from every 15-20 min. We had three mornings - all different times of morning- where we waited about 5-8 mins, AK bus, springs bus, wait about 15-20, another AK bus, wait again and finally a MK bus with another springs bus close behind. MK buses we routinely waited 35 min. My only theory is the other buses stopped at other resorts as well and the MK ones went directly to the park.

Saw numerous groups coming to the YC bus stop from swan and dolphin.

Just back from a week trip. Stayed CL. My only minor complaint was that checking in took forever but I think we hit the arrivals at the wrong time.
We ran into a crowded lobby with lots of people checking in during our Feb CL stay. We ended up trying to see if our bands could work in the elevator to take us to the 5th floor, and they did. We checked in up there, which was easier. :)

We also ran into a big crowd in the lobby when we checked in during our March stay in a regular room. This time we just checked our bags and headed to Epcot. I think the combination of a Sunday check in plus our 11 am arrival time tends to result in lots of people in the lobby. :)

I have a trip at YC at the end of May. I wonder if the work is going to be done on the refurbishment by then. I am tempted to move to BC. Does anyone know if there is worked planned at BC after YC?

I have a trip at YC at the end of May. I wonder if the work is going to be done on the refurbishment by then. I am tempted to move to BC. Does anyone know if there is worked planned at BC after YC?
Exterior refurbishment at the BC was done a few years ago. We had painters on our balcony when we were at the Beach Club in 2018 or 2019.

The YC work includes caulking and it seems as if the work is slow-going. They started working on the rooms surrounding the quiet pool in 2020 and appear to be working their way towards the BC end of the resort. They were working above the Ale and Compass restaurant and on the rooms above the flat roof closest to that area when we were there last week. There was a lot of work being done in the section of the resort that faces the bus stop, too. They may still be working on the caulking and painting in May. But a lot of the resort is already finished so you could be in a area without any work at all.

I'm hoping that all the work will be finished when we return in October.

Last edited:

A blog just posted current refurb pics the other day. While they do not provide a timeline, I thought you’d be interested in seeing the scope of the work being done. Might help you decide.

PART 1 PART 2

A blog just posted current refurb pics the other day. While they do not provide a timeline, I thought you’d be interested in seeing the scope of the work being done. Might help you decide.

PART 1 PART 2
That was the construction that we saw last week.
They are missing the construction work that we experienced last week.
This is the area to the right as you walk into the YC from the entrance on the parking and bus stop area.
(D91884ED-1661-4FFE-9005-BB3E10E5F3CC.jpeg

Last edited:

PART 1 PART 2
Thank you very much for these links! Summer is getting closer and closer and now they are planning to refurb the pool bridges???? We are planning a short trip at the beginning of August. I booked at Swalphin to save a little since we are also going on two cruises (fingers crossed). There seems to be IT troubles over there, so I was thinking about changing to YC. But now, IDK. . . You would think the bridges wouldn't take too long. But Disney sure takes it's sweet time.

Sorry I don’t think so. There are a few tables inside and during COVID they added a couple of table right outside the shop sort of in the hallway. I’m not sure if those tables are still there.

Thanks for the reply! We are considering staying here next year and I was so hoping for outdoor tables. That's one of the things we love at GF is eating outside at Gaspies. At least they now have a quick service at YC. That is still a plus from our last visit here.

Thanks for the reply! We are considering staying here next year and I was so hoping for outdoor tables. That's one of the things we love at GF is eating outside at Gaspies. At least they now have a quick service at YC. That is still a plus from our last visit here.
The marketplace at the beach club definitely has a nice outdoor eating area with plenty seating. Very pleasant spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter