DLP is a Disney Bargain even for Brits

I would still rather spend 2 weeks in Florida than 1 week in Paris! ;)

when DLP paris first opened we were planning on going we costed it up for a week and it was cheaper to go to WDW for 2 weeks,glad we did because weve been over 16 times now,still dont fancey DLP
Paulh

That used to be the case a while ago, but look at the prices now. Things are changing. Hence the point of the price study.

I just priced up 7 nights in August and just for hotel and park entry it was over £1500!! :eek: By the time you add on getting there it would only be a few hundred cheaper than spending 2 weeks in Florida! :faint:

I just priced up 7 nights in August and just for hotel and park entry it was over £1500!! :eek: By the time you add on getting there it would only be a few hundred cheaper than spending 2 weeks in Florida! :faint:

I have paid £1720 just for flights to get flordia, and this is in september! August flights were nearly £3000 when I looked. I don't see how two weeks in flordia is only a few hunderd more.

I have paid £1720 just for flights to get flordia, and this is in september! August flights were nearly £3000 when I looked. I don't see how two weeks in flordia is only a few hunderd more.

Were you looking like for like at the hotels?

Were you looking like for like at the hotels?

No, I was pointing out that flights alone to Orlando cost more than 7 nights at a DLP hotel.
I have never paid more than £200 for all 3 of my family to get to paris, so flights, hotel, tickets, and breakfast at DLP cost about the same as it cost us just to fly to Orlando before we have even added on the hotel and park tickets for WDW.

I agree, ultimately going to Florida is going to be more expensive but what you get for your money is a totally different experience.
When DH was self employed and short on time we probably had a bigger holiday budget overall but less time to spend it! DLRP is good if you're short on time but not on budget. I have quite a few friends whose husbands can't take two weeks holiday so they will go to DLRP for 4 nts as a family once or twice a year, then might catch a week in the sun another time.

One couple I know recently took their children to DLRP and stayed in the Hotel New York for 2 (yes 2) nights - it's just not long enough. They didn't go into the studios park at all, I tried to pursuade them to try a cheaper hotel for a longer stay but they weren't happy to change their minds. It rained all the time they were there and they came home throughly miserable -not a positive Disney experience.

Everytime we have been to DLRP it has rained, I know it rains in Florida but it dries in no time. We love the freedom of the weather and the outdoor lifestyle too.
DH is not happy at all to return to DLRP (unless we win that 12m tomorrow night) at all, he says it doesn't represent value for money. I have to say, I agree with him.

Ive got flights booked to Florida in August and we paid £600 each, this year we are using our DVC but last year when we stayed at Pop we paid £2600 for flights, hotel, tickets etc for 16 nights which is less than a £800 cheaper than 7 days at DLP! Know where I would rather go!

Went to DLP the year it opened, been to WDW 4 times almost 5, would like to go to DL - interesting info. but I think I'll stick with WDW I love Florida and theres so much to do in WDW.

We went to WDW in may last years and paid over £5000 for us four and my Mum, this was with a package through Virgin (never again) booked before I found the DIS, it had been a few years since we had been and hadn't been with our children before so we took the easy route.
In October last year we were lucky enough to go again but DH said only if it comes in under £xxxx. We had 16 nts in windsors hills 3bed 3bath with our own pool, flew with VA, mini van hire and ultimate tickets for less than £3000. On top of that we only spent £800 spending money. Paris is very expensive when you get there, the US is much cheaper at the mo, and has been for a while.
I know where I'd rather go too!

personally I would rather spend £2600 to stay at the Disneyland Hotel in Castle Club than to stay at POP, though I guess people will think that is mad.:rotfl: everyone is different though, I love DLP as much as WDW.

No, I was pointing out that flights alone to Orlando cost more than 7 nights at a DLP hotel.
I have never paid more than £200 for all 3 of my family to get to paris, so flights, hotel, tickets, and breakfast at DLP cost about the same as it cost us just to fly to Orlando before we have even added on the hotel and park tickets for WDW.

Ooops. Sorry, I thought you were on a WDW is cheaper that DLP trip. I didn't quite understand. Agreed. WE are going for £806 at the HNY because we have AP's, and our Tescos club cards have picked up the crossing on Eurotunnel!! Yay.

Everytime we have been to DLRP it has rained, I know it rains in Florida but it dries in no time. We love the freedom of the weather and the outdoor lifestyle too.
DH is not happy at all to return to DLRP (unless we win that 12m tomorrow night) at all, he says it doesn't represent value for money. I have to say, I agree with him.

Funny, after our last 12 day trip to AKL in WDW, I don't care if I ever go to Florida again. California is my resort of choice, but due to the new flight hikes, don't think that a trip across the atlantic is on the cards for a while.

own pool, flew with VA, mini van hire and ultimate tickets for less than £3000. On top of that we only spent £800 spending money. Paris is very expensive when you get there, the US is much cheaper at the mo, and has been for a while.
I know where I'd rather go too!

There are cheaper ways of doing it. That's why this study was on a like for like experience across the resorts. You can rent a house and buy food at the grocery store at any of these, and it will lower cost. You can stay in a £40 a night hotel walking distance from California. I simply compared like for like on quality. I was really surprised. I thought the cheaper food and pins at WDW and DL would negate the travel costs, but not anymore.

I'm not going to bash one park over any other.

We're on a budget and it's certainly cheaper for us to do DLP. The cost of flights to the USA rules out DL and WDW.

If we had more money my temptation too would be to do Castle Club :rotfl:

personally I would rather spend £2600 to stay at the Disneyland Hotel in Castle Club than to stay at POP, though I guess people will think that is mad.:rotfl: everyone is different though, I love DLP as much as WDW.

I'm with you there. In fact I love DLP more.

Ive got flights booked to Florida in August and we paid £600 each, this year we are using our DVC but last year when we stayed at Pop we paid £2600 for flights, hotel, tickets etc for 16 nights which is less than a £800 cheaper than 7 days at DLP! Know where I would rather go!

That was last year. Look at the prices now. Flights have gone hyper crazy now. Just a warning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter