Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

There is self-parking, right out in front of the main building, next to the bus stop. It's not far at all, and is very convenient!

I think someone posted that the YC refurb had just been pushed back to November,
Thanks so much for the speedy response!

Picked up a stay at BCV Jan 2-5 at the 7 month mark for DD & myself. Waiting to be able to waitlist Jan 5-6, but we know Marathon week-end will be super busy, so currently we are at SSR for our last night.

So excited! Loved BC & have been longing to return since our August stay last year. :banana:
I have a love-hate relationship with Delta. They changed our flights by 2 hrs on Jan 2, so I took one for the team and had them switch us to a flight on Jan 1.

I knew there was a reason I didn't drop Jan 1 from our BCV reservation. Guess we'll just have to suffer through one more night at BCV... What a hardship...:-)

I have a love-hate relationship with Delta. They changed our flights by 2 hrs on Jan 2, so I took one for the team and had them switch us to a flight on Jan 1.

I knew there was a reason I didn't drop Jan 1 from our BCV reservation. Guess we'll just have to suffer through one more night at BCV... What a hardship...:-)

Bonus night at Disney a score.

::yes::page 513-514

:welcome: to this thread!

:cool1:

Let us know if you end up booking a trip to the resort.

Could someone help me please. I am just about to book a garden view room at the Beach Club but noticed they only have 2 queen beds and not a king bed in these rooms? I find it odd that they wouldn't offer king beds in rooms with garden views? Is this the case or is this a typo on Disney's part?

Thanks! :)

There are some king beds in all of the different view categories, but their availability is limited. You can request a king bed on you reservation but there is no way to guarantee you will receive a room with this configuration.

Interesting. Is this the UK site? I'm looking at the Disney booking site in the US, and garden club rooms state this: "2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed or 1 Queen Bed and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair and 1 Day Bed or 2 Queen Beds or 1 King Bed and 1 Day Bed or 1 King Bed"

However, the garden club level option says only 2 Queen Beds.

That is correct. The BC Club Level Garden rooms only have the 2 Queen Bed configuration. No King Beds and only 1 (if that) room with a daybed.

::yes::

If anyone has ever wanted to capture that soothing music that plays on the speakers at the quiet pool and on BC grounds, I "shazam'd" it which turned up a song by Bill Mize (not all of the songs are by BM).
Then I went to Pandora (free app) and created a new station called "Bill Mize" and it is exactly like the music at the Beach Club!

Thank you so much for sharing this info. At one point I had a Beach Club resort playlist on Post 16, but when I just checked the link, it was no longer a valid link. :(

:rockband:

Just got our resort survey but havent opened the e mail yet. Does Disney ever really read these things and act upon them? Of course you know our stay was less than stellar and I would comment to them that I really didnt feel like it was a good value and I dont think I would recommend it to anyone, especially people my dh work with, until it is rehabbed.

Of course my pet peeve is having Captain Creepy go, lol!

Oh and I missed the alarm clock too. It was a pain to have to keep grabbing my phone in the dark to see what time it was.

I have been told that Disney management does read and pay attention to the feedback they receive on surveys. Some guests have also said they were contacted about specific concerns after completing an after-stay survey.

I totally agree with you about the alarm clock. I definitely prefer to have a table clock to using my phone to tell time in the room.

We definitely need to keep requesting these things from housekeeping and responding on the surveys. I NEED my alarm clock and a fan too!!!

We all need to keep making some noise (or raising an alarm) about the removal of important amenities.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Hi All,

Considering a stay at Yacht Club from 8/23 - 9/1. From reading the first posts, it looks like there was to be construction/rehabs starting that week. However, when I'm previewing the reservation on Disney's site, I'm not seeing the rehab notice that comments say was posted in May.

Has the rehab been pushed out further?

I think I read somewhere where the rehab has been pushed to November or later.

Has anyone seen the fabrics and/or choices that will be in the new rehab of YC? Are they posted anywhere, or is it too early? I love YC and am looking forward to a fresh palette and change. I hope it's elegant and befitting a Yacht Club. :snooty: :boat: :smooth:

page 515

Well.... We just returned from the most magical week at the Beach Club. We were given a huge sprinkle of pixie dust when we checked in. We booked a standard view room and were given anything but that. We were upgraded to a water view. We overlooked Crescent Lake for a week! Being back to reality and not having my morning coffee on the balcony is pretty depressing! Already looking forward to our next trip to the BC. We are staying at the BW for Easter and heading back to the BC for Halloween 2017. Can't wait! Thanks for all the planning help!

I am so glad to hear you had a fantastic trip!

I'll add you to the 2017 Be Our Guest list for October.

We're here now in bcv studio remodeled room! This new remodel is wonderful! So great in fact that I'm checking for my end of summer trip to see if there's anything left ( not expecting honestly ) here at the bcv!

*snip*

Upon check in, I was assigned an old studio. The cm had no problem switching me to a renovated one for our stay and was happy to do so! So, if you're wanting a new room they do their best to accommodate you! Pretty soon there will be more new than old, so getting a new room should not be hard at all

Thanks for the review and info about the renovation progress.

Let us know if you are able to book the BCV for your end of summer trip. Fingers crossed!

Another thing my husband and I have been enjoying here during our stay is the lounge food at the pool!!!

Honestly, the food at hurricane Hannah's wasn't cutting it for us. So I have been going to the yacht club and ordering a crab cake and 1 of those famous burgers as take out to eat at the pool. They are happy to box it to go, and we get something different! The wings are to die for. And for $12, a great deal as they are very very big!

The people sitting next to us we're going to the Martha's vineyard for their drinks as well as take out muscles and wings. They said the mv drinks were better and cheaper than Hannah's and they had no problem doing a plastic cup. So for those that would like a change from hh food, try the lounges as to go! We saw quite a few people poolside with the take out bags so we're not the only ones

Great tip!!!

Thanks!

:goodvibes

I have printed off a bunch of different disney packing lists I have found. What is something you always take that some people wouldn't think of? I have disposable rain panchos, moleskin, and the usuals. Do you buy special socks for moisture wicking?

I have printed off a bunch of different disney packing lists I have found. What is something you always take that some people wouldn't think of? I have disposable rain panchos, moleskin, and the usuals. Do you buy special socks for moisture wicking?

Glide stick for chafing. It is like a stick of deodorant. Ziploc baggies of all different sizes. I take a reading light for when I go out on the balcony in the early morning hours. balcony lights are not on at that time.

Glide stick for chafing. It is like a stick of deodorant. Ziploc baggies of all different sizes. I take a reading light for when I go out on the balcony in the early morning hours. balcony lights are not on at that time.

How did I not think of the glide stick!!! Good call! I have some ziplock, but I was only taking gallon. Might ought to take smaller too! Thanks for the info on the book light too!!!!

Just returned from my family's first split stay BC/Poly. I stayed at BC for Marathon Weekend but it was my family's first stay at BC. We loved it! SAB was awesome. Chef Chris in club was awesome with my daughters food allergies. In fact she had her first donut ever in her life that was safe for her allergies in club. The club staff was very helpful and accommodating. Can't wait to go back!

I always bring a travel packet of water based baby wipes in my park bag. I find them really useful for many things including wiping sticky faces before reapplying sunscreen or cleaning hands on the go and also wiping down tables at quick service places when the only one available is a little messy.
I also bring a couple of small tubs to hold grapes and dry cereal in (they don't get squished in a tub) so that my fussiest of eaters has something healthier than fries and ice-cream to munch on occasionally :thumbsup2
Happy planning:goodvibes

page 516-517

Yes it's the UK site. That's so odd that you guys have different information. I booked a standard view room in the end as that was the one showing a king bed. Very strange! I may give them a call tomorrow. It was just a regular room and not club level too.

Weird that the UK site gives different information! :rolleyes:

Are your dates Oct 14-28 or something else?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Make sure you add a request for "King Bed, please" to your reservation. If you do not receive a room with a king bed, ask when there will be one available if you are willing to move during your stay.

Picked up a stay at BCV Jan 2-5 at the 7 month mark for DD & myself. Waiting to be able to waitlist Jan 5-6, but we know Marathon week-end will be super busy, so currently we are at SSR for our last night.

So excited! Loved BC & have been longing to return since our August stay last year. :banana:

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

I would certainly do that. This is great to know. As many times as we have been to BCVs, and as many pages of the thread I have read over the years never realized they would do this. Thank you so much! This will come in handy for our upcoming trip. No wonder we love this thread!

:disrocks:

I didn't know this either. Awesome suggestions! I am going to work on a post about takeout at the resort to add on to the dining info.

We got back on Monday night from a great trip! We stayed at the YC, and when we got there all their systems were down and there was literally nothing they could do, but the staff could not be more wonderful. He went through our plans for the gave and gave us contingency plans in case anything didn't work and we ended up getting upgraded from a garden/woods to a lagoon view (4133). Our room was nice and it was so nice to have that balcony to sit on in the morning or evenings and watch the boats go by! The location couldn't be beat! The first couple days the resort was quiet and it picked up as the weekend came. The kids loved SAB, especially the sandbar area and the Flying Jib!

We had excellent luck with buses, not so much with boats, but the Uber ride from DHS to YC was $5.50 and worth it after a long or hot day! We will definitely be back!

Thanks so much for your review!

How would you rate the condition of your Yacht Club room? Any issues with wear and tear? I have a post on Page 1 with comments about the current room conditions prior to rehab.

Natebenma, I am happy to report that our tentative plans are now definite AND we added a night! Now staying 11/16 - 11/23. Thanks for adding us! I am now kind of "worried" about the refurb if it holds off until Novemmber. We are staying CL and I would hate to be in the middle of that. But, it is what it is I suppose.

party:

I'll add you to the list! It appears that nothing about the YC room rehab is set in stone. I thought once it started appearing on the reservations pages that we had firm dates, but it appears not be the case.

If construction is happening on the 5th floor during your stay, Disney will their best to minimize disruptions. You may be given some options like moving to BC Club Level (or another resort) or downgrading rooms. I think at the Wilderness Lodge, some guests were able to stay in a standard room while still having access to the lounge which remained open.

Stay tuned here and we will try to post the latest news when we get it.

:cool2:

We drive so we have a huge list of things we like to bring. One of my favs is a bottle of foaming hand soap (or we sometimes just pick it up at the store once we get there). I can't stand bars of soap to wash hands. And BTW, I was at Bath and Body Works the other day and they had a hand soap called Beach House and I picked it up. I swear it smells just like the lobby in the beach club. There was also one called Sparkiling Seas sitting next to it with a yacht steering wheel on it. Yacht Club maybe? Couldn't remember the yacht club scent but definitely worth checking out. We will be there in two days :banana: so I will let you know for sure. After all, we haven't been there since January and maybe it's been so long that I have forgott the smell:rolleyes1

Also, not sure where you are getting your list from but there was a thread on the boards that posed your exact question and it got a lot of interesting responses.

And because I don't believe in doing something without overdoing it- here is the info I have in Post 14: Other Useful Info

I'll have to add the link EasternShoreGal mentions...

Happy reading!

Do you have any packing tips?

Ultimate Packing Lists:

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/packinglist/newpackinglist.pdf

There is another good one from themouseforless.com:

http://www.themouseforless.com/downloads/trip/UltimatePackingList/UltimatePackingList-.pdf

You can also find a packing list and other info on the WDW Prep School site.

How NinjaMom packs for a trip

A Simpler Approach from Best Aunt

Packing bottles of liquid (adult beverages) in checked luggage

And a couple from natebenma:

If you are bringing more than 1 suitcase, make sure you have at least one outfit for each traveler in each piece of luggage. If one bag gets lost, at least everyone will have something to wear.

Legos- these are my sons' favorite souvenirs. In order to get our haul home after a trip to the Lego Store, I open the box and pack the individual bags in our suitcases. Much less bulky. If you want to save the box, you can flatten and put a the bottom of your suitcase.

Essential items: Don't forget the chargers/batteries for your phones and cameras. A booklight if you will be reading out on the balcony in the early morning hours. Ziplock bags of all sizes! Many many uses for these. Swim goggles. Moleskin to help prevent blisters from forming. Glide body stick for chafing issues.

page 518-519

Hi All,

Considering a stay at Yacht Club from 8/23 - 9/1. From reading the first posts, it looks like there was to be construction/rehabs starting that week. However, when I'm previewing the reservation on Disney's site, I'm not seeing the rehab notice that comments say was posted in May.

Has the rehab been pushed out further?

One other question at this point (I'm sure I'll have more) - we will have a rental car with us. How far out is the self-parking or is it only valet that is available here? Most of the property maps I've seen only show the buildings, not the parking.

Thanks!

:welcome:

Let us know if you end up booking a stay.

Yes, we believe the rehab has been pushed back to November or later but we haven't seen anything official from Disney.

I have no experience with parking at the resort, but others have answered your question.

Got it!

Nice call!

Just returned from my family's first split stay BC/Poly. I stayed at BC for Marathon Weekend but it was my family's first stay at BC. We loved it! SAB was awesome. Chef Chris in club was awesome with my daughters food allergies. In fact she had her first donut ever in her life that was safe for her allergies in club. The club staff was very helpful and accommodating. Can't wait to go back!

Thank you for letting us know about your stay and particularly your experience with dealing with allergy concerns in club level. May I use your comment to the posts I have about dining with food allergies at the resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter