Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

That’s exc
Looks like "Parking Areas" are still included in Standard, but also in Resort View... almost like saying, "hey, pay your money, take your chances on what you see"... I have always gotten either GV or WV (only once!) so I really don't want to pay for a SV if I'm wanting to see woodsy or gardens - we always request GV with a large balcony or first floor because we love sitting out there with coffee in the AM and wine in the evening before bed, and have been lucky so far. But now, it seems to be a crap shoot.
Exactly! And that’s exactly what I do. First floor with large balcony for coffee and cocktails.

Hey! Would anyone there be willing to take a picture of the alcohol selection in the cooler area? Specifically interested if there is vodka and tequila. TIA! :)

I booked the BC Standard view reservation on June 15th - just a few months ago. :)

Just wondered coz they announced the changes in May, but I remember they didn’t change all the hotels right away. Will be interesting to see what happens into next year. I hope they do leave standard views & it ends up they just reworded garden view to resort view. I have a YC CL resort view booked for next year & am seriously considering cancelling coz I don’t want to risk a standard view room.

Just wondered coz they announced the changes in May, but I remember they didn’t change all the hotels right away. Will be interesting to see what happens into next year. I hope they do leave standard views & it ends up they just reworded garden view to resort view. I have a YC CL resort view booked for next year & am seriously considering cancelling coz I don’t want to risk a standard view room.
I booked a standard view BWI in mid-June for this Fall.

I too am curious if this is still an actively booked category!

I tend to believe that the room assigners will use the original room designations when assigning rooms rather than whatever descriptions are listed on the website. I believe that Disney left the room view descriptions a little general so that people don't complain if it isn't what they expected. :)

We have a BC resort view booked for October. If our room is over the big, flat roof where standard rooms are located then you can be sure that I will be going to the front desk, asking to be moved. But I really do think that I will get a woods/garden view room.

I tend to believe that the room assigners will use the original room designations when assigning rooms rather than whatever descriptions are listed on the website. I believe that Disney left the room view descriptions a little general so that people don't complain if it isn't what they expected. :)

We have a BC resort view booked for October. If our room is over the big, flat roof where standard rooms are located then you can be sure that I will be going to the front desk, asking to be moved. But I really do think that I will get a woods/garden view room.
I am thinking that it probably has more to do with pricing than anything else. If they lump all of the standards into the resort view category, and charge the same thing as they used to for garden view, it's basically an increase in price. If they continue with a standard view and charge less, that would make more sense.

I hope that they keep the three categories, as people value different things, some value price, some value view. And they are willing to pay the difference.

We are staying at the YC for the first time in August 2024. We’ve only ever stayed at the poly. (Still staying at the poly but doing a split stay). Looking forward to being about to walk to EPCOT.

We are staying at the YC for the first time in August 2024. We’ve only ever stayed at the poly. (Still staying at the poly but doing a split stay). Looking forward to being about to walk to EPCOT.
Being walking distance to Epcot and DHS is one of the great things about YC, but there are many other things to love about it. You have two wonderful resorts on your horizon!

How much space for groceries is there in a regular Yacht Club room? I don’t want to over order but I like having all the necessities for breakfast and snacks in the room.

How much space for groceries is there in a regular Yacht Club room? I don’t want to over order but I like having all the necessities for breakfast and snacks in the room.

The fridge/ beverage cooler isn’t big, but there are plenty of shelves in the closets to store stuff. I guess it would depend how much other stuff you have. I’m sure there is a picture in the YC section on page 1 to get an idea.

As @focusondisney noted, the beverage cooler isn't large , but there is quite a bit of closet space. In addition, there is a drawer above the fridge where we usually put plastic cutlery and tea bags I bring from home. There are also a couple of shelves above the fridge/cooler where we put some of the grocery items so they are easily accessible. You can store quite a bit without it feeling disorganized or crowded.

I have no intelligence [almost set myself up with that one] insight on the reboot of the BCV refurb but for some reason thought I saw that it had restarted. The Dunes Cove pool work is scheduled to begin on October 2 and conclude sometime in December. All that I know is that I'm going to have to schlep my self over to the BC leisure pool [Tidal Pool] for our October trip! I may even make it to SAB sometime! Hoping the Dunes Cove pool is back online for our 11/29 - 12/6 Holiday visit! If not, I'll be well trained! Hope you have a good vacation!
Looks like our trips will once again overlap. When I read the post about the Dunes Cove refurb I immediately thought of you. You are just going to have to schlep to SAB and look us up! We are planned for 10/19-10/29.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter