• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are surprising our kids in just over a month, we've been booked for a year and they are begging to go on a vacation. I am dying, the packing (or secret piles of stuff hidden everywhere) is awful! These kids better be surprised! I just told my husband this morning that we will never do this again! Major first world problems happening in this house.
Well done, I could not keep a vacation mute for that long.

I am imagining "Mom have you seen my red top?", "My hat was right there and now it's gone!"
Yep I have to leave the kids carry on bags for last because a missing backpack is more noticeable. Luckily DH let me order new tops and shorts for the trip with the reasoning that they have grown and can use the new clothes anyways so I've had their outfits packed for awhile. And I decided to do a scavenger hunt that has nothing to do with disney because even a hint of a mouse sticker or a princess involved will blow it.

We are surprising our kids in just over a month, we've been booked for a year and they are begging to go on a vacation. I am dying, the packing (or secret piles of stuff hidden everywhere) is awful! These kids better be surprised! I just told my husband this morning that we will never do this again! Major first world problems happening in this house.

Lol! Have fun! We surprised ours with a trip to wdw years ago when they were young (6, 4, 4). They were young and oblivious and never said a word about why I had piles of summer clothes and a couple of suitcases in my room. They were stunned the morning we left when we asked what they wanted to do that day.

:cool2:Page 986-988

Hi! Could you please add us to the Be Our Guest list?
Oct 20-29 Beach Club. - thanks !

Will do!

:cool1:

Hi all! Are the coffee makers in BC rooms still the Cuisinart coffee pod type?

I know your question has been answered- just want to say

:welcome: and have a FANTASTIC trip!

:woohoo:

just changed our ressie from BWV to YC because of SAB. I didn't even know that the resort had been renovated. We're going 9/3 to 9/7. Yayyyyy

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15 of this thread.

:goodvibes

Can anyone tell me what the logistics of the bus construction look like? I was reading they would shuttle you from the bus stop to the temporary bus stop, but I'm traveling with someone in a wheelchair and that seems like a deal breaker for me.

I'll add you to the list. Beach Club or Yacht Club?

As others have said, we are not aware of any current work at the bus stops.

:cool2:

Page 989-990

I will be there in Oct..is there much construction happening now which could affect our stay?

Which resort?

I'm not aware of anything at Beach Club.

There may be lobby work at the Yacht Club as they are working on the former Captain's Grille/Ale & Compass.

I'll add you to the list.

:)

Are pool hours for Storm Along Bay 9AM to 10 PM for August ?

I assume those are the hours.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

26 days till we get to enjoy SAB again and we are already set for 2018.

Dee, can you please add us to the BOG list for BC 9/6 - 9/16/18 next time you update? :jumping3:

Will do!

:woohoo:

@natebenma you probably already know this and its not Y & B specific, but you can also tweet WDW Today with the names of CMs that made your trip extra magical and they will pass that along to their supervisors. They responded to the tweet too. Just an extra fun way to give kudos to those that deserve it, we had a lot this past trip!!

I didn't know that! Thanks for the info- I'll add that to the "How do I contact Disney with suggestions/compliments/etc.

:thumbsup2

Once again, I have updated the Be Our Guest list. Please let me know if I need to make any adjustments.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

I'll do my best to keep up here in the next couple of weeks, but I have a lot going on, so I will only be able to check in briefly.

So a generic :welcome: to the new friends who will be posting here and thanks to everyone who continues to be so helpful answering questions.

:grouphug:

Hi @natebenma, aka Dee,
We have BC CL stay lined up for DD's 39th (She'll be living in HI for #40, so going a year early) birthday March 2 - 7, 2018.
Would you be willing to add us to the BOG list as well?
Thank you!
Also, her actual b'day isn't until the 19th, but that's ok, right? DH and I always go the week of our wedding anniversary, so we are always there on the exact day.
I hope they still have turn down service at YC at that time. Kind of disappointing if not.
Sparkle on!

Our countdown is finally in the teens!!! Only 19 days until I get to enjoy the BC again. This is our 2nd stay there... last years trip was truly amazing and we fell in love with the resort. Can't believe it has almost been a year. My 2 year old niece is so excited. We got our magic bands on Friday.

20768005_10214297444693575_1245158281256868318_n.jpg

Our countdown is finally in the teens!!! Only 19 days until I get to enjoy the BC again. This is our 2nd stay there... last years trip was truly amazing and we fell in love with the resort. Can't believe it has almost been a year. My 2 year old niece is so excited. We got our magic bands on Friday.

View attachment 261713
LOVE the gold Mickey! Did you order it blinged out?

I did that to one of mine, and had some trouble with the readers - but that was a long time ago....might want to bring along some polish remover as a "just in case"....
That's odd! I have been doing it for the last 4 trips and never had a problem with it.

Help...trying to ship amazon prime pantry package and getting error, "street name or number appears to be invalid". Anyone else received this error message? I'm using 1800 Epcot Resorts Blvd, Lake Buena Vista Fl, 32830...

Update, I had to call amazon and they had to add address option to my profile.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter