Dlp quick report (ipad typing :-)

janischa

Mouseketeer
Just back from a mini dlp trip.
Was great for a quick fix of my disney addiction :-)
We stayed at novotel collegien, a 15 minute drive from the parcs. The hotel was okay. Room just big enough for 2 adults, 1 six yr old and one baby. The airco was broken though and when i complained, the girl at the reception tried telling me that nothing was wrong and i had to really insist for her to believe me. When we came back from the parcs in the late afternoon, nothing had been done yet and i had to ask again. Then in the evening after asking again, a technician came and indeed, there was a problem. Apparently in the entire wing we were in. And before you ask why we needed airco, it was mighthy hot in that room. Even i spent 2 nights sweating and i'm half asian, always feeling too cold than too warm. No compensation was offered and no apologies neither :-( But apart from that, i would book the hotel again. They have a great tajine dish in their room service offering and breakfast is pretty good quality. Best offering of various types of luxurious teas!
Then on to more important things, the parcs and our entrance tickets. We bought annual passes from a dutch site dlp-kaarten dot nl. They gave me great customer service. I'd paid them for 3 tickets, then they called me to ask if there was a child among the 3 and when i confirmed, they offered to pay me back some money and exchange it for some adult + child combi package. It wasn't on their site, so they may no longer be able to provide such promo's. The exchange of their vouchers in the disney parc went without a hitch.
The parcs then. It was really busy. With our annual passes we didn't want to stress about long wait times, but we did want to do ratatouille, so we waited from 9 am at the studios entrance. We were let in at 9.30 and hubbie and eldes dd went on the ride while i got fastpasses. Hubbie and kid were out before i even got my fastpass :-) but the speed at which both rows grew was scary!!! The wait ime grew to 80 minutes in no time!
After that we did rc racer and slinky, before using our ratatouille fp. I wanted to use the baby switch but the woman inside just ushered us into the ride, saying the baby could go as well. I should have stood my ground because the little one kept wriggling and it was a shame not to be able to fully enjoy the ride. But from what i did see, it was pretty amazing.
In the disney parc i ran to get a pass to see the princesses (it was about 11am). We got really lucky and received the last one of the day (return at 8.10pm). It lets you and family meet one princess and you will not know which one. We got tiana and while she's not my girls favorite, she was super sweet, taking her time to ask my daughter questions and putting the baby at ease.
Rides we also did were it's a small world, 2 times thundermountain, hm.

Things i didn't know before this trip:
If you need to pay for parking and will only be there for a few hours, parking at disney village can be cheaper and less of a walk
There are really quite some nice spots to sit and enjoy the beauty of the place. Coming into mind the little pergola just outside the disney park, some areas at the side of the castle, some spots near frontierland
The number of opportunities to bump into characters outside of scheduled moments seems to have decreased

hi, sounds like a lovely mini-trip :)

Can I ask about the annual passes? The website you bought them from, do you need to be resident in Holland, Germany or Belgium to purchase? Just checking as my Dutch wouldn't be that great. It's a really good price though for annual passes!

As far as i remember, there didn't seem any nationality requirements, but you could mail them in english!

I've just had a look at the dlp-Kaarten website and the annual passes seem really well priced. Has anybody else used them? I take it they mail you the tickets to change into annual passes at the park.

I have contacted him and he says he will send me etickets by email which I can then change to AP's in the park. I can pay by PayPal, credit card or bank transfer.

The question now is Fantasy or Dream!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter