Distance between Universal and Disney

eternaldisneyfan

<font color=royalblue>Have an Attitude of Gratitud
We are thinking about spending one day at Universal. The primary destination (and hotel) are in Anaheim. How long is the drive? Is traffic bad? Is traffic worse at certain times?

Thanks,
Christamae

On a good day, we've made the trip in under 45 minutes. The worst I ever had it, I took a hotel shuttle from Dis to USH and it took 1 hr and 45 minutes to get back to Anaheim. That was at 6:30pm. Long, long, LONG ride back. But totally worth it really. USH is pretty cool :cool1:

I can't figure out what USH means, help please? :)

Anyone know of an alternate route from Disneyland to UHS? I've taken I-5 Santa Ana northbound and it's been a traffic jam everytime. Would going north on Orange hwy 57 and then heading west to 101 be any better traffic wise?

Anyone know of an alternate route from Disneyland to UHS? I've taken I-5 Santa Ana northbound and it's been a traffic jam everytime. Would going north on Orange hwy 57 and then heading west to 101 be any better traffic wise?
I-5 to the 101 through the "downtown slot" and Hollywood is the most direct route and I generally just bite the bullet. Any alternate routes such as 5/605/210/134 through Pasadena/Glendale will encounter its own set of problems.

If you really want to avoid traffic consider Metrolink or Amtrak from the Fullerton or Anaheim station to LA's Union Station, then the MTA Red Line from there to the Universal City station. http://www.mta.net/riding_metro/red_line.htm Metrolink is the commuter train line which runs through OC only on weekdays during commute hours, but the Metrolink fare covers the subway, so it's fairly cost effective for one or two people. If you need to take Amtrak then the Red Line fare is extra. YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter