DLP shares?

Disney owl

DIS Veteran
Anybody any idea how much these cost these days?

Thinking about joining shareholders club as we may visit next year.

Thanks

about €0.27 per share.

it's definately well worth joining especially if you buy merchandise (-10%) or do sit down meals (also -10%). we have saved the cost of the shares many times over.

They were trading at 20 pence a share on friday. Its worth while buying some as I am a member of the shareholders club. These are the benefits you will receive:

Discounts on admissions to the Theme Parks
Annual Passports -15%
1-day Passport to Disneyland® Park or Walt Disney Studios® Park -15%
3-days Hopper Passport -15%

Discounts on Disneyland Resort Paris Hotels (1)
"Classic" packages or Room only
Low & Mid-season -10%
High season - 5%

Other discounts
Disneyland® Resort Paris Boutiques (2) -10%
Disney Stores Europe (2) -10%
Green Fees at Golf Disneyland® -10%
Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show dinner-show -10%
Table-service restaurants in the Park and Hotels -10%

They also sometime invite you to special events. I was lucky to get 4 free tickets to a preview of the Studios before it opened.

You can also get 10% discount in Disney stores in Europe.

If you have between 1 and 349 then you have to pay a €15 euro admin fee, 350 or over it's free.

The €15 euro admin fee make your membership valid for 2 years, upon which it can be renewed.

If you join the shareholders club and so can use Salon Mickey - can the other members of your party use it too, or is it just your immediate family?

what is Salon Mickey? How do you apply to be in the club?

Salon Mickey as mention on the Shareholders' Club website

"We are pleased to offer you the services of a welcome lounge, " Salon Mickey ", at the entrance of the Park, exclusively reserved for your use. It is open each morning until noon, and you can enjoy a light continental breakfast."

It also tells you how to join the club too. Now, where to buy those shares!?!:D

Ironic this subject should come up, as I bought some only three days ago and now I'm just waiting for the share certificates to come through so I can prove it when sending off my shareholders club application form. Including stamp duty and admin fees, 350 shares cost me a grand total of £88.51.

Now considering I'll get a 10% discount on a Classic package next time I go, which normally sets me back about £750, I'll probably have broken even by the time I've finished my first trip if you factor in the discounts on dining and shopping in the park. Every trip after that is pure profit! I won't NEED an excuse to go anymore!!!

With regards to Salon Mickey I think it will allow the shareholder & 3 other members of their group in too.

You should be able to go to any bank & purchase the shares.

Thanks for that info tennisfan. :D

Just one more question - if you buy 350 shares, does that waive the fee for the shareholders club forever, or just for the first two years?

Originally posted by Bexx
Thanks for that info tennisfan. :D

Just one more question - if you buy 350 shares, does that waive the fee for the shareholders club forever, or just for the first two years?

It waivers the fee forever at the moment but i still think it has to be renewed every 2 years. It simple to renew, they will send a new form & issue you a new card when they receive it.

I'm in the US.....does anyone know where/how I can buy stocks? What name do they trade under?

I think they trade under the name of either EuroDisney or EuroDisney SCA i'm not entirely sure but if you went to your bank I'm sure they will be able to find out for you. It is likely you will have to purchase them from either the French, London or Brussels stock market because accoeding to the Disney site they were only launched on those 3 markets. I could be wrong though.

Is there an age limit on people using Salon Mickey? I mean, can children use it or is it adults only?

Also, does the Classic Package discount apply to the Selected hotels ie. Explorers or just the Disney hotels?

Elaine

I don't think there is an age limit & i'm pretty sure you can get discount on hotels such as the Explorers, that is providing you book through disney.

Best way to find out is to just give Disney a call.

Can you buy these through any bank and how much do they charge on top of the share price ie.commision? AS i would like to own a little bit of the magic for myself:Pinkbounc :sunny:

The amount of commision charge will vary from bank to bank. I paid about £20 with Barclays a few years ago.

You should be able to buy them from any bank that does sharedealing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter