Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are arriving at the YC in 12 days and did online check in. It never asked what time we were arriving. Did I miss it?

People have been asking about this in another thread. Are you using Magical Express? I think people are saying that if you are using Magical Express to get to the hotel, Disney has your flight info and knows when you will arrive, and thus currently isn't letting you put an arrival time in for yourself when doing online check in.

So I just went to do online check-in. I let my TA make room requests and leave that section blank, but I like to let the resort know when we're arriving. This time, in the spot for arrival information, it just said "Disney's Magical Express," and there was no place for me to add anything about flight information. Is this newish? I assume this means that through Magical Express, the resort in fact knows when we're arriving? I only ask because our first day plan is to get to the BC before noontime and pool it up before dinner at 5, and we'd love to have our room to change/shower in.
We weren't able to put in our arrival time either.. it just says Disneys Magical Express. The past few trips we were able to. I am assuming they know our arrival time since they have our flight into with DME.

When I did on-line check-in for my May trip to the Boardwalk Villas, it listed Magical Express as the arrival time :rolleyes1 I figured that using the Magic Band to check in for Magical Express allowed the system to "keep track" of my arrival time ::yes::

People have been asking about this in another thread. Are you using Magical Express? I think people are saying that if you are using Magical Express to get to the hotel, Disney has your flight info and knows when you will arrive, and thus currently isn't letting you put an arrival time in for yourself when doing online check in.
Yes we are taking ME

Yes we are taking ME
Maybe they have found that people put an earlier arrival time to help ensure a room is ready....just thinking out loud here.

Using the MB ensures they know exactly when you get into line at the airport, and then they know for sure and can send room info if it's ready.

Maybe they have found that people put an earlier arrival time to help ensure a room is ready....just thinking out loud here.

Using the MB ensures they know exactly when you get into line at the airport, and then they know for sure and can send room info if it's ready.
Thats what I was thinking. Perhaps they're trying to make it more fair. They dont want to prepare and hold a room for someone who wrote in a time and then doesnt show until much later which could take that room away from someone who actually checked-in at that time and needs it at that time.

We are "supposed" to land at 4:00pm, so we are definitely not going to be to the YC before 5-5:30pm, the earliest.

Sorry, I know this has been answered but can't find it. We are staying in the YC in 11 days. My kids are big milk drinkers. Does a gallon of milk fit in the new refrig at the YC? We are probably going to also need a half gallon of whole milk for coffee. Would this fit as well? Thanks for any help.

Sorry, I know this has been answered but can't find it. We are staying in the YC in 11 days. My kids are big milk drinkers. Does a gallon of milk fit in the new refrig at the YC? We are probably going to also need a half gallon of whole milk for coffee. Would this fit as well? Thanks for any help.
I believe a half gallon, not a full gallon, will fit

You might get an idea of the size of the fridge by viewing this photo, which shows a one liter bottle of water and a 16.9 oz bottle of water on the shelf above it. The shelf can be removed for storing taller items.

img_1385-2-jpg.242606

Whats the best way to get to a ppo adr at MK? I don't know if $20 minnie van is a good deal when i could uber for less. But then again where is uber allowed to drop off? maybe the extra 5 is worth it if we can be dropped off right at MK rather than TTC or elsewhere.

Whats the best way to get to a ppo adr at MK? I don't know if $20 minnie van is a good deal when i could uber for less. But then again where is uber allowed to drop off? maybe the extra 5 is worth it if we can be dropped off right at MK rather than TTC or elsewhere.

Regular Uber would drop you off at TTC. Or you could uber to Contemporary Resort and walk from there. Minnie Van takes you directly to bus area at MK. Also buses are supposed to leave early enough to get you from hotel to MK for PPO meal. You could try waiting for a bus and give it until a certain time; if it doesn't come you could then uber or minnie van. (Minnie Van is through Lyft app so download Lyft app and set up account ahead of time.)

Yep. I used it a couple of times though and found the coffee came out tasting like water with a tiny hint of coffee...

Has anyone ever tried to double pod the Coffee machine? I have a friend who is a coffee addict. To keep things anonymous let's refer to this friend as "D". Basically, "D" was fine until she started working at Dunkin Donuts in high School. That's when the monkey climbed on her back. To this day "D" is deeply addicted and I have a trip coming up soon with her. The last time we got together I could have sworn I saw her try to snort one of the pods. She kept telling me she didn't do that but the coffee dust under her nostrils gave her away.

She also has been known to squirrel away pods in her cheeks.
...and by that I mean the cheeks in her head.

It's really embarrassing when she hangs around the housekeeping carts looking for handouts. I know she does that because I am right next to her looking for lotion handouts.

Unfortunately we won't be staying at the Beach/Yacht Club this time. We are staying at Saratoga Springs so I'm guessing we will have bags of coffee that she will get into. Does anyone know how many bags of coffee fit into the room safes at Saratoga Springs? Since we are staying on DVC points I'm thinking that housekeeping will not be around enough to support her habit so we will probably be making a stop at a Warehouse Club to get the giant bins.

I really think this friend of mine needs help with her coffee habit. I'm thinking of bringing some Dunkin Donuts stickers and telling her they are caffeine patches. If you see a twitchy women with chubby cheeks (Again, the ones on top), walking around WDW covered in Dunkin Donuts stickers this will not be her Halloween costume. This sad soul will be my friend. If she asks you if all the Starbucks and Joffreys in the parks are closed for refurbishment for God's sake say YES! I'd like to tour the parks with her and not have to stop at every single ladies room.

~NM

PS. I already know we are going to have to get prunes from the warehouse club for my friend from Canada. That friend won't need to hit the ladies room until day 3 or 4...

Last edited:

Or you could go to the Contempaoary and say you have Dinner reservations or are trying to get dinner reservations there such and such so the guard lets the uber drop you off. Just a thought for your situation dont know how disney is with people getting dropped off for dinners and what not but its not like the guard will know if you actually eat their or not

Also

Has anyone ever tried to double pod the Coffee machine? I have a friend who is a coffee addict. To keep things anonymous let's refer to this friend as "D". Basically, "D" was fine until she started working at Dunkin Donuts in high School. That's when the monkey climbed on her back. To this day "D" is deeply addicted and I have a trip coming up soon with her. The last time we got together I could have sworn I saw her try to snort one of the pods. She kept telling me she didn't do that but the coffee dust under her nostrils gave her away.

It's really embarrassing when she hangs around the housekeeping carts looking for handouts. I know she does that because I am right next to her looking for lotion handouts.

Unfortunately we won't be staying at the Beach/Yacht Club this time. We are staying at Saratoga Springs so I'm guessing we will have bags of coffee that she will get into. Does anyone know how many bags of coffee fit into the room safes at Saratoga Springs? Since we are staying on DVC points I'm thinking that housekeeping will not be around enough to support her habit so we will probably be making a stop at a Warehouse Club to get the giant bins.

I would just say pack DD ground coffee and filters in her bag sounds like the most safest place since staying in DVC resort. I would say I could help but the CM that works at Saratoga works for baggage handling and not housekeeping otherwise I could of asked him to help you guys out , but it is possible to ust call housekeeping and ask that etra things be brought to the room as at Christmas time for us someone made that request and a huge bag of Toiletiers showed up while we were out of our room getting bags ans stuff

By the way I am currently sitting at 56 Days to go

Last edited:

I really think this friend of mine needs help with her coffee habit. I'm thinking of bringing some Dunkin Donuts stickers and telling her they are caffeine patches. If you see a twitchy women with chubby cheeks (Again, the ones on top), walking around WDW covered in Dunkin Donuts stickers this will not be her Halloween costume. This sad soul will be my friend. If she asks you if all the Starbucks and Joffreys in the parks are closed for refurbishment for God's sake say YES! I'd like to tour the parks with her and not have to stop at every single ladies room.

~NM

PS. I already know we are going to have to get prunes from the warehouse club for my friend from Canada. That friend won't need to hit the ladies room until day 3 or 4...
A really great read. I think I will smile now every time I see a D&D sticker.

~NM

Now you might have just gone too far and had better watch out during your girls' trip. "D" may just slip you a ::MickeyMo and take a picture of you, sprawled out in bed,unconscious, surrounded by empty liquor bottles. She might even write a nasty something on your forehead with a permanent marker...maybe even post it on this thread! She has some crazy friends, and you never know what kind of ideas she can get from them.

Last edited:
Now you might have just gone too far and had better watch out during your girls' trip. "D" may just slip you a ::MickeyMo and take a picture of you, sprawled out in bed,unconscious, surrounded by empty liquor bottles. She might even write a nasty something on your forehead with a permanent marker...maybe even post it on this thread! She has some crazy friends, and you never know what kind of ideas she can get from them.

I beg to differ! I never WROTE anything on her head. I just put a hat on her...

28f7a9838357a713391f35eba96e8e8d.jpg

~NM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter