DLP thoughts

met19

Mouseketeer
I am considering either going to Disneyland Paris pre-or post my siene Abd. My plan is for two days one night. Considering staying at Sequoia Hotel. I am at Disneyland annual passholder and go frequently to Disney World.

Plan on quick service lunch/dinner. Things I plan on doing/ making priority is the castle, Indiana Jones, space Mountain, big thunder mountain, phantom manor and crush coaster. I understand that the studios is a half-day park. How are the shows such as lion king?

I appreciate everyone’s thoughts.

Disneyland Paris has some very good shows at the moment. Lion King is a mix of the animation with stylized costumes (closer to the Broadway show). It's definitely one of the better shows. I prefer to sit on the right side of the audience (when facing the stage), because during Can You Feel the Love Tonight Timon and Pumbaa are in front of you reacting to the scene, sometimes it gives for great entertainment :D

Also Mickey and the Magician (Studios) is very good. I really love the hub show for the 30th anniversary (Disneyland Park). The Disney Jr. show (Studios) makes me happy even when I'm not the target audience. At the moment, due to all the reconstructions I wouldn't consider The Studios a full day park.

When is your Seine ABD?

I would do a pre-stay, as then you can go to the parks during the week instead of the weekend.
The Summer holidays in France officially start the 8th of July, but you will already notice the difference in crowds when you go the first week of July.

would you travel start there when i arrive in the 21 and leave the 22nd for the city late pm? i arrive at Charles de gaulle at 11am

I usually don't advise people to go directly to the park after an international flight, but in your case it might be a good option.

With the best scenario, depending on customs and picking up luggage, you might be in the park around 1pm.
You are a solo traveller, right? So, easy to go at your own pace. First day I would just walk around, do rides with short lines, see some shows. The park is probably open till 11pm that day. On day two do whatever you have missed on the first day.
I don't know how early you have to board the river cruise? If it's not before noon, I would book an extra night at DLP and travel to the ship in the morning (it's about 1 hour from DLP to the city center). I wouldn't like to arrive in an unfamiliar city at night.

Of course visiting Disneyland Paris after your cruise is also an option. You might be in the park earlier, having more time there. Due to it being a weekend, it'll be busier. But on the other hand, you are more relaxed and have adjusted already to the timezone.

There are pros and cons to both.

would you travel start there when i arrive in the 21 and leave the 22nd for the city late pm? i arrive at Charles de gaulle at 11am
We just came back from a spring break trip to France. We arrived in CDG at 6:55am. We took TGV train to DLP which was 10mins. We had express luggage service so dropped off luggage at the station, got KTTW, and walked to park for start of MH at 8:30.

I am considering either going to Disneyland Paris pre-or post my siene Abd. My plan is for two days one night. Considering staying at Sequoia Hotel. I am at Disneyland annual passholder and go frequently to Disney World.

Plan on quick service lunch/dinner. Things I plan on doing/ making priority is the castle, Indiana Jones, space Mountain, big thunder mountain, phantom manor and crush coaster. I understand that the studios is a half-day park. How are the shows such as lion king?

I appreciate everyone’s thoughts.
We really liked the food at Toad Hall and Walt’s. We ordered room service breakfast by putting the card on the outside of the door with our order the night before which was excellent. Most of the other food we had was terrible.

We did not like Indiana Jones. Loved Phantom Manor & Hyperspace Mountain! Darth Vader was one of the best M&Gs we’ve had at any park.

I usually don't advise people to go directly to the park after an international flight, but in your case it might be a good option.

With the best scenario, depending on customs and picking up luggage, you might be in the park around 1pm.
You are a solo traveller, right? So, easy to go at your own pace. First day I would just walk around, do rides with short lines, see some shows. The park is probably open till 11pm that day. On day two do whatever you have missed on the first day.
I don't know how early you have to board the river cruise? If it's not before noon, I would book an extra night at DLP and travel to the ship in the morning (it's about 1 hour from DLP to the city center). I wouldn't like to arrive in an unfamiliar city at night.

Of course visiting Disneyland Paris after your cruise is also an option. You might be in the park earlier, having more time there. Due to it being a weekend, it'll be busier. But on the other hand, you are more relaxed and have adjusted already to the timezone.

There are pros and cons to both.
yeah i could go the two nights i arrive and then spend my post cruise days in Versailles and Paris.
We really liked the food at Toad Hall and Walt’s. We ordered room service breakfast by putting the card on the outside of the door with our order the night before which was excellent. Most of the other food we had was terrible.

We did not like Indiana Jones. Loved Phantom Manor & Hyperspace Mountain! Darth Vader was one of the best M&Gs we’ve had at any park.

i couldn't find walts as an option for a reservation in the app

yeah i could go the two nights i arrive and then spend my post cruise days in Versailles and Paris.

i couldn't find walts as an option for a reservation in the app
Versailles is awesome! Book the tour when you buy tickets. There was only one available in English.

I searched by date as opposed to searching by restaurant. It took a while to find an opening. Searching at night in US time zones seems to yield better results.

I’ll make sure I get thet tour. I found Walt’s but don’t see book a table so prob filled :( thanks for your suggestions

I’ll make sure I get thet tour. I found Walt’s but don’t see book a table so prob filled :( thanks for your suggestions
If you want good French food, don't expect it in DLP, there are plenty of good places to get great authentic food for a great price in Paris (outside the tourist areas).
Walt's is an experience, but I wouldn't do it alone, especially not for that price. If you really want to do it, you can try calling. It just reopened after 3 years (renovation + covid) and has a limited amount of tables, so it books up quickly.

About the food. The food in DLP is fine. It does go wrong when people compare it to the US parks, where food is at a higher level. There are plenty of decent places.
And because you are alone, it's also very easy to snack around. Go to Victoria's or by the Main Street Bakery for 30th anniversary snacks. Chicken nuggets at Cafe de la Brousse are a favourite. Also have a look at the Old Mill.
For quick service: Hakuna Matata, Toad Hall, Casey's Corner. Hyperion is decent nowadays as well. Pinocchios and Cowboy Cookout are not my favourite, but they are for my Disney buddy.
Table service in the park: Jack's or the buffet at Café Agrabah (lunch only). Plaza Gardens buffet is also decent.
But I prefer table service outside the park in Disney Village: Annette's, King Ludwig, Rain Forest Café or Vaipiano (although they are slow).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter