Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Wow...$15 per ride is a bit steep for us ( 2 people), but I can see it being practical for a family, especially with little kids (and parents!)who are tired.

Or if they have vehicles with more than 1 car seat. That can be an issue for some families.

Wow...$15 per ride is a bit steep for us ( 2 people), but I can see it being practical for a family, especially with little kids (and parents!)who are tired.
$15 a ride was the average of what we would be charged to take a Mears taxi to or from the BC and the Wilderness Lodge or the Grand Floridian.

This is what they are unveiling at D23...some are speculating that THIS is what they will be using. I tend to believe they won't keep the ears.

WDWNT is reporting different (Chevy) vehicles may be used.
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/07/break...vice-called-minnie-vans-first-details-emerge/
This car will be on display at D23, but we have no confirmation that this Minnie Van will be used as the Disney Uber. WDWNT is reporting Chevy vehicles, but again no confirmation.

Can we use the BCV garden grocer service if we paid for the bcv room through disney rather than dvc?

Garden Grocer is not affiliated with Disney. They will deliver whether you booked through Disney or through DVC; they have no idea how you booked. They deliver to BC Bell Services whether you are staying at BC or BCV.

There is a different service in which you download an order form from the DVC Member website. You order, and Disney picks up the items for you in Beach Club Marketplace. They take the items up to your BCV room. I don't know if you have to be a DVC member to use this service.

Garden Grocer is not affiliated with Disney. They will deliver whether you booked through Disney or through DVC; they have no idea how you booked. They deliver to BC Bell Services whether you are staying at BC or BCV.

There is a different service in which you download an order form from the DVC Member website. You order, and Disney picks up the items for you in Beach Club Marketplace. They take the items up to your BCV room. I don't know if you have to be a DVC member to use this service.
I think that is the particular service I'm thinking of and needing to know whether I have to be a dvc member or not.

Can we use the BCV garden grocer service if we paid for the bcv room through disney rather than dvc?
We had used this grocery service at Old Key West even though we were on a cash reservation through Disney and not DVC members. I had gotten the order form from a website, filled it out and sent it in. The food was delivered to our villa and they put the food away for us. It was a very nice service. You are buying the same food that they sell in the resort store. The big difference is that they pull the items from the shelves and deliver it to your room for a small fee. We paid $10 for our order a couple of years ago.

I was later told that it was for DVC members, which I didn't know at the time. I had no problems using it.

Quick question for you BC vets. I've noticed the world showcase area of Epcot opens later than the main gates to the north area. My family and I are staying late August 2018 (FYI if it matters). If we want to rope drop Epcot can we still use the entrance next to Beach Club? or do we have to make our way around to the front entrance? Thanks!

NO!! :( $15-20 is what I paid for an Uber XL with surge pricing at like 11pm to get from Poly to AKL. It's a rip if you're Uber-fluent but could be a decent option if you're not. Sucks to be a taxi driver at WDW in a few months...

This exactly.

Also don't forget about LYFT. They treat their drivers better and in fact some people drive for both LYFT and Uber.

I'm thinking that the Minnie Van will probably have some type of Disney Theme. That's just good marketing, especially when you are trying to establish an offering. In addition to a "Pimp my ride Minnie style" external appearance, I'd expect the van to have memorable offerings like freshly baked cookies, skim milk (Complimentary Beano tablets upon request) and polka dotted napkins to wipe away any dribbles from an errant pothole collision. The radio would be set to the love song station and Daisy Duck would be riding shot gun next to Minnie as she drives. If Minnie ever had to honk the horn, Beyonce's "Single Ladies" would play. If they ever saw Mickey on the road then I would expect a lot of honking because that Bro needs all the hints he can get when it comes to an engagement ring.

You would think that being the celebrity that she is, Minnie wouldn't need a side gig driving for WYFT or DUBER. I suppose those tight fisted bean counters in Disney accounting are finally going after the entertainment. If they can eliminate the molten liquid cheese for the nachos and disappear the bed runners it's only a matter of time until Minnie's hours would be cut and she would have to tap into her 401k or drive on the side. Don't believe the rumors that Minnie's bar bill is at the center of her financial woes. She can always get Black Pete to pick up the tab if Mickey's not around.

It might be worth the up charge to cruise around town with the windows down, belting out "Lady in red" at the top of our lungs with Minnie and Daisy...
Sign me up!

~NM

Quick question for you BC vets. I've noticed the world showcase area of Epcot opens later than the main gates to the north area. My family and I are staying late August 2018 (FYI if it matters). If we want to rope drop Epcot can we still use the entrance next to Beach Club? or do we have to make our way around to the front entrance? Thanks!
The International Gateway, next to the Beach Club, opens at the same time as the main gates of Epcot. You can walk to Future World from there. :)

There isn't any way to get to the front of Epcot from the Epcot resorts unless you drive or use a taxi.

This exactly.

Also don't forget about LYFT. They treat their drivers better and in fact some people drive for both LYFT and Uber.

I'm thinking that the Minnie Van will probably have some type of Disney Theme. That's just good marketing, especially when you are trying to establish an offering. In addition to a "Pimp my ride Minnie style" external appearance, I'd expect the van to have memorable offerings like freshly baked cookies, skim milk (Complimentary Beano tablets upon request) and polka dotted napkins to wipe away any dribbles from an errant pothole collision. The radio would be set to the love song station and Daisy Duck would be riding shot gun next to Minnie as she drives. If Minnie ever had to honk the horn, Beyonce's "Single Ladies" would play. If they ever saw Mickey on the road then I would expect a lot of honking because that Bro needs all the hints he can get when it comes to an engagement ring.

You would think that being the celebrity that she is, Minnie wouldn't need a side gig driving for WYFT or DUBER. I suppose those tight fisted bean counters in Disney accounting are finally going after the entertainment. If they can eliminate the molten liquid cheese for the nachos and disappear the bed runners it's only a matter of time until Minnie's hours would be cut and she would have to tap into her 401k or drive on the side. Don't believe the rumors that Minnie's bar bill is at the center of her financial woes. She can always get Black Pete to pick up the tab if Mickey's not around.

It might be worth the up charge to cruise around town with the windows down, belting out "Lady in red" at the top of our lungs with Minnie and Daisy...
Sign me up!

~NM
I think it's safe to say that we all miss your posts!!! Lol

NO!! :( $15-20 is what I paid for an Uber XL with surge pricing at like 11pm to get from Poly to AKL. It's a rip if you're Uber-fluent but could be a decent option if you're not. Sucks to be a taxi driver at WDW in a few months...
We typically paid about $15 a ride for a Mears taxi plus a tip so it was close to $20. Haven't used Uber at Disney before but was planning on doing so this next trip and would have expected to pay $7-9 or so. If the new Disney transportation is around $15 I wouldn't be completely opposed to using it but if $20 then that's a bit rich. And Disney needs to make sure there's plenty of availability -- the primary reason I take cabs at Disney is because (1) I don't like waiting for buses and (2) I don't like making stops on the way to my destination, so if there are waits for the Disney vans I'll stick with cabs/Uber. And finally, I wonder how this will work for getting to MK - we typically ask the cab driver to drop us off at the entrance to Contemporary so we have a short walk over, and I doubt Disney will allow their van drivers to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter