DL to DTD?

Sadie Girl

Earning My Ears
Last time I was at Disneyland DTD wasn't even there!

I'm thinking about our food budget and thinking that we'd eat one meal in DL each day and one outside - like at DTD. So how far is it to walk to DTD from DL (like from the front gates)? We're going in November, is the monorail an option to get there?

The walk from the gates of Disneyland to the center of Downtown Disney is about a 2 - 4 minute walk depending on your pace. BUT....I don't think the food is any less expensive than inside the park. There is a McDonnalds about a 5-8 minute walk from the front gates but you can get that inside DCA if you want.

Not sure about the monorail working at that time because of work being done on the new NEMO ride.

But I agree with daannzzz, I wouldnt bet on the food being ony cheaper in DTD than in the parks.

Have a great time!

DtD is right outside the gates. I agree that the food isn't any cheaper, although we were able to get some fairly descent pizza at Napolini and some Mexican food from the to go window at Tortilla Joe's Taqueria that weren't too overpriced. The portions at Tortilla Joe's were definitely big enough to share. My mom also really liked the hot dogs from the Wetzel pretzel stand. But if you want to do more than take out, it will be quite expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter