Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I updated the BOG list from the past week. Please take a moment to check it out to make sure I have your information listed correctly.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:goodvibes

Sorry to be a pain in the butt when you just updated but I have a couple of upcoming stays too! Dec 7-9 yacht club CL for MVMCP and then Feb 22-26 at Beach Club for Princess 1/2!

And thanks for the updates about the construction! I changed from WL to Yacht last Jan to avoid the construction and now it looks like maybe YC won't start room renos to Jan? I like that!

Sorry to be a pain in the butt when you just updated but I have a couple of upcoming stays too! Dec 7-9 yacht club CL for MVMCP and then Feb 22-26 at Beach Club for Princess 1/2!

And thanks for the updates about the construction! I changed from WL to Yacht last Jan to avoid the construction and now it looks like maybe YC won't start room renos to Jan? I like that!

Always glad to add more trips to the list!

I'll get you on the next update.

:cool1:

Yes, I have heard from 3 different sources that the YC renos will likely be delayed until at least January. I won't believe the work is starting until I hear the construction walls have gone up. Especially since Disney has already blocked off rooms and posted on the booking website with renovation timelines that have changed.

:headache:

Yes, I have heard from 3 different sources that the YC renos will likely be delayed until at least January. I won't believe the work is starting until I hear the construction walls have gone up. Especially since Disney has already blocked off rooms and posted on the booking website with renovation timelines that have changed.

:headache:

I wonder if that means that they have added room inventory back in till end of 2016.

That is frustrating about the water. Especially to see some people getting bottles of water and some not. What?!?

My plan for an upcoming trip is to purchase a gallon jug of water from The Marketplace and use it to fill a reusable bottle. I am hoping to get ice as well, but I can't remember if the club level floors have guest accessible ice machines (specifically, Yacht Club).

Anyone know?

You're in luck........ the CL floor at the YC has a guest accessible ice machine in a small room diagonally across the hall from the lounge.

In past YC CL stays we've been able to get either larger bottles of water or a carafe of filtered water. However, we all know how they change things on a whim, or how it depends on which CM you ask. Lately we've been using your idea of gallon jugs of water, no matter where we stay.

I wonder if that means that they have added room inventory back in till end of 2016.

I just tried to check that, but the Disney website was down. Especially after a few people mentioned getting a "Managers special" rate for the YC for end of the year and early 2017 trips.

:badpc:

ETA: I just checked and the message on the YC booking page is still listing that the resort is undergoing refurbishments starting in late October and most room categories in Nov/Dec are still not available. Unsure whether that is due to rooms being booked or rooms being blocked for the renovations.

:confused3

You're in luck........ the CL floor at the YC has a guest accessible ice machine in a small room diagonally across the hall from the lounge.

In past YC CL stays we've been able to get either larger bottles of water or a carafe of filtered water. However, we all know how they change things on a whim, or how it depends on which CM you ask. Lately we've been using your idea of gallon jugs of water, no matter where we stay.

Thank you!!!

I don't need Evian, I just want "Not Florida Water", so purchasing gallon jugs will be just fine. Even if they are overpriced, it is less expensive than buying individual bottles of water in parks and is more environmentally friendly.

:butterfly

Last edited:
I just changed our Feb 24 to March 8 mother/daughter trip to AKL from BC so you can remove us from the list, please. I can spend with the best of them but I just could not pass up the $4000 difference between the BC CL deluxe room (we could only get rack rate) and the AKL CL savanna room with the new discount. Crazy price difference-we can take cabs everywhere and pay for all of our meals, drinks, shows, souvenirs and events with that money. Seriously, over $11,400 for BC or $7200 for AKL? Heck, I could rent a limo and hire a chauffeur for the entire trip for the difference=Lol.

page 697

Thanks for your review.

That is frustrating about the water. Especially to see some people getting bottles of water and some not. What?!?

My plan for an upcoming trip is to purchase a gallon jug of water from The Marketplace and use it to fill a reusable bottle. I am hoping to get ice as well, but I can't remember if the club level floors have guest accessible ice machines (specifically, Yacht Club).

Anyone know?

:goodvibes

I didn't notice that!!!

:blush:

Thanks for the video. Haven't seen the YC one before. Love the detail in the tour (although I am sadly reminded about the now-removed room clocks).

I'll add the video the YC room view/description thread.

:thumbsup2
Yes. They do have an ice machine. You need to have have three hands. Two to hold open the bag and another one to push the button that is above the ce spout to the upper right. I wish I would have thought of the gallon jug for water. Oh well! Live and learn.

I just changed our Feb 24 to March 8 mother/daughter trip to AKL from BC so you can remove us from the list, please. I can spend with the best of them but I just could not pass up the $4000 difference between the BC CL deluxe room (we could only get rack rate) and the AKL CL savanna room with the new discount. Crazy price difference-we can take cabs everywhere and pay for all of our meals, drinks, shows, souvenirs and events with that money. Seriously, over $11,400 for BC or $7200 for AKL? Heck, I could rent a limo and hire a chauffeur for the entire trip for the difference=Lol.
AKL Cl is amazing. Your trip sounds like such fun! :flower1:

I have 2 maybe 3 trips before our stay at Beach Club, yet all my countdowns and all I can think about is our Beach Club trip! I actually go this weekend but staying offsite for the first time at Four Seasons (its free) I think while my husband is working during the day I may go checkout beach club, yacht club and the boardwalk area. We've never been to any of them. We are very familiar with the mk resorts but haven't been to any of the epcot area ones! 274 days to our beach club stay:(

We were at the Dolphin last night for dinner and our shoes were still soaked this morning from our walk back. Fortunately we had our ponchos with us.
We put our shoes on top of the credenza and were surprised to find that they dried overnight up there. :)

Wood Nymph, Room ????

We stayed in a handicap accessible room at the BC and the vanity was inside the room with the toilet and shower.
BC room 1634
I posted pictures in the Beach Club room view thread

Quick update - we made it through the Halloween party on Sunday night without getting rained on .
We saw the Star Wars fireworks from our table at Narcoossee last night.
the lazy river is still a lovely way to pass the time in the afternoon.

It is our last full day today and we plan to hit three parks. ::yes::

And we are having a good time. :)

Last edited:

I think that was what happened... my dec trip was a late booking and there was not much available, I was originally in a one-bedroom at AKL (we have 5 this trip), but one day several YC room categories popped up and I got CL at a decent rate. In another group several people mentioned that they switched to YC around the same time for their December trips.

I think that was what happened... my dec trip was a late booking and there was not much available, I was originally in a one-bedroom at AKL (we have 5 this trip), but one day several YC room categories popped up and I got CL at a decent rate. In another group several people mentioned that they switched to YC around the same time for their December trips.

Yes we were one of those people too!

Did they already release late 2017 rates? I haven't heard anything yet. Although your TA may be different than my TA... :surfweb:

~Cari~ pluto:

I was just wondering the same thing. I've been waiting for next fall rates to come out.

Rates for the fall are already out (I believe everything is out with them with the exception of the labor day deal). I can tell you the fall rates, or at least for October, weren't as great as I hoped but they were better than what Disney put out this fall.

Funny, when the deal came up for our BC to YC switch last week, I hesitated for a moment because I was worried that it opened up due to others dropping their room over construction concerns. Just goes to show I need to be less of a cynic and start looking for the silver lining instead of the impending rain.

@Wood Nymph - You get 20% off refillable mugs with the AP discount?! I was starting to think we wouldn't get them, but 20% discount helps me justify the cost again...

Our trip last month, we stayed one night at POP before moving to GF. We bought new mugs at POP and they wouldn't let us use our 10% AP discount on the mugs :sad2:
The 20% annual passholder discount has been great. It works at the Marketplace, Boardwalk Bakery, Pecos Bills, etc. The discount is very useful if you are staying in one of the deluxe resorts, since it covers their counter service restaurants. :)
I don't need Evian, I just want "Not Florida Water", so purchasing gallon jugs will be just fine. Even if they are overpriced, it is less expensive than buying individual bottles of water in parks and is more environmentally friendly.
We always use the filtered water from the beverage dispenser. It is even very good water. :)

We learned that the Captain's Grill will be moved to Ariel's during their remodeling. It is supposed to begin in January. They are making Ale and Compass much larger so that they have offer breakfast in the morning and have more room for conventioneers in the evening.

The current construction is in the Beach Club parking lot near the convention center. They are taking out trees along the road so that they can make the parking lot bigger.

They have been sending extra buses for people wanting to go to MK in the mornings. We haven't had to wait more than 5 or ten minutes or so for one in the mornings.

We are scheduled to fly home late tomorrow afternoon. I'm glad that we will be gone before the Hurricane hits Florida. We had a flight cancelled the last time we stayed at the Beach Club and don't want it to happen again.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter